Workhuman Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

Found 7 of over 235 reviews

4.0
Workhuman CEO Eric Mosley
Eric Mosley
Pros
  • "It's very diverse and promotes a healthy work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "Workhuman offers a truly human workplace where you can bring your whole self to your role(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It can be a little fast paced and immature in some ways of working(in 13 reviews)

• "A few departments had communication issues and some growing pains, but they will overcome(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Truly Great Place to work

Nov 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clear positive intent of management even when it doesn't always go to plan Amazing mission and vision Great value system Great recognition programme Can make mistakes and learn without fear of job loss Really invested in building and working environment for staff

Cons

Usual growing pains of a middle to large expanding company Career Development opportunities without ceilings Generally very few cons

1 person found this review helpful

Workhuman Response

Human Resource Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you feel Globoforce is a Great Place to Work and we agree! We place huge importance and value on our people and always want to ensure they feel like an important contributor of the team be that through our recognition platform, empowering people to do their jobs, even if mistakes are made or with our newly designed office space. As we grow we will continue to do this as well as put more focus on supporting our people to grow and develop their careers with us here in Globoforce.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, strong business model and future

Dec 9, 2020 - Manager in Framingham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers and collaboration. Felt good working for a company that was doing something positive in the world.

Cons

A few departments had communication issues and some growing pains, but they will overcome. Nothing to be too concerned about.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Exceptional Product and Humans!

Jul 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workhuman is truly a company that stands behind what they sell. For a company that's all about the power of Gratitude, you find this in every interaction and experience. The HR team is unlike any other - they put people #1 and always do what's right for the talent and business. They're approachable and are so knowledgeable on their own products and aligned with what the sales team go out and sell in the HR market. If you're looking for a company that you can stick behind, want a manager that will coach you, grow your career, have your voice heard, and have an HR team that will have your back and be a true partner for you, then Workhuman is THE company to be a part of.

Cons

No cons. The company is going through fast growth and the future is so bright. The company is going through growing pains, but that's completely expected and natural as the company grows to over 1,000 employees globally.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing, great opportunities ahead

Jul 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my perspective, Workhuman is a company that is growing and with that comes a lot of opportunity. For some people, the growth and change, and sometimes uncertainty, is not their cup of tea, but for me and many others, this is the perfect place t to be. If you want to be part of something that is progressive and has unlimited potential, join us. There are always new projects to work on and opportunities to get involved and develop by taking on things a bit outside your job description. The types of things you work on, you won't have the same challenges or opportunities at other places. What's being done here is truly unique.

Cons

No place is perfect, but the growing pains some have referenced in other reviews, well, I'd take them any day over a boring company where every day my job was the same. Growth = change = opportunity. You either work well in this type of environment or this may not be the right employer for you (and that's ok too!).

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good and Bad reviews are valid

Apr 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility/work from home. There are some managers that are actually qualified to be managers and are great. Most of the people hired are kind and go above and beyond to help others when needed.

Cons

Pretty much the entire marketing department is a mess, wouldn't recommend it. 3 heads of marketing in the last 3 years, unqualified management, mass exodus every spring after the annual conference. The reviews mentioning unqualified management especially at the dir level is very true, but it is a generalization. HR team sweeping things under the rug, also true. Not sure that the cons here are any worse than at other organizations, but they are all due to growing pains. The quality of hire 7 years ago was way below where the company looks for talent today, and being slow to fire hasn't helped sales, marketing or any other department. When I first started, we did have a Workhuman culture. we would get beer and snacks to celebrate a company win, and all enjoy them together at 3pm on a thursday, for example. Now, its seems like its all for instagram. The company appears to spend so much money and resources on celebrating Oreo day, bring my kid to work day, arbor day,.... if there's a day, we funnel money into it and make sure its captured on our instagram page. But then you have managers that aren't trained and talent that isn't performing? It seems backwards and superficial, and a ploy to look very cool and attract talent. Overall, i would recommend working here except in the marketing department.

13 people found this review helpful

Workhuman Response

Senior Recruiter

Workhuman is a fast-growing company and with that comes inevitable change over time. We are committed to offering learning opportunities and resources for all so each employee has the chance to develop in their career here. We also take pride in our culture and host many employee events as a way of bringing everyone together as a community to have some fun, celebrate, and connect. It’s important to take time to do this and we’ve received feedback from employees that they really enjoy these opportunities to get together.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Genuinely Happy at Work

Mar 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong sense of community - Career growth & development is heavily supported - Flexible, comfortable atmosphere - Very sincere HR group; they listen and take action - Diversity & Inclusion is acknowledged - I believe this company is overall extremely fair

Cons

- Unfortunately favoritism/"loud voices" exist - Open concept office is definitely difficult but the ability to work from home or book a room helps - Growing pains; not terrible but you must keep up with the new pace of things here

7. 5.0

Practicing what they preach

Mar 22, 2011 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Invested in their employees growth Great work life balance Strong benefits package Truly believe in recognition of employees hard work

Cons

Going through some growing pains but coming out on the other side quickly Sometimes the growth and changes happen so quickly they forget to communicate to the company

5 people found this review helpful