deVere Group Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

3.7
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "You will have huge earning potential as long as you're not expecting to be spoon fed like a lot of people do(in 37 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "You'll work long hours and at the start there's a lot of information to take on and manage effectively(in 65 reviews)

• "Logistical hiccups in transitioning between Malta training and Marbella office(in 39 reviews)

1. "Really enjoyed my time at deVere"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dubai

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Great working environment, great rewards, great job, the CEO Nigel Green is great to be around and very inspirational.

Cons

I can’t give a con as I loved my time with deVere.

2. "A Great Entry into Wealth Management"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent online training programme, Head of Training adds his personality into the drier subjects so they are easier understood Opportunity to create my own career within the Financial Services industry Clear and concise KPI's - a positive even if massively challenging as ensures I know Im progressing Support in making the move to Dubai prior to jumping on a plane

Cons

Not for the faint hearted - it is literally GO GO GO from Day 1 Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve

3. "good place"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Dubai

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

good reward for working hard

Cons

hard work if you are not prepared

4. "Great place to start a career in Finance"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Zürich

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

International opportunities Opportunity to earn a lot Clear progression path Access to training Great people

Cons

You need to be prepared for the challenges of emigrating

"Fantastic Opportunity if you work HARD!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

deVere Group gives you the foundation to excel in the financial industry through advanced training, progress development & Client management. I am relatively young but I’ve gained the skills and techniques to advise clients through complex solutions which is incredibly rewarding and having gratification from clients. deVere Group rewards employees that have a proactive approach. I honestly love the job I do and I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity because to work for a company which is constantly evolving and developing you as an employee to the highest potential.

Cons

Hard work & long hours but in essence your self employed and the harder you work the faster you progress and advance your career. The reason you see bad reviews or people not succeeding is because the lack of drive and hunger to get to the end result.

"Get out what you put in"

Current Employee - BDM in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about the industry and the products and services on offer and to work all over the world. There's loads of training available and our office has a great environment.

Cons

You'll work long hours and at the start there's a lot of information to take on and manage effectively.

"Great job for ambitious individuals"

Current Employee - BDM in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible. It is not a job for the unmotivated and those who are not looking to stay long term. Highlights: Amazing office environment/culture Get to learn all about financial products and services on the job. You get out what you put into it

Cons

Long hours daily High pressure role

Continue reading

"Great Experience"

5.0
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator/Business Development Manager in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My time at deVere has been an amazing so far. Over the past 4 years, I have traveled across the world, working in offices in Europe, Asia, and now settled here in New Zealand. If you are willing to learn and work hard, deVere is brilliant opportunity for anyone, whether you have experience in finance or are just looking to start out in the industry with no experience.

Cons

If you're looking for an easy ride, deVere won't be for you. However the pros without doubt out way any cons if you get your head down and work hard.

"Great opportunities for driven individuals."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Plenty. - Opportunity to select an initial overseas location as well as future world travel (I've now lived and worked in 3 different countries on 2 continents). - Genuine earnings potential, which far outstrip UK national averages. - Focus on developing graduates with focused training, relating to the Financial Services Industry. - Largest independent financial services company in the world, so access to the best 'products' on the market. - Lots of different roles to branch off into, should you choose a field of particular field of interest. - High tempo offices, create a 'buzzy' atmosphere which, as an extroverted person, I thoroughly enjoy. - You get out what you put in.

Cons

Depends what you'd classify as a 'Con', as it differs for individuals. - Need dedication and to be a self-motivated individual, so often work long hours (although weekends are always off). - Largely commission based in the BDM role, so it does take a couple of months to get off and running.

"Rewarding company to work for."

Current Employee - Paraplanner

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have found that deVere respond positively to thinking outside the box when it comes to carrying out work. If I have a new idea, I have always been encouraged to try it out, which has led to my day to day work being varied and fulfilling. I very much think that the more effort you put in, the more you are rewarded, which is certainly not the case for many companies.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard if you want to do well.

Found 531 reviews