XR Marketing Reviews

XR Marketing Managing Director  Daryl Burrowes
Daryl Burrowes
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great chance to develop new skills

Nov 24, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is willing to take invest time and effort on people with no experience and provide them with the tools to succeed be that in sales, coaching, recruitment or administration roles. They are more about the right person who can learn effectively and has a good student mentality then someone who has masses of previous experience. I have been with the company since 2007 and the experience I now have and investment to further my skill set has been tremendous. I have also had the chance to travel around Europe and Asia to network and learn.

Cons

Hours can be long but if you want to learn and put in the work, the rewards are there.

2. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Door to Door Sales with a hint of MLM

Jan 6, 2020 - Sales in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was very easy to quit. Daryl Burrowes knows there is a high turnover in his business, so has learned to deal with employees leaving.

Cons

Long hours. Fake motivational exercises. Employees are unable to speak honestly about working conditions, everything is very positive all the time, despite the work and pay being horrible. It is essentially a pyramid scheme.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place!

Aug 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, colleagues, work remit

Cons

Long and challenging work days

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Ok for students and backpackers not long term .

Jul 1, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment , useful training .Helped me get fit. It really helped me to develop my confidence and ability to accept rejection. They hire nearly everyone. The public is a lot nicer than I expected .

Cons

Long hours , difficult conditions . Wear comfy shoes on your first day and ignore the business dress code. You are expected to attend meetings and training that youre not paid for . The interview and job ads are totally misleading and it feels like youre constantly being sold the company during conversations .As it is commission based youre not guaranteed a salary unless youre a natural sales person . I also think youre annoying people by knocking on the door .Its also more difficult at first than it seems . The atmosphere in the office changes quickly once you become a team member .Progression beyond team leader is rare and many people find themselves working with a low wage for years in the hope of becoming an owner or manager. Also the title brand ambassador is very misleading youre a self employed door to door sales person but that doesn't sound very glamourous . Google appco group for a full picture of the company as theyre connected to them . You pay for any travel expenses and accommodation expenses for road trips .

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Fun and motivating environment

Apr 27, 2016 - Brand Ambassador in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked in a bank for 14 years I needed a change. I met up with Daryl Burrows from XR Marketing for an appointment and everything has gone from there. He is a great guy and the atmosphere in the company is amazing. My new colleagues are pretty awesome and we are doing great work here for the community. My experience in the corporate world was pretty dull to be honest as it was based on rules and procedures whereas now I am having so much fun working in a relaxed environment where fun and happiness are the main words you hear flying around the office. This has been a great move for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a change and challenge from their existing jobs.

Cons

Cons aren't necessary negative, for me the cons were I had to learn a new set of skills which took a little bit of time, but it was all worth it and now that con is a pro.

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work, motivating environment

Apr 28, 2016 - Brand Ambassador in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

you can earn as much as you like , you can go as far as you wont in the company regards promotions and business development program. Free couching and training, and there's no seniority

Cons

long hours would be a con, but it's not , because it's not like your working, your having more fun than work, which makes your day very,very fast. I worked from when I was 10 years old, and I'm used to long hours, and I can say for sure this are not long hours, or hard work. When you can spend your day talking to people and helping charities that's very rewarding .

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Starting your career

May 20, 2015 - Sales Representative in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to start a career in Sales, if you can do this kind of work you can do anything.

Cons

Long hours, Low pay, they will try to pressure you into working on a Saturday in order to hit your figure just remember you are a sole trader and answer to no one but yourself.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Great people

Jan 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt at lot while working at XR Marketing, great people to be around. Working here has allowed me to develop new and existing skills to my full potential. Great incentives for those willing to work hard and give it there all.

Cons

Not for everyone, a lot of commitment needed.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent and challenging work environment

Jul 25, 2016 - SEO Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment, total freedom in decision making , motivating and challenging work, excellent colleagues and CEO

Cons

Sometimes hard work, but it's all worth at the end.

10. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Field Representative

Nov 14, 2016 - Field Representative/Leader in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office atmosphere, great acknowledgment of good work

Cons

Can be very long days

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews