Walt Disney Company "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated 23 Dec 2019

3.9
Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger
Bob Iger
2,254 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes you get very long hours(in 257 reviews)

• "Salary not high for full time employees(in 142 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Advantageous for Career Growth, Even if Your Role is Temporary"

Current Contractor - Digital Media Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company for more than a year

Pros

- It's great to have the industry leader on your resume - Remote work is part of the culture - Comfortable facilities - Good tools and capable co-workers - Culture is very positive and professional

Cons

- There are very few opportunities to become a full-time employee, because most of the workers the company "hires" are contingent (e.g., project hires, contractors, consultants or 3rd party vendors) - There is a noticeable cultural hierarchy between the different types of workers - Often a slow pace working environment with a lot of people abusing "working" from home and sick days

Walt Disney Company2019-12-23
  2. "Magical experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Singapore

I worked at Walt Disney Company for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, love the perks and happy to work everyday

Cons

Salary not high for full time employees

Walt Disney Company2019-11-18
  3. "Great experience, more analytics than coding"

Current Intern - Web Designer and Data Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company for less than a year

Pros

-great pay -great team -great environment -the managers are very supportive

Cons

-full time only -not super web dev, a lot more analytics

Advice to Management

Management is great, very understanding, very friendly, however there are too many hoops to jump through to get an intern involved in tackling bugs etc

Walt Disney Company2019-10-22
  4. "Nice company to work"

Current Contractor - QA Engineer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance. Career growth

Cons

18 months contract . No full time conversion

Walt Disney Company2019-09-10
  5. "Avoid"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy work that requires no thought

Cons

Run and run far.. no upper advancement, crappy hours, 30 hours is full time

Walt Disney Company2019-10-11
  6. "Great place and environment to work"

Former Intern - Programmer Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company for less than a year

Pros

Always had something to do

Cons

Low chance of moving to full time

Walt Disney Company2019-09-17
  7. "Fantastic experience"

Former Employee - Cast Member

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible company to work for, training was exceptional and the perks are fantastic

Cons

many full time workers have concerns with being paid minimum wage

Walt Disney Company2019-08-27
  8. "Disney Interactive: a startup within a juggernaut is a weird lane to live in"

Former Intern - Video Operations Intern

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

- Everyone is open to having coffee/1:1s with interns. Take advantage of that access! - I did real work that I could point to and show - Several intern networking events like getting to go to Disneyland after hours - Lots of on-campus events like weekly lunches and mini celebrations for big movie releases - Free snacks and drinks. Saved a lot of money not having to buy my own fruit and protein bars.

Cons

- My department was highly bureaucratic and, at times, cutthroat. The interns were shielded from that, but it's weird watching a bunch of "big shots" take big shots at each other to get ahead - They gave me way more responsibility than any intern should have. I was making important business decisions that were definitely not mine to make because my supervisor didn't know how to do their job, let alone knew anything about what I was doing. It worked out for me, but I'm putting this in the Con category because leadership really shouldn't be relying on interns to do mid-manager level work. - They made the interns do this huge group project as we were nearing the end of our contract. Many of us believed it would be the only chance we had to get hired full time. We busted our butts and were all let go. Then leadership took our project and turned a profit from it and didn't credit us. So there's that...

Advice to Management

Maybe stop chasing trends and titles long enough to cultivate the strong talent you're supervising

Walt Disney Company2019-08-23
  9. "The role as a Bus Driver at the parks at Walt Disney World"

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work, once you get the hang of it. A somewhat helpful union. Gain experience handling customers (called "guests", at WDW). A number of free admissions to the parks for friends and family, where that is usually the number one reason to work there. Bus drivers also get paid half way decently, as hourly jobs go at WDW, more than other roles, such as being a security guard. The Bus driver position is also about the easiest job at WDW (once you get the hang of it), and it is the easiest job to get too!!!

Cons

One works late hours in the the part time position. Full time can be booked 6 days a week. It is very hard, almost impossible to get a day off, unless you trade or give away your shift, which oftentimes with a little effort isn't too difficult to do. Some managers are are "by the book" and will scare you by being pulled in if a customer (a "guest" at Disney) complains about you. However, the Union does a half way decent job of protecting you, so do sign up for the Union if you decide to work there! If you have good people skills, you should be okay, and is a cinch. If you don't, don't worry, you will develop these in time. Another big hassle is their new 5 minute clock in, clock out time constraint with their point system. That can take some getting used to, if you haven't worked in that kind of environment. You get half a point for being even just a little outside that 5 minute window, and you cannot get more than 3 points every 3 months, or you get a reprimand. I think you can only get 2 reprimands, and on the 3rd, they let you go. You also do not want to have a "signal 4", which is running into something. You can only have 2 of those, and on the 3rd, they let you go.

Advice to Management

Golly, can you be more considerate by not sending out bus drivers so close to their time to clock out, so you have to go through all the terrible hassle to avoid getting a half point?

Walt Disney Company2019-08-23
  10. "Management Abuses Power"

Former Intern - Disney College Program in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company for less than a year

Pros

Free admission to parks, access to cast member events in parks, small discounts on merchandise

Cons

Awful management in food service - most "leaders" do not even have a clue as to how to manage their cast members. Being a CP is difficult enough with this, but being a full time cast member looks worse. Pay is low enough that food is difficult to purchase, along with rent and car payments, PLUS 10-12 hour shifts. The college program is said to benefit everyone because it "looks good" to work for Disney, but the company itself does not even help you with career resources, unless of course you want to just remain a park worker for 10 years.

Advice to Management

RESPECT your cast members more than you do now! You were one once before, you should understand what it's like to barely afford food and rent money.

Walt Disney Company2019-09-12