Wallace Myers International Reviews

Wallace Myers International Managing Director Ken Harbourne
Ken Harbourne
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, very supportive and positive environment.

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Recruiter/Account Manager RPO in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management pushed us to be better, supportive and always thoughtful of our need, personal or professional wise.

Cons

No negatives notes I could thing of yet.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company for Career Recruiters to Reach Their Potential

Sep 2, 2021 - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since joining Wallace Myers, I really believe that I have found a company that I can call home and it's clear to see that I have a clear career outlined that I can build within the company with the full support of management. From Day 1, both the MD and Associate Directors have taken the time to help me build my business within the company, providing me with their full support and advice, while also enabling me to fully take charge of my desk and how I create that within the company. The only thing that they ask in return is that you deliver on what you say you're going to do and to follow within the company values HEART (High expectations, Ethics, Adding value, Relationships, Transparency) all of which are key to building a successful recruitment business/desk, so if this what you want to do, not that hard to deliver on these.

Cons

There are no down sides

3. 5.0

Fantastic Team

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wallace myers really is the best team I have had the pleasure to be a part of. Hands on management, no micro-managing, extremely fair targets and an amazing office atmosphere thanks to the MD keeping everything always upbeat. I have been given numerous opportunities with continuous support from the MD. I always feel valued. Thank you for taking me on as part of a fantastic growing company.

Cons

there is absoloutley none to date

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great company through tough times

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wallace Myers have a great team, with strong experience from top to bottom. It was the sort of environment where you're expected to know what your job is and do it rather than having someone looking over your shoulder all day. With this in mind, there is still strong support in place; the support staff have always been outstanding through my time there, and the Leadership team are happy to share their knowledge. The company adapted reasonably well to the changes brought into place during the pandemic, despite a few teething issues the transition go remote working was good. It was also good to see the company using knowledge gained during this to transition into a more future proofed company.

Cons

Some would find the technology tools required for building a desk to be somewhat underwhelming. This could be particularly of concern to those heavily dependent on a certain corporate recruiter subscription. That being said, a compromise in the middle was found rapidly.

5. 5.0

Positive Environment, Flexible hours, No Micromanagement

Feb 10, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear Expectations Great Commission Structure Autonomy Work life balance Overall its a great environment to work in, supportive management and room for growth.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention; It has been a positive experience for me.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good training ground!

Jun 15, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people, good team environment. Nice location. Flexible hours & good commission structure.

Cons

Can be some push back from senior management but generally open for discussions. Probably walking into a desk with few clients but many good candidates.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee

An evaluation of company approach needed going forward

Apr 25, 2020 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people to work with and a lot to be learned

Cons

You will be starting most likely with an empty desk of clients with a solid data base of candidates (depending on your area)

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Enjoyable Experience

Mar 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working hours - Management are friendly and will always offer advice. - Commission structure is very fair and offers good benefits. - A good way to upskill yourself as a recruiter working with experienced managers.

Cons

- Be slightly more open to how various desks work outside of Industry Finance, F. S etc.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Awful experience

Nov 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some employees there were friendly and made you feel welcome

Cons

No training or support given at the beginning or throughout the role. Objectives were never conveyed and a lot of the time you didn't know what tasks to work on or prioritise. No gratitude or encouragement was ever given by management. If you were loud and a good talker you'd get on OK as long as you made sales, overall it was a very poor experience and knocked confidence.

12 people found this review helpful

Wallace Myers International Response

Marketing & Communications Executive

While you were not with us very long, you left in a very friendly manner without any mention of the above. For the entirety of your time here as a recruiter, you would have attended weekly training on a variety of topics and been given 1-1 advice and support. The objectives could not be clearer and everyone is reminded of those objectives twice weekly at our team meeting and again on a 1-1 basis. What%E2%80%99s disappointing about your comments is that every week of your time here, you would have been asked on a 1-1 basis if there were any concerns and if you were happy in your role. It%E2%80%99s very difficult to address issues if we are not told about them and would like you to have spoken up during your 1-1 or have spoken to one of the team. We are sorry this was such a terrible experience for you and you chose this forum to air you views to the business for the first time. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at enquiries@wallacemyers.ie

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very nice company with decent people

Jul 31, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very focussed culture - Everyone is there to do the best they can Autonomy to build your own desk Very high standards

Cons

Expectations are quite high

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews