Wag Hotels "dogs and cats" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Wag Hotels Employee Reviews about "dogs and cats"

Updated 4 Dec 2019

4.0
Wag Hotels CEO David Appel (no image)
David Appel
Pros
Cons
  • "dogs sometimes poops and pee in the lobby(in 21 reviews)

• "High turnover of lack luster or poor employee’s makes for never ending training(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "dogs and cats"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ok"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

The dogs cats dogs dogs

Cons

Low pay for the amount of tasks you are expected to do, co workers complain and don’t work as a team , very understaffed so you will be doing 3 other ppls jobs for the same pay. High turn over rate so expect to train for the same pay too.

Advice to Management

Raise your wage then you might be able to keep employees

Wag Hotels2019-12-04
  2. "Ehhh It's Okay"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Wag Hotels full-time

Pros

-Dogs and Cats - Co-workers can become friends - You learn how to time manage - You learn to multi-task

Cons

- Overworked - Undestaffed -Pay is low compared to having to bust your behind off more than 8 hours a day - Employees are typically young and whiny - 24 hour business, therefore, your schedule is all over the place including working holidays - Having to deal with rich people's pets - Being a manager is the worst position in the company..Staff hates you and the upper management team hates you even more...

Wag Hotels2019-08-19

"Favorite Job"

Former Employee - ADP Shift Lead in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers Autonomy/Independence Ability to move up if show hard work Dogs and Cats Putting owners at ease their dog is well taken care of Learning about dogs/behavior/nutrition/training EVENTS Charlotte Amber and Nicole are amazing managers to work for, open, caring, empathetic, strong, stern, fair, friendly and fun! Awesome people to work for. GIRL POWER

Cons

turn over rate is high, some coworkers only complain and ruin morale.

Advice to Management

disregard all the flack and gossip and complaints. your employees have no idea how hard you guys are working behind the scenes, 24/7. I deeply admire the passion and dedication.

Wag Hotels2019-03-18

"Great to work with Animals, but extremely mismanaged."

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro is working with awesome animals, if you love dogs and cats.

Cons

Wag is a place that cares more about profit than the actual care of the guests. Current managers are extremely lazy and allow employees to do whatever they want as long as you don't bother them. Managers enjoy spending time in their offices, watching Netflix and not keeping an eye on the facility. Large groups of dogs in rooms with inexperienced employees, which causes a lot of dog fights. Current managers turn a... blind eye on animal neglect/ abuse. Current management plays favorites, which leads to unhappy employees. Employees are barely given training and do not know animal CPR. Management doesn't stay on top of cleanliness, which makes a lot of the guests sick and spread kennel cough. I used to work and love the SF location before the management change.

Advice to Management

This is advice for the CEO. Pay attention to your good employees and ask yourself why there is a higher turnover rate than before. Profit isnt everything. Managers, please remember why you're working with animals. Hopefully, you remember the feeling and start taking care and caring for the poor animals.

Wag Hotels2019-03-04

"Everything about this job describes TEMPORARY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros

Dogs, Dogs, Cats, Dogs, Dogs

Cons

Management shows favoritism Management lacks knowledge of their own guests more than half the time Staff is incapable of performing the simplest of tasks Work is not distributed evenly throughout the staff Management has proven on multiple occasions that they don’t care for the pets, only about the money Management is immature and childish when asked questions about the well-being of the guests.

Advice to Management

Grow up

Wag Hotels2018-11-01
  6. "Puppy kisses daily!"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is fair, respectful and organized. You can visit the dogs and cats on your breaks. The doggies make the job fun and interesting. There is always busy work to do so there is never a dull moment.

Cons

Owners are very protective of their fur-babies and are paranoid to boot and can attack you verbally at any moment if you work client services. You will do great, especially if you have previous experience in client services.

Advice to Management

More wag bucks passed out more evenly.

Wag Hotels2018-08-04
  7. "Amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels full-time

Pros

Cats and Dogs Amazing staff Awesome management

Cons

High maintenance clients Web cameras

Advice to Management

This has been a great place for me to work. I've never worked for a company with some many opportunities for the future. Keep up the great work management because you're amazing!

Wag Hotels2018-08-02
  8. "Wonderful employer"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Redwood City, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wag Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Super nice coworkers, clean work environment. All of the cats and dogs make being at work a wonderful wanted to be in environment.

Cons

Nothing yet, just started but so far all is well and I can see that this will be somewhere I can perhaps see myself long term

Wag Hotels2018-01-18

"Alarming"

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time

Pros

Only Pro is the Dogs and Cats.

Cons

Working with students People fighting with each other Childish behavior from everyone No one will show you the ropes your basically lost Management more concerned with the front " Good Look" Graveyard shift person was highly unstable, very scary So many pets in this place there is no way they can be taken care of in a good way

Advice to Management

I have none because nothing will change.

Wag Hotels2017-07-07

"Terrible Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time

Pros

-Lots of quality time with dogs and cats that you grow attached to -Fun and relatable staff (non-managers) that are easy to talk to - Hands on experience with cleaning protocol

Cons

- Lack of communication between staff and managers - Underappreciated staff and inappropriate measures of employee feedback -HIGH Turnