albelli Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.0
albelli CEO Tristan Money
Tristan Money
Pros
Cons
  • "Daarbij wordt er erg leuk gepresenteerd hoe geweldig en gezellig het is, maar dit gaat vooral over locatie amsterdam(in 3 reviews)

• "no real contra, but Dutch courses for the international employees would be nice(in 3 reviews)

1. "Headed in the right direction!"

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ freedom to challenge yourself + relaxed, inviting, and fluid culture + passionate people with a real drive to succeed

Cons

- doesn't always feel like we are one company - sometimes a bit old fashioned with benefits (not bad, just not creative)

Advice to Management

Focus more on people instead of the bottom line. Happy people are better employees!

albelli2019-09-26

October 2, 2019Response albelli

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you feel challenged and relaxed in our office environment and we will listen to your feedback regarding areas we can improve on. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

"Micromanagement and infantilism thrive here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I worked at albelli full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Innovative IT company with offices next to Central Station.

Cons

Albelli is an international company with Dutch sensibilities. The national characteristic for bluntness when expressing opinions often creates uncomfortable social interactions with employees from other non-western European countries. They continue to struggle with this issue.

Advice to Management

All of your employees deserve all of your respect.

albelli2019-07-09

August 27, 2019Response albelli

Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it. We are sorry you feel this way about your experience in albelli. We are committed to making this a comfortable and collaborative workplace for all our employees and we are always striving for better communication. We will certainly listen to your advice to continue to improve ourselves as an employer.

"Dynamic, collaborative & fun"

Former Employee - Content Manager in Amsterdam

I worked at albelli full-time for more than a year

Pros

International environment where colleagues become friends Dynamic & collaborative Hunger to grow Great for marketers, digital specialists, IT & production professionals Training & leadership opportunities Fast paced Fun - they celebrate success. Work hard, play hard!

Cons

Very few. The usual struggles that come with a matrix organisation and fast growth of a startup company. But under the new CEO came a good focus on strategy, professionalisation of HR, the joining up of production & head office to create 'one company' and a strong desire to open up collaboration between departments backed by a good leadership team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Listening to your people, inspiring/driving change & growth and celebrating with them! Having left the company I have applied lots of my albelli learnings & 'rules of play' to my new companies!

albelli2019-06-12
  4. "Lots of autonomy & good work-life balance!"

I have been working at albelli full-time

Pros

- Relaxed atmosphere with not too much pressure - Individuals given a lot of autonomy - There is a lot of room for employees to give their input and come up with creative ways to do things - No micro management - Flexible working times - Really international environment - Great office location

Cons

- Teams are a bit separated, not working together much

albelli2019-05-02

May 27, 2019Response albelli

Thanks for your feedback and we are happy you value our work-life balance! We are continuously working to improve our cross team collaboration.

"Good company, but slowly falling behind"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Nice colleagues * Great work life balance * Depending on the team, room to try new technologies and processes * Great office location next to Amsterdam Central Station * A cloud and DevOps oriented culture * Budget to go to conferences * Great parties

Cons

* Too many meetings, sometimes you spend more time on meetings than actually working. * Disconnection between the C-level and the rest of the company, decisions don't feel completely transparent. This has gotten better for some recent projects, but is still not there. * Lack of leadership, for some projects you will have to assume leadership even if that's not your job. Sometimes decision makers won't decide in... projects, leaving you to make your own decisions, for better or for worse. * Silo-ed work between teams, every team is like an island which leads to disconnection between the different technology teams, and poor knowledge sharing across teams. * Lack of growth opportunities, unless you are willing to become a people's manager there are no real opportunities to grow. * Lack of attention to feedback given by employees, there are some basic things that are getting worse day by day, with things as basic as the lunch, but no one steps in to fix them.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees feedback, really good people have left already because they feel like no one is paying attention or because no one steps in to support them. Having decision effectiveness trainings is not enough to improve leadership and communication across the company. Lead by example by driving projects, by attending retrospective meetings and hearing people, by providing resources and support teams... to make those thing happen. Instead of defining deadlines and hoping for the best. Invest in communication spaces for teams, specially for technology teams. Learn to provide positive informed feedback to technology teams, instead of just pointing to the failing things and giving opinions. Define career paths for engineers, not all of us want to be managers, define also incentives to motivate people, the year-based review is dated and is not enough to retain engineers. Stop creating committees to make things happen, that unfortunately never happen. And start making and communicating decisions for the things that employees care about.

