Workday Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 8 Nov 2019

5.0
Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

"Great Product but Culture Has Tanked"

Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Workday for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great Product, Leader in HCM/Payroll. Financials is getting better. -CEO is solid and a genuinely good guy -Free snacks and drinks

Cons

-Politics are overwhelming employees -Many Leaders using fear-based management style -Micro-management is becoming the norm -Sales goals are high and unattainable

Advice to Management

I'm not sure the culture can recover considering where it is today. Get back to treating employees like valued human beings not an employee number.

Workday2017-02-17

"Corporate Sales Development"

I have been working at Workday

Pros

- Opportunity to be part of an excellent, growing organization - Highly collaborative team environment - If you are a great teammate, your work/life balance will be very easy to manage

Cons

I cannot think of a con.

Workday2016-08-07
  3. "CSD"

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Rapidly growing tech company with a great product and great culture.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Workday2016-03-14

"CSD"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you hit your numbers you will not be micromanaged. You have to earn the trust from your manager to work your own schedule. If you work hard you will be taken care of.

Cons

Some managers can micromanage... just the luck of the draw.

Workday2016-01-23

"CSD"

Corporate Sales Development in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday for more than a year

Pros

Great company which takes good care of it's employees.

Cons

No career path in place for CSD organization. Pay isn't great.

Workday2015-12-17

"Hostile toward sales"

Sales in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Mostly satisfied customers. Some very smart people. Thorough training.

Cons

Arrogance of management who think their product should sell itself. Leads to hostile work environment towards sales reps. Very high turnover. Mores reps walking out the back than coming in the front. Treat seasoned reps like college new hires. It's all Oracle. Fresh ideas and approaches to deals are not encouraged. Very low percentage of reps make club because the territories are microscopic.

Advice to Management

GFU.

Workday2015-12-20

"Sales Ops - shocked at the negative reviews!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

The recent vicious reviews of sales ops are totally shocking, and untrue in my opinion, even though I have not been here that long! I was brought in after 3 rounds of interviews - recruiter said culture fit is important to this team. In my interview, I asked “what are you looking for?” I was told “team player attitude, detail conscious, collaborative, and humble”. Most of the team has shown exactly these... qualities so far. The work is fast paced, and intense, and mgmt has high expectations of everyone - "be proud of the work you send out". The team’s involvement in deal strategy & contract redlines goes a lot beyond an average deal desk job, and it’s rewarding to see YOUR deal come in, and be included in the company-wide “win” email. Management does a lot to recognize good performance – emails, MVP awards at quarterly team meetings, “Outstanding Contributor” and “Workday Hero” awards. 1-2 people from the team have been going to Sales Club each year. At my previous company, NOBODY from the deal desk got to go, E-V-E-R! There is no lack of helping hands, and the team is constantly encouraged to learn from the managers, experienced team members, detailed published guides. Weekly meetings frequently have guest speakers from other groups, which is always a great learning experience. Every level in this team mingles freely with each other, and upper management is down-to-earth and friendly, not at all “abusive and abrasive”!! Feedback is taken and implemented quickly – if there’s something that’s not working, there is openness to changing it.

Cons

Pay is quite a bit under what Silicon Valley companies will pay for similar work. Great option for those living in the area, but everyone realizes that there is some trade-off in terms of salary. The culture in this team is clearly to promote from within, but there are not enough leadership positions to be promoted to! If you really want to explore another group within the company, management will help you (which... is a relief, because managers at my previous company did not behave like that), but if you want to stay in the team and move up, the path is not clear.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, but communicate career paths better, so that employees stay motivated. Most of us want to stay here in this team long term, and don't want to have to move somewhere else in order to move up.

Workday2015-10-03

"Corporate Sales Development"

Former Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Workday was an amazing company to work for. They took care of me as an employee and gave me my first opportunity in the software industry. For this I am immensely grateful. The culture was truly a famlly. I was one of the first 1k employees and must say it felt like a family reunion every time I came to work. The quarterly company meetings, annual company picnic and bring you dog, kids, etc to work days made work... fun and motivated you to do good for the greater good of the team.

Cons

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO MOVE UP IN YOUR SALES CAREER DONT COME HERE! Let me explain. If you are just starting off in Software sales and are looking for a robust training and development program that will give you the fundamentals to move up in your career, this is not the place. The Workday recruiters will sell you on the idea that they have a program in place and that many CSDs have moved on to promising careers... insde the company. Athough, this is somewhat true it is not the complete story. About 80% of CSDs leave the company to different organisations. Less than 10% get promoted to other teams and the other 10% stay in the CSD org as managers. The people that leave aren't incompetent but rather complete furstrated with the inability to move into a proper sales role. If you do decide to take the role be aware that it is incredibly hard to move out of this team and most of the jobs offered to you, if you are selected to move are NOT in sales (Pre-sales, low level consulting, operations, etc) I would be giving Workday a complement if I said this is one of the worst sales training programs out there because the fact of the matter is the sales training program is non-existent. If you are an ambitious young graduate who is serious about a career in tech sales don't come here. There are many organisations that have the tools in place to develop and mentor you. Look at SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, Zuora. These organisations have the tools in place to build your career in sales. Don't make the mistake I did and take a role as a CSD at Workday.

Advice to Management

Please deliver on your promise of creating a sales training academy for CSDs. This has been an ask since before the IPO but nothing at all has changed.

Workday2015-09-11
  9. "Corporate Sales Development"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part is the enviroment

Cons

They don't pay as high as many competitors

Workday2015-09-17

"Regional Sales Manager"

Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great Vision, Great Products, Happy Customers, Inclusive Culture What more could you want as as Sales Exec?

Cons

None really (you could make CRM easier!)

Advice to Management

Keep going and don't get complacent.

Workday2015-09-23