eDreams ODIGEO Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 20 Jan 2020

3.5
eDreams ODIGEO CEO Dana Dunne
Dana Dunne
Pros
  • "And Barcelona is a wonderful place to work and live(in 24 reviews)

• "Office in central location, well designed and comfortable, besides free coffee;(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Algunos departamentos no tienen un career path muy definido(in 8 reviews)

• "Almost all projects closed and transferred to the low-cost Barcelona Office(in 8 reviews)

1. "Good place to learn and grow"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing in the company is the friendly job environment. While there can be pressure to deliver value the people is quite relaxed. The compensation and advantages are competitive but not the best of the market. You have lots of resources and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Open solutions are not fully embraced, and changes in the company are slow. Producing a minor change can mean a full year of convincing everyone.

Advice to Management

Vision on the technological side should be more ambitious, if eDreams wants to truly become a technological company to look for.

eDreams ODIGEO2020-01-20
  2. "So far so good."

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice location, good atmosphere, good salary+bonus, decent benefits, attractive holiday package, interesting people, forward thinking company, growth opportunities, proactiveness looked favorably upon.

Cons

If you're not a self starter, go getter, clear what your objectives are, or open to forces of change, you run the risk of getting lost, bitter, frustrated, and/or feeling alienated .

Advice to Management

Strengthen your Onboarding program on departmental and team level. Make sure to keep up with your 1:1 meetings. They are important.

eDreams ODIGEO2020-01-19
  3. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Product Owner in Barcelona

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work with some incredibly talented people but more important than that everyone is really nice and you develop great friendships so much so that everyday is like going to work with friends! The working environment is really nice and everything is provided for you. The agile coaching is some of the best I have ever seen and everyone is working together to achieve and smash collective goals. The Product team has vision and drives the company forward on a daily basis with a very high calibre of Product Directors and Owners. It was a pleasure to work there and I would recommend it highly.

Cons

There is no such thing as a perfect company, this company has its faults as much as any other but they are heavily outweighed by the positives. It is also working to improve and I have seen dramatic transformations in my 2.5 years. If this change continues then the future looks bright for all involved.

Advice to Management

Keep working to remove the siloed approach and develop collaborative vision and adoption of the vision in product. Be careful of imposing direction and allow the very talented leaders in Product to guide. Improve the QA and the development structure as this is obstructing the speed of development and ability to react to the market.

eDreams ODIGEO2020-01-11
  4. "Colourful work environment with a huge emphasis on machine learning"

Current Employee - Data Science in Barcelona

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Friendly: The team culture in the data science team is fantastic. We often have beers together and get together after work for various activities especially in the summer with the weekly volleyball at close by beaches -Collaborative: People usually are quick to offer help and brainstorm problems together -Multidisciplinary: The data science team consists of people from various academic backgrounds such as physics, bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science and engineering. The majority of them hold PhDs or Masters degrees. This means that you often get different perspectives on any problem that we are trying to solve

Cons

-Alignment: Projects can sometimes be a bit slow to start given the number of stakeholders involved -Relaxing spaces: There aren't a lot of activities for people to cool off when they have their code running or dedicated spaces for brainstorming which is now usually done in the common areas

eDreams ODIGEO2020-01-02
  5. "Making a career while having fun"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time

Pros

I'm going to talk mainly from the perspective I have, which is the one I get from the data science team, but I don't think it will be too different to other departments. Best thing for me in this company is the team. It is comprised of amazing people that I am really thankful to have met. They are not only people I can learn from in terms of my professional career, but also people I can call to be friends. The two most important things for me are fulfilled here: first the challenges that will squeeze my mind and make me struggle, secondly the environment in which I can be human and have fun and relate to other lives. I have seen over and over again we have one of the best organizations in the country and in europe, and I feel very lucky to have been involved in this. I know it sounds cheesy, but I take consolation in the fact that I am being honest :D Without going too formal, perks in the company are attractive enough without being crazily good. We have events and activities and room to grow and explore and exploit some creativity without loosing focus and be always oriented to improve the business. We have resources at our disposal to learn new technologies, time to invest in how to improve the business and create new products to change the way we work and the way people travel. These have been the happiest years of my life. Obviously not because of the organization, but because of the people I have found inside this organization. I will always be thankful to be lucky enough to randomly land in this place and meet the people I have met.

Cons

Like every other organization, people is usually the hardest component to deal with. Sometimes evangelising and handling communication with stakeholders inside the company can require some energy. We have walked a long path in the last years and the CSM is fully supportive of our initiatives but sometimes it takes some wit to align with the stakeholders we need to work with. Next thing when you work with data, would be data sources. We have improved a lot in the last years but there is still some work to do. Sometimes curating data and conciliating the different sources can be troublesome, it is enriching but requires a strong will and direction.

Advice to Management

The board is taking plenty of actions to make the organization always a better place than it was the day before. Having said that, I would still recommend to be more harsh when it comes to settling the direction. There is a clear path in terms of KPIs, and while having the freedom to choose and suggest what the company will become is something enviable, in my humble opinion we lack some strength when it comes to setting a path other companies will have to follow if they want to survive.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-12-25
  6. "eDreams is full of opportunities"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for less than a year

Pros

- lots of things to do and implement - Open spaces - Leaders open-minded - Leaving at 3 pm on Fridays - Talented people

Cons

- Not too many benefits

Advice to Management

To be people-oriented. Not only building a product, we build teams He should think of having the best place to work in Barcelona

eDreams ODIGEO2019-12-16
  7. "Company with some flexibilities and avarage salary"

Current Employee - WFM Support

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time

Pros

flexibility, salary, nice atmosphere, respecting ooo times

Cons

no defined career improvement policy, few benefits

eDreams ODIGEO2019-12-12
  8. "Great place to work, good environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Barcelona
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for employees and very good initiatives throughout the Company facilitating different Departments to collaborate .

Cons

Some things take more time than expected to be implemented for such a fast paced environment.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-12-10

"Good IT place to work in Barcelona"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Agile methodology (kanban) is at core of the company. It also enforce continuous improvements and fast iterations, strongly using data and A/B to take decision on new features. Mobile apps team is very solid, professionally and personally speaking.

Cons

Being a big company, something it can be challenging to find who is the right person you need to talk to.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-11-14
  10. "Slow moving company"

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are nice people. Short Fridays. Relaxed environment without much time pressure. Nice office.

Cons

Pure bureaucracy in technical decisions. The process is slow and people in charge resist change to keep their confortable positions. The short-term priorities change depending on the top level mood, which leads to inefficient work. Lack of growth opportunities. People that have been forever in the company fill the higher positions. The rest mostly don't stay more than 2 years because there is no perspective to grow.

Advice to Management

Learn to delegate. Hire qualified people, pay them what they deserve, and help them grow to favor the company.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-11-27