albelli2019-04-24

June 4, 2019Response albelli

Thank you for your feedback. You clearly address the areas we are working to improve; thanks! Only honest and direct feedback likes this will make us better. It is great to hear that we are progressing on the topic of transparency as this is something we are continuously trying to make better. We will take on board your other feedback and please feel free to speak to your manager or HR about any other concerns you may have.

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at albelli full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good company culture: agile, young -Going data-driven: Transitioning smoothly to a more modern approach -Emphasis on personality and attitude of new hires, rather than strictly cold technical skillset, which leads to great groups of colleagues across all departments

Cons

-Application of agile methodology can be improved

albelli2019-04-09

May 27, 2019Response albelli

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are glad you like our working environment and we are working hard to ensure our agile way of working is continuously improving.

7. "Great company"

I have been working at albelli full-time

Pros

- great international company culture, nice colleagues and generally a very good atmosphere in the office - the employees are given opportunities to grow within the company and to take over responsibility - flat hierarchies, open and collaborative working culture, but at the same time very professional - good work/life balance - perfect location, good benefits

Cons

- no real contra, but Dutch courses for the international employees would be nice

albelli2019-04-11

May 27, 2019Response albelli

We’re so glad to hear you’re happy at albelli! Thank you for your feedback, we are always working on giving our employees the best benefits possible and making sure international employees have a smooth transition to the Netherlands.

"Good company but Lobbying culture in pockets"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good location. Fairly good package. Free beer and subsidised lunches.

Cons

Do have a lobbying culture(Friends prefer friends) in pockets, in highly paying technology teams. Certain expat team members do not speak English or the Dutch, lots of time even even while working, making it nearly impossible for rest to comprehend. Workers council need to look into this matter.

Advice to Management

Instead of relying too much on internal referral schemes for recruiting high-paying roles, do advertise on popular Dutch and EU job boards, so that more local candidates could apply brining in real talent & healthy competition. -Instead of sending recruitment tests via email (which could potentially be leaked by internal referrals to their friends) use independent test solutions like hackerrank, codility,... Devskiller etc - Listen to interview reviews given by external candidates (non-referral candidates) about the interview process.

albelli2019-03-20

April 4, 2019Response albelli

Thank you for your feedback and nice to hear that you have a generally positive outlook and enjoy our benefits. At albelli the business language is English and speaking English fluently is a requirement for all roles. In addition, as albelli currently employs over 35 nationalities, we do notice in some cases it seems easier for people speaking their native language in small groups. This is something we’ll continue to focus on. Finally, we would like to thank you for your feedback, it helps us to reflect on how we could further improve moving forward.

9. "Super"

Current Employee - Chef in Hyderābād

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

That hotel is superr and learning new things

Cons

Learning new things and New dishes

albelli2019-03-07

"Don't lose your time"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Hague
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at albelli part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is no advantage to work at albelli

Cons

They will give you a 0 hour contract and they will do what they want with your schedule

albelli2019-04-10

May 2, 2019Response albelli

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with albelli. As we work with peak seasons, we often look for people on a temporary basis to tackle this peak and the busyness that comes with it. During this time, we do our best to guarantee a minimum number of hours, but because it is so unpredictable, sometimes it is quieter and there isn’t as many hours of work available. When this happens, we work with the employees to see who might want to take time off to balance it out. Again, we are very sorry that you left albelli with this experience. We will take this on board and learn from it for the future.

Found 57 reviews