Workday Senior Software Engineer Reviews

Aneel Bhusri, Chano Fernandez
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unbelievable Work Environment

Sep 22, 2021 - Senior Associate Software Applications Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from everyone on my team. Since you learn Workday's proprietary languages (XO and YP) everyone on your team can help you and understand what it's like having to learn it. I thought it was going to be another "fake" American tech giant company, but I really feel like everyone here is happy and genuine. My first day I was set up completely without any issues gaining access to anything. Meetings are only held when it makes sense, and we use our videos so you actually see the people you are working with. You get meaningful messages and gifts from the company (extra days off, food & sweets, high quality backpacks, tech equipment, gym memberships, events..) I'll honestly never leave.

Cons

XO and YP are Workday's proprietary languages and if you plan on jumping ship in the future without having kept up to date on the other languages you know, you may feel lacking in experience. But they make it very clear to you what you're signing up for.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good culture but no remote work

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, good people, some interesting projects.

Cons

Company has lost its way with it's approach to remote working. Leaders aren't listening to the market or current employees.

10 people found this review helpful