Worldwide Express Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 22 Jan 2020

4.0
Worldwide Express CEO Tom Madine
Tom Madine
Pros
  • "They offer a fabulous training program In there Dallas headquarters(in 35 reviews)

• "Work hard play hard, it is a young and fun company(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company(in 30 reviews)

• "Hard work, although if your in sales its always going to be that way(in 22 reviews)

1. "My exprience to date working for Wordwide Express."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can truly say that I LOVE my job. The top 3 pros's for me is the work environment and my colleagues. The work hard play hard mentality implemented throughout the organization. Finally, the endless amount of oppurtunity that is on the horizon for someone to grow in their career. These are just a few of the pro's as I could talk all day about how awesome my employer is.

Cons

The industry is complex to learn for someone who doesnt have any prior exprience, but is not impossible. The first couple of months getting settled in and learning have been tough but obtainable.

Advice to Management

It is a rarity to work for a place that values its employees the way the maganement team does at worldwide. I have yet to run across someone in the organization who is rooting for me to accel in my role. My advice is to continue the trends and don't stop what your doing.

Worldwide Express2020-01-22
  2. "Such a better sales career"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Came from tech sales, pharma before that, and I felt like for years I was on egg shells with losing my job and all my other companies...all they did was push "plan" with little help. After 2 years at WWE I've learned its completely different, they seem to care more about their employees than other places I have worked. Leadership is strong and they've spent a lot of time helping me even when I've been struggling....never felt like it was me vs them but always them in the trenches with me to accomplish a common goal.

Cons

Like any job, its a lot of work but the flexibility seems to help.

Advice to Management

Love the style and love the changes that the company is making. ASO's have been a game-changer and I love how you guys are so willing to adapt to positive change to keep the job fresh...hoping to be here long term!

Worldwide Express2020-01-06
  3. "Good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment, good place to learn about business as a first job.

Cons

Work can get tedious and repetitive.

Worldwide Express2020-01-05
  4. "Wonderful Company, Strong Foundational Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time

Pros

-You are empowered to be you. It is the reason you were hired, and it will be the reason you succeed. -As a former athlete, I value performance, accountability and feedback. You will be surrounded by this at WWEX. This company is foundation-ally built upon you succeeding long - term. In a world filled with instantaneous access and transactional relationships you will become a master of the lost art of long term relationship building with your clients. -The training is world-class and will help you become a more effective human in every facet of your life if you choose to apply it. -Your job is to help people. That is the most gratifying thing in the world. If you are honest in your efforts here, the sales will follow that. (and so will the money!) -While many say you "arent capped" on your income, WWEX means it. The baseline metrics for your first year aren't fluffed, and are attainable. -WWEX promotes from within, recognizes talent and allows you to dictate your path. If you are happy making 6 figures as a Major Account Executive, then you can be considered successful among your peers for the rest of your career. If you desire leadership, WWEX will happily help you achieve that as well. -DONT OVERLOOK THIS: You are a human first. Not an employee or a producer or a stat line. These things are important obviously, but not as important as the family you will gain along the way. If you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself as a team, embrace the non traditional interview process. Embrace the non traditional methods. Then you can embrace the non traditional Sales commissions, Vacations, and other things you will be rewarded with along the way.

Cons

-This is a real career, but it has its ups and downs like anything else. If not managed appropriately the short term hurdles can stop you from your long term success. It takes a STRONG mental mindset. -If you are not a self starter, this is probably not for you. While there are countless resources to help you succeed, you have to want it. There is no hand holding. If your manager sees the effort, you will not fail. While I dont view this as A con, some will view some of the traditional methods here to be too much outside of their comfort zone. If you arent comfortable talking with strangers then this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Our culture is our secret sauce and the reason we are going to be a 5 billion dollar company as we move into the roaring 20s! Dont lose sight of that and we wont lose sight of being the best in the industry!

Worldwide Express2020-01-02
  5. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Freight Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive Work Environment, Great Culture, Attentive Higher Ups

Cons

Training process needs work, but I've been told it's being reviewed and revised and I've already seen improvement with those hired after me

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I love that you listen to the employees and value our input. If there's an issue, you fix it as soon as it's possible.

Worldwide Express2019-12-09

"Be cautious!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young co workers, relax environment, fully stocked kitchen

Cons

Management - it starts from the top down and when you don’t have a manager that’s done the job their managing it makes it difficult for them to understand what’s going on. Stress- this is a very high stress job and if you don’t preform you will get fired! You are just another number so they don’t care about you or your well being just your numbers.

Advice to Management

Train and promote your management properly. Stop making sales reps come into the office at 8am and then make them cut their day short by making them come back to the office until 530pm! That’s already overtime which is illegal for you not to pay! Be careful when putting in a “2 week notice” if you’re in sales they will tell you not to come back and also not pay you for two weeks, which is also illegal. Also watch out they will change your comp plan and when you get paid out at any given time! So you may not get paid commissions you may. Oh and even though I was a sales rep I also became an account manager (even though they have those but they make them also sell because they only care about profit) you’ll also become a collections person (even though they have a team for that as well but they don’t step in until it’s too late) you’ll also become the pricing team (which they have!) and do your own pricing which takes a lot of time from your day in the field but you’ll also get questioned if you’re in the office working on stuff vs being out in the field! I could go on for days the changes that need to be done from a sales standpoint. Be careful when accepting a job here. Is it worth it?!

Worldwide Express2020-01-08
  7. "Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool atmosphere Leadership wants you to succeed Plenty of training and other employees are a great resource Car allowance built into salary

Cons

100% need to build your own book of business from the start very much a cold call / door to door sales atmosphere not the position for you if you're afraid to be pushy have to be ok with the "daily grind"

Advice to Management

Be open to different sales styles based on employees strengths Even though management knows exactly what may be an opportunity, let new associates learn on their own and make their own mistakes once in a while. Don't give up on an employee that has the drive to want to be successful just because the numbers are not being hit right off the bat.

Worldwide Express2019-12-10
  8. "Really great company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is great to work for. Coworkers and higher ups and generally cheerful! Company perks are high as well, such a Christmas parties, lax break times, etc.

Cons

Could be better opportunities for growth, & higher salaries

Worldwide Express2019-11-25
  9. "Great Company & Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is competitive & fun, a ton of opportunity for career growth, solid benefits

Cons

Tough industry for beginners and there's a learning curve,

Advice to Management

continue listening!

Worldwide Express2019-11-19
  10. "Best Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is unmatched, management is here to ensure you succeed and they do everything they can to make that happen.

Cons

Work/life balance is not the best but that happens in sales. If you have something come up they do work with you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, Blake is an amazing lead and leads from the front. Need more hands on like him!

Worldwide Express2019-11-06