Worldwide Express Reviews

Updated 14 Aug 2020

4.1
Worldwide Express CEO Tom Madine
Tom Madine
Pros
  • "WWEX had a solid training program that has helped me develop my sales career(in 38 reviews)

• "This is a fantastic career for any person who wants a fast paced, work hard/play hard environment(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company(in 31 reviews)

• "Just really hard work cold calling in the AZ heat(in 22 reviews)

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time

Pros

good money, good bonuses and commission and great team

Cons

cold calling and can be a lot of driving

2. "Worldwide Express"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

great training and fun culture

Cons

lots of turnover and changes, poor territory management

Continue reading

3. "Best Leadership I've ever seen"

4.0

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leadership, perks, swag, flexible, understanding, great technology and amazing culture

Cons

Slow pay ramp-up is the biggest.

4. "Limited Growth"

2.0
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Place to start your career. You will learn a lot about sales and the industry is very easy to learn.

Cons

I have been here for 5 years and there is no room for growth. This is not a destination job. get your experience and get out.

5. COVID-19

"Solid entry level sales job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great for highly driven people with good people skills.

Cons

Horrible place to work after covid.

6. "NO GROWTH FOR WOMEN"

1.0
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training and Development: Consistent trips to Dallas, TX to continue learning the sales process. Very hard core and micromanagement. Short work days: Ability to leave the office early and finish the day at home

Cons

NO GROWTH: They promise you the world but never follow through. Advised that if I work with new reps and run meetings with them, I would be promoted to a management role. I was able to work with newer employees, put my book of business on hold, and close accounts FOR THEM. I received no commission on those and then was told that I need to grow my book before the promotion...It's all a game to the managers WOMEN PROMOTIONS: There are only 2 managers and ZERO directors in the company that are women. It's a boys club and they really don't have any motivation to promote women, even if your numbers are there. Comment made to me "now is not the time to be emotional" - after I reported that my commission was not fully paid to me and I was missing money from my check. CHICAGO MANAGEMENT: This used to be a pro when I originally started, but it has gone downhill in the past year. One of the managers goes home at 10am and shows no support for their reps. Instead of focusing on helping their reps, they take the easy way out and say the rep isn't cut for the role.

7. "Revolving door"

2.0
    Former Employee - Freight Operations Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large team, workload is distributed widely

Cons

-Sales reps need more knowledge of what they're selling -Revolving door -This is a call center job with little room for learning new things

Worldwide Express Response

August 6, 2020Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, like you, we love the collaborative team environment we have where a heavy workload gets distributed evenly across the team! We’re true believers in “Teamwork makes the dream work” and “Never stop growing”. For candidates, yourself included, we provide a “Day in the Life” during which they come onsite to shadow existing employees and see what the role is before accepting an offer. During an employee’s tenure, training is a big focus so after listening to our employee's feedback, we recently enhanced our training modules for both sales and non-sales employees across the organization. This is one of many investments we make in our employees to drive retention. Additionally, of note, Worldwide Express has received the “Best Places to Work” award multiple years in a row, in multiple markets, and will continue to strive for excellence! Thank you again for your time and we wish you the best in your next endeavor.

8. "WWE"

Current Employee - Carrier Payments Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a multicultural office and you get to wear jeans.

Cons

I have not seen any as of yet.

9. COVID-19

"Wonderful onboarding experience amidst a challenging COVID-19 environment."

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worldwide Express does an excellent job at acclimating new employees to their company culture, as well as provide an abundance of resources to learn about the shipping industry. I've been very satisfied with the work/life balance, guided training programs and continuous feedback received during my first few months of employment.

Cons

None that I've experienced so far.

10. "Be careful"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very easy job, and good if you like the same thing each day.

Cons

Fake work environment, management gossip of subordinates, no room for growth, call center

Worldwide Express Response

August 6, 2020Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Worldwide Express' Management is laser-focused on providing a phenomenal work environment for our employees while offering our clients best-in-class service. Most positions at Worldwide Express have a dedicated career path laid out for our employees. If you excel at Worldwide Express you will be rewarded. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Found 493 reviews