empire events & solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

empire events & solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.4
empire events & solutions CEO Shaina Parker (no image)
Shaina Parker

"DON'T GET SUCKED IN"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at empire events & solutions full-time

Pros

Learn some business skills in the first hour at the actual location before you drive off to some location they choose for you.

Cons

RISKY/UNPREDICTABLE Low pay-commission High turnover rate No compensation for all the gas you put into your car driving everywhere around the bay. You go as far as SF! On your feet all day contemplating if it's worth it Passerby people even question what you're doing is charitable LONG HOURS-I had no life outside this job 16 hour days were stupid and equaled 500 paycheck. NOT WORTH IT put your hard earned... work into somewhere else that's honest They are a SCAM!!!

Advice to Management

Be honest with people! Don't lie to them in the interview process. The turnover rate would be less of a headache if you did.

empire events & solutions2017-08-11

"nice"

I worked at empire events & solutions full-time

Pros

motivation, energy, joy, support, nice environment

Cons

commission, self starter, un predictable, unsteady sales, no sales force

Advice to Management

be straightforward to new hire

empire events & solutions2017-03-21

"event coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at empire events & solutions full-time

Pros

Great work environment, flexible schedules and learned new skills. Opportunity to relocate

Cons

Was a little far from home

Advice to Management

No advice to management

empire events & solutions2016-09-01

"Awesome Work Atmosphere"

in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at empire events & solutions for less than a year

Pros

Everyone, including managers, are super nice. Very positive atmosphere. Help you better yourself while helping children.

Cons

Far drive, but worth it. They do not have an office in Tracy. You laugh all the time (Isn't a con, just proving that it's a great place to work!)

empire events & solutions2016-08-04

"Scam"

I worked at empire events & solutions

Pros

try to say you will be promoted. if you want to work crazy hours for $200 a week.

Cons

They want you to go to events and ask for money for D.A.R.E. and you get a commission based on what you receive. they want you to work 11 hour days.

Advice to Management

they try to sell you into joining the company

empire events & solutions2016-09-15

"I lasted two weeks"

Former Employee - Marketing Agent in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at empire events & solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work closely with managers to build business skills Food and drink vending machine at your disposal. That's it, no other pros.

Cons

85 hour work week (not joking) No base pay, all commission No benefits No overtime No holidays Sick days are highly frowned upon No breaks during the day Lunch breaks are highly frowned upon CEO is a multimillionaire who constantly boasts about her new purchase or latest vacation. It's a pyramid scheme. The website is incredibly misleading. They boast about being a marketing team and teaching us to be leaders... and great business partners, but what you end up doing is going to random locations and begging people for "donations". I put that in quotations because your pay check is 30% commission of said "donations". Nobody knows how much of the money actually goes to the D.A.R.E program. I did this in heels and skirts, since the dress code is strictly business formal. The managers also do none of this work. They are allowed to stay at the office all day, and it was slipped to me that they make upwards of $15,000 a week. Not okay.

Advice to Management

Less hours, decent pay, give your employees benefits. Stop drinking the kool-aid people.

empire events & solutions2016-07-18

"distributor"

I worked at empire events & solutions

Pros

-good work environment -opportunity for growth -travel

Cons

-long hours -commission only -only few make it -favoritism

empire events & solutions2016-06-08

"Empire"

Leader in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at empire events & solutions

Pros

Great work atmosphere !! Positive energy. Mangers are awesome. There're doing a great job also helping out the local area and get DARE back into our kids life's. Anthony the admin Was AWESOME the funniest kid I ever met!!!

Cons

I wish I could work 7 days a week but they won't let me!

empire events & solutions2016-02-18

"Great culture, not too great hours"

I have been working at empire events & solutions part-time

Pros

Team was very supportive overall -- morning meetings, workshops, training one on one in the field. A lot of support through GroupMe platform. Easy to have face-time with higher-ups.

Cons

Extremely long hours, sometimes form before 6 AM to after 7 PM. Sadly, non-guaranteed payment for those incredibly long hours made it not worth overall. There is no compensation for traveling and you would often drive for very long distances. Extremely high turnover rates.

Advice to Management

The long hours and commission-based pay is hard to justify given how many sales need to be conducted within a day in order to meet what one would have gotten working at minimum wage for the same amount of hours. Offer compensation for the gas that is used just to arrive at destinations.

empire events & solutions2016-03-01

"Fun working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at empire events & solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was very pleasant and the Interviewer was very nice and respectful. She took the time to get to know me and what I was looking for. Very straightforward and let me know exactly what the position was. The environment right when you walk into the office is upbeat and positive. It was a relief to find other hard working and positive people looking for growth opportunities, and a management team... willing to train and put effort into their employees.

Cons

I could not start right away but when I finally quit my other job I wished I would have done it sooner.

empire events & solutions2016-02-10