Wells Fargo "sales goals" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated 17 Jan 2020

3.6
Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf
Charlie Scharf
Cons

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Teller in Fort Wayne, IN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits, company cares about its employees. Shortly after I left their minimum pay was $15 an hour. Place a high emphasis on employee development and plenty of opportunities to grow. Overall runs like a well oiled machine

Cons

Company at the time got carried away by sales goals and hurt morale at the company

Advice to Management

No more sales goals!

Wells Fargo2020-01-17
  2. "Working as an Associate Banker at Wells Fargo"

Current Employee - Associate Banker in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, is a great working environment

Cons

Aggressive sales goals, management can be shady

Wells Fargo2020-01-02
  3. "Rife with corruption"

Former Employee - Loan Originator in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good co-workers and lots of job openings throughout different departments.

Cons

Management ranged from mediocre to malicious to well-meaning but broken by the corruption and frantic push to meet unsustainable sales goals at any cost. High stress placed on employees including pressure to act unethically.

Wells Fargo2020-01-14
  4. "Great!"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only banking job I know of without sales goals

Cons

I'm a smart, diligent, hard worker and its still difficult to get past PB1. After PB1, they rarely promot

Wells Fargo2019-12-17
  5. "Okay place to work for"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Rochester, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get good resources and support to do the job.

Cons

Dealing with angry customers and high sales goals. This has changed in the past years after Wells Fargo dropped the high sales goals.

Advice to Management

Make the personal banker a banker not a salesman

Wells Fargo2019-12-13
  6. "Changes have been fantastic"

Current Employee - Retirement Plan Specialist in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers are trained to help you succeed and develop a career path and help set you up to exceed. There are many training platforms that you can take if you wish. You can job shadow in a different dept. to see if its what you really want to apply for. There are no longer any sales goals. They are rated by reviews and putting the customer first. It is a very customer sentric company now. In the retirement center they were fantastic, understanding of any learning curve new associates have. You are helped by teammates as well as management. The amount of time my manager spent with me was shocking compared to other companies. You actually looked forward to them stopping by instead of dreading it. You are not yelled at for a mistake at all. I Love this company. I only left because my boyfriends father got leukemia in Arizona. I can reapply and come back, but I am moving. Their benefits are spectacular. in addition to your PTO they also provide you with 2 additional days to use on personal holidays for those of us that celebrate other holidays, you also get 2 more days to use for volunteering (can even be to supervise a school trip with your kid!). You also can use your PTO whenever you want, it does not have to accrue (Unless you quit and have used more than you have technically earned, then you have to pay back what the difference is, obviously.) I can't say enough good about Wells. I was Anti-Wells and pissed at them for a long while. They have really turned around!

Cons

FMLA with any company only covers blood relatives or official in-laws. The data entry dept is still (personnel mentality wise) is still stuck in the dark ages. They yell at you, you are not allowed to talk, very goal oriented and if you meet your daily goal early in the day, you are automatically handed more work and then made to stay late. I do not suggest Data entry at all for wells fargo. I loved the work, but the team in that area alone was torture. I barely made it a year (you have to stay a year before you can transfer out of the department).

Advice to Management

I think somebody should go into work in data entry for 2-3 months and watch the team and how they operate. Literally takes that long for them to show their true colors and see their favortism. Otherwise, continue the great work on developing the team across the nation in all the positions! Being a teller was great, Retirement specialist was amazing despite being on the phones all day, haha.

Wells Fargo2019-11-30
  7. "Excellent Benefits but..."

Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing Employee Benefits, great pay, no more actual sales goals

Cons

Still micro manage your conversations with customers, depending on management awful work life balance

Advice to Management

Be more empathetic of your teams needs and what they can and cant do

Wells Fargo2019-11-19
  8. "Overall Good Company"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Logan, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, PTO, work flexibility, opportunities to get promoted if you desire to be in banking

Cons

Lack of transparency in transition from sales to non sales model, can't "sell" financial products anymore yet still need to talk about products regularly in a very similar fashion to when sales goals were in place without the commissions

Wells Fargo2019-11-13
  9. "Pretty good for a teller job"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting pay is higher than min wage for entry level teller position. Wells is a lot more lax than other banks- there's not sales goals or pressure to meet numbers. (ever since the news a few years back, theyre all about being ethical and what's right for the customer.) The company is overall pretty inclusive and diverse They are all about your next career step and how to get you there, and promoting within

Cons

Judged on how you talk to people, you're always being watched and your manager has to do "observations" on your interactions. There's not a pressure to sell but there is a relaxed goal to get customers to sit with bankers if there is a need for it Being a teller is like being a cashier and there's not really much to do other than take transactions which gets boring

Wells Fargo2019-11-12
  10. "Personal Banker"

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No "official" sales goals. Decent pay and benefits. Good database with product information along with a "back office" that can give you extra information regarding certain situations. Bonuses are mainly determined by customer service reviews. Overall great job if your coworkers and management are as dedicated to the job as you are.

Cons

Can be overwhelming at times due to specific customer situations. Quarterly/weekly meetings can become redundant. If management is bad and unwilling to improve behavior, it can create a toxic work environment.

Advice to Management

If you've been in the company for over 5+ years, learn to adapt to the new way of things. Be humble and listen to both bankers and tellers when they have ideas to improve branch/sales efficiency.

Wells Fargo2019-10-29