Wizeline Employee Reviews about "growing very fast"

Updated Oct 12, 2020

Found 19 of over 415 reviews

4.7
Wizeline Founder & CEO Bismarck Lepe (no image)
Bismarck Lepe
Pros
  • "Amazing work-life balance, amazing growth, amazing work environment(in 19 reviews)

• "You will find here a lot of talented people with a great culture and a company that helps you grow as much as you want(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Wizeline is growing very fast so you have to be able to adapt to the changes(in 19 reviews)

• "The company is growing very fast and there is a lot of change(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing very fast"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunities for your growth

Oct 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

After being with Wizeline for about 5 years, Wizeline now is not just the name of my employer but a part of my life. Wizeline has overcome so many challenges in the past few years. From the bottom of my heart, I am so proud of the achievement of Wizeline today. It is the first time I see how a single company can change a city in such a positive way. Wizeline did not only brought lots of capital, investors, talents, and opportunities in general to Guadalajara but also Wizeline showed the students from Guadalajara a totally different future. I tell my friends that if one day I choose to go back to my hometown, it is because I wish to bring what Bismarck brought to Guadalajara to my hometown.  To be honest, I have had a really tough time in the first few years for various reasons. But there are reasons why I stayed there for close to 5 years.   * Opportunities (Please take this pro from different dimensions)  - Industry: Wizeline has clients from all different industries, which means it opens the opportunities from all those industries. For example, I would never learn so much about the logistics industry if not for working for a great client at Wizeline. The software consultant industry is huge and keeps growing fast. Especially, during the pandemic, many companies have to digitalize their businesses in order to survive, which means more and more diverse opportunities.  - Carrer: We hired over 200 new Wizeliners during the past 12 months and we will grow even faster in the next 12 months. With these many new Wizeliners, more leaders will be needed. If you are the one who owns your growth, you will find a great fit for you at Wizeline.  - Technologies: As I mentioned above, Wizeline has clients from all different industries, which means you have the opportunities to work on different kinds of technologies.  * Transparency: throughout my journey at Wizeline, Wizeline has been very transparent during the good and tough times. I think that is where my security from about the company.  * Access to anyone: I always feel encouraged to talk to anyone I like to in the company, especially the CEO. I bugged him three times during the past three weeks for different reasons and the 1:1s were scheduled just one or two days after I reached out. You will not feel anyone is too far to reach out for a conversation :)

Cons

* There are over 800 Wizeliners but Wizeline is still a startup, growing fast. So you will realize a lot of growing pain. The management team is trying to figure out processes on the way. Depends on your perspective, it can be viewed as a chaotic situation or opportunity.  * Wizeline's clients are from all different industries as I mentioned before but it does not mean you can always pick which clients you work for. So you may have to work on some project that is not 100% aligned with your passion. We are aware of these situations, so certain processes are actually in place to help. For example, we have the processes for engineers to rotate their projects after a certain period of time.  * Manager to reports ratio: Wizeline engineering team grows really fast and we do not have enough managers yet. So you may feel disconnected from your managers sometimes if you do not proactively reach out. But again, it can be chaos or a sign of opportunities depends on your view.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 26, 2020 - Technical Writer in Zapopan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Empowering people to grow in their careers. It is a great place to challenge yourself, and to feel the full engineering environment with all its perks.

Cons

Growing so fast that it seems difficult to maintain the culture.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome workplace

Sep 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, they take care of you

Cons

It is growing fast and with that new changes came, but so far they have been doing it well

4. 5.0

Career Advancement Opportunity Abounds

Jun 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture. Room for growth. I have been at Wizeline for a few years and I was at a point in my career, where I did not see the trajectory that I wanted. Having sat down with HR, I found that I could learn a new skillset and re-invent myself (all while being paid!) I was given the encouragement to move in a new direction and now I am part of a new team and I have the direction and the skills that will only benefit me. Incredible to be able to do this while on the job. Great supportive environment

Cons

The company is growing very fast and there is a lot of change. I would not say that this is a negative, but this is not the kind of job that one can just sit and work the status quo and then leave when the "factory bell" rings. With growth comes change and change is sometimes uncomfortable.

5. 5.0

An awesome workplace!

Jun 4, 2019 - Office Manager in Ciudad de Mexico
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Wizeline for more than 2 years, and I can say that it's the 1st time in my professional life that I genuinely feel happy and accomplished. At Wizeline I make a difference, my opinion matters. For the first time in my life I have an amazing Work/Life balance. Compensations and benefits are superior than the ones I had in my previous jobs. I love the flexibility Wizeline offers to all of us.

Cons

Wizeline is growing very fast so you have to be able to adapt to the changes.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work if you have the drive, passion, and commitment.

Dec 18, 2018 - Software Engineering Manager in Zapopan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to grow and learn. You get to work with really talented peoples. Great place to make things happen because of the empowerment.

Cons

Growing very fast which presents a challenge when trying to achieve company goals.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place, still needs to improve

Feb 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that cares about people. Great opportunities to develop your career. Openess to new challenges. Open Communication.

Cons

Lack of Senior Engineers and many Jr Engineers. Growing Fast, operation lacks of processes.

8. 5.0

A good place to work

Feb 4, 2018 - Software Engineer in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco
      Business Outlook

Pros

it has the google ideology and it's very exciting to work with very important brands around the world besides to have very good benefits.

Cons

it's growing very fast and the culture that they want to promove is disappearing

9. 5.0

A startup in GDL!

Nov 19, 2017 - People Manager in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent benefits (having breakfast, lunch, and dinner is great!) - Transparency at all levels - Work environment (teamwork, openness, sharing, caring, flexibility) - Having the opportunity to work on cool technologies with really talented people - Exposure clients that have a global reach across different industries - Opportunities for engagement with industry leaders and local community

Cons

As a fast-growing company, we need to keep working on many fronts to ensure growth happens at all levels.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing fast-growing company!

Jul 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Executive staff is open and available for anyone. - Great company value. - Excelente opportunity to work with amazingly talented people. - Great benefits. - Awesome environment and challenges for anyone looking to step outside of their comfort zone.

Cons

The company is growing fast, so a lot of things could change from one moment to another. But again, with change comes opportunity.

2 people found this review helpful