Wallace Myers International Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very progressive company with an excellent culture

Cons

None really, very open to feedback from staff to make improvements

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and ignore the online trolls!

2. "Wallace Myers International"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and amazing team.

Cons

None at this point

"Great Place to work in!"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive Team
    Good benefits
    Inclusive and diverse
    Open to new ideas and suggestions
    Growth potential
    Convenient location

Cons

No cons to mention here

4. "WMI"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Wallace Myers International full-time

Pros

Decent culture among most of the staff. The progression structure is appealing to people coming in and if you're the right person who bills the right amount it can be very rewarding and lucrative. Benefits are better than most other agencies once you hit the right level, but that's because most other agencies don't really give any benefits. MD is a great recruiter and salesman.

Overall would recommend, a lot to be learned from the MD and one or two senior members of the business.

Cons

Too much responsibility and work being given to unqualified juniors, who are doing the job of a paid recruiter and getting nothing but a promise of a job in 6 months. I think having interns as sourcers and ops staff makes sense, but no intern should be acting as a 360 recruiter or have a revenue target against their name unless they're on the payroll and making commission off it.

No paid-for recruitment tools. Scouring the standard cv databases for old cv's. Need to invest more in senior recruiters and give them the appropriate tools to work with.

"Very welcoming"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am new to recruitment and I must say that all of the staff and management have been extremely helpful and always there to give me some advice when needed.

Management has set a clear path when it comes to progression which is completely in your own hands, the harder you work, the more you get from this.

Commision structure is great and benefits are also great.

Recruitment can be stressful but the staff and my manager have guided me every step of the way and I would highly recommend this company to anyone, considering a career in recruitment or to anyone looking for a change.

Cons

None to report so far

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Thank you for your review. Truly appreciate the feedback.

"Excellent agency to work for - great flexibility and tight-knit culture."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is friends with one another, we rally behind each other to achieve our goals and to be successful. Our work/life balance is ensured with a flexible hours policy and our benefits are also excellent.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Thank you for your review. Truly appreciate the feedback.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, great people, great management, fantastic support staff.

Cons

No Cons to working here.

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Wallace Myers International full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working in WallaceMyers. You are given the opportunity to map your own career and there is a set promotion structure that means promotion is entirely in your own hands! Lovely people to work with!

Cons

Account abilities are just another name for a KPI and sometimes I feel they dont add value.
    I also feel benefits such as pension and healthcare should be included straight from the get go after you complete your probation. I disagree with the unpaid Interns policy.

Advice to Management

Great place to work just continue to develop and enhance the atmosphere around the office.

Thank you for your review. Truly appreciate the feedback.

"All may not be what it seems"

I worked at Wallace Myers International full-time

Pros

There are some fantastic people in the company, and it was a pleasure working with a sometimes underappreciated support team. It was fun at times. It’s well located centrally in the city so accessible for most, and there is an ok client base.

Cons

The owner is a self-serving, spouting that he is all about the business and its people but that’s just a very good sales patter. He has no loyalty to staff and anyone who questions him either goes on performance review or gets ostracised. Those that then leave are vilified as failed recruiters destined to never make it creating an uncomfortable atmosphere and culture of fear. Consultants who have left are often blamed for mistakes the company makes with its clients, used as a scapegoat as opposed to owning their own mistakes. If you’re one of the lucky ones you might also get one of his trademark solicitors letter’s, throw it in the bin, as in his words they are only sent “to scare them” (this is a censored version as you can imagine)

The company claim to have no KPI’s and it’s another major selling point from the owner, as a differentiator and why they’re better than the competition. When in fact they do have KPI’s, they are just called “Accountabilities”. The owner obviously believes that by renaming them his staff won't cop on to the fact that what they’re being asked to do are simply KPI’s by another moniker. It’s a set of recruitment actions that you must complete each week, are then reported on, and discussed with a manager as to why you met (or didn’t meet) said KPI’s, sorry I mean “Accountabilities”. What’s nuts is the MD doesn’t have a login to the recruitment system so doesn’t even know if they have been completed, with most consultants just making them up to appease management.

The owner claims to be still recruiting and it’s another one of his main selling points to prospective employees and clients, but he doesn’t recruit and hasn’t contributed anything to the billings for the last 9 months, another part of his charade.

The unpaid intern’s policy is a joke, to say the least. With honest hard-working people being taken advantage of in the hope that there will be a paid job at the end of a 6-month internship. There is no training provided to the intern, they are set billings targets in line with paid consultants and are expected to do administrative duties for senior billers or teams, never gaining any real recruitment experience.

Progression, progression, progression. You will have the autonomy to build your own desk, are all things that are sold to employees and prospective hires. All nonsense. Promotions are merely a change in titles and nothing more. Staff never receive any training, with professional development seen as a millennial problem of young staff wanting too much.

Mediocracy is also rewarded as there are principal consultants and managers billing less than that of a junior consultant while being praised for doing so.

I am sure if you meet him you will hear the rhetoric first hand, just be wary of a very good salesman who seems to have lost sight himself of what’s real and what’s not.

26 Sep 2018 – Manabign Director

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I’m sure it’s easy to send anonymously, it's never easy reading something like this, particularly when it’s an assault on me personally and the company I have... More

"Wow! Look at those new reviews"

I worked at Wallace Myers International full-time

Pros

Nice location in Dublin 2.

Cons

Wow! No reviews written since September 2017 and then 5 people randomly 'decide' to write a review on the 11th of September 2018. Remarkable! Where's that pinch of salt I left lying around...

I left as I didn't agree with consultants being encouraged by senior management to create and use fake CVs to generate leads from other agencies. Very poor!

12 Sep 2018 – Marketing & Communications Executive

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Our teams, clients and consultants were recently asked to leave their thoughts and feedback on Glassdoor etc hence the recent boost you noticed.

Thank you... More