71% would recommend to a friend
(17997 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 17,997 of over 20K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about YMCA
2 months ago
What would you do? I’ve a local offer from ACN and Kearney Middle East. The former’s a lateral move (but in a totally new team) and the latter’s a generalist role at A level. I’m based in Europe. Personally inclined to ME but fiancé’s opportunities are limited. Also afraid if things don’t work out, may be hard to repatriate to Europe not knowing the local languages (I’m EU citizen) and only being exposed to public sector projects (from what I hear). Pay diff is huge. Please advice.
Got a burning question about YMCA? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with YMCA employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Also the people I worked with were great and really did care for the children and campers" (in 1219 reviews)
- "Great staff at my branch who always worked as a team real well and were very supportive." (in 774 reviews)
- "flexible hours are nice if I don't want the hours I can reject them." (in 743 reviews)
- "It was a positive experience and all my coworkers were great" (in 605 reviews)
- "Great work environment and perfect for anyone who's looking for a part" (in 359 reviews)
- "Not very sure what my roles are a lot of times and also low pay." (in 2378 reviews)
- "Poor management and underpaid for work" (in 807 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to similar jobs in the field and experience doesn't budge the needle much if you negotiate." (in 246 reviews)
- "The upper management was horrible." (in 194 reviews)
- "Communication with the organization was poor and became very frustrating when trying to get information." (in 158 reviews)
- 4.023 Sept 2022Marketing AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDublin, Dublin
Good work environment, flexiility, local community support
community employment scheme position, work for fre
- 4.011 Apr 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
One of the pros of working as a lifeguard at the Y,, was that they were very easy going with scheduling. It was one schedule for 6 weeks, but as long as you got someone to cover your shift and they sign off on it, you could take off.
One of the down sides of working at my pool, was that I was the only lifeguard on duty. There would be no one to help use the back board if need be, or I would have to clear the pool just so I could use the bathroom. This would be an issue when I have 4 hour shifts.
- 5.020 Jan 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Fantastic place to work. Helps you grow at every stage. Extensive training and support provided. Working in a non-profit and being able to make a difference is an amazing feeling.
There were no cons at all
YMCA Reviews FAQs
YMCA has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 19,601 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at YMCA to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
71% of YMCA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated YMCA 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.