XR Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 13 reviews

3.8
XR Marketing CEO Daryl Burrowes
Daryl Burrowes
  1. "Great chance to develop new skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at XR Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is willing to take invest time and effort on people with no experience and provide them with the tools to succeed be that in sales, coaching, recruitment or administration roles. They are more about the right person who can learn effectively and has a good student mentality then someone who has masses of previous experience. I have been with the company since 2007 and the experience I now have and... investment to further my skill set has been tremendous. I have also had the chance to travel around Europe and Asia to network and learn.

Cons

Hours can be long but if you want to learn and put in the work, the rewards are there.

XR Marketing2016-11-24
  2. "Great place!"

I worked at XR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, colleagues, work remit

Cons

Long and challenging work days

XR Marketing2019-08-01
  3. "Great opportunity to grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at XR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Continuous coaching. Great sense of team work and unity.

Cons

Late hours, no expenses covered

XR Marketing2018-07-25
  4. "Great people"

I worked at XR Marketing full-time

Pros

I learnt at lot while working at XR Marketing, great people to be around. Working here has allowed me to develop new and existing skills to my full potential. Great incentives for those willing to work hard and give it there all.

Cons

Not for everyone, a lot of commitment needed.

XR Marketing2017-01-30
  5. "Independent Contractor"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at XR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun atmosphere - Independent contractor, some flexibility - Daily recognition for individual sales targets hit

Cons

- Long hours - High employee attrition rate - Excessive reliance on authoritative/coercive leadership

Advice to Management

- Care more about your employees' well being - Train coaches on how to coach effectively - Allow employees to present their ideas and opinions on matters that directly affect them

XR Marketing2016-12-15
  6. "Field Representative"

Former Contractor - Field Representative/Leader in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at XR Marketing for less than a year

Pros

Great office atmosphere, great acknowledgment of good work

Cons

Can be very long days

XR Marketing2016-11-15
  7. "Excellent and challenging work environment"

SEO Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at XR Marketing

Pros

Excellent work environment, total freedom in decision making , motivating and challenging work, excellent colleagues and CEO

Cons

Sometimes hard work, but it's all worth at the end.

Advice to Management

Stay passionate about your work and share that passion with others.

XR Marketing2016-07-25
  8. "Ok for students and backpackers not long term ."

I worked at XR Marketing

Pros

Friendly environment , useful training .Helped me get fit. It really helped me to develop my confidence and ability to accept rejection. They hire nearly everyone. The public is a lot nicer than I expected .

Cons

Long hours , difficult conditions . Wear comfy shoes on your first day and ignore the business dress code. You are expected to attend meetings and training that youre not paid for . The interview and job ads are totally misleading and it feels like youre constantly being sold the company during conversations .As it is commission based youre not guaranteed a salary unless youre a natural sales person . I also think... youre annoying people by knocking on the door .Its also more difficult at first than it seems . The atmosphere in the office changes quickly once you become a team member .Progression beyond team leader is rare and many people find themselves working with a low wage for years in the hope of becoming an owner or manager. Also the title brand ambassador is very misleading youre a self employed door to door sales person but that doesn't sound very glamourous . Google appco group for a full picture of the company as theyre connected to them . You pay for any travel expenses and accommodation expenses for road trips .

Advice to Management

I admire youre resilience and have a hard work ethic but Id leave because youll probably never have a steady income .

XR Marketing2016-07-01

"Excellent place to work, motivating environment"

Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at XR Marketing for less than a year

Pros

you can earn as much as you like , you can go as far as you wont in the company regards promotions and business development program. Free couching and training, and there's no seniority

Cons

long hours would be a con, but it's not , because it's not like your working, your having more fun than work, which makes your day very,very fast. I worked from when I was 10 years old, and I'm used to long hours, and I can say for sure this are not long hours, or hard work. When you can spend your day talking to people and helping charities that's very rewarding .

XR Marketing2016-04-28
  10. "Fun and motivating environment"

Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at XR Marketing for less than a year

Pros

Having worked in a bank for 14 years I needed a change. I met up with Daryl Burrows from XR Marketing for an appointment and everything has gone from there. He is a great guy and the atmosphere in the company is amazing. My new colleagues are pretty awesome and we are doing great work here for the community. My experience in the corporate world was pretty dull to be honest as it was based on rules and procedures... whereas now I am having so much fun working in a relaxed environment where fun and happiness are the main words you hear flying around the office. This has been a great move for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a change and challenge from their existing jobs.

Cons

Cons aren't necessary negative, for me the cons were I had to learn a new set of skills which took a little bit of time, but it was all worth it and now that con is a pro.

XR Marketing2016-04-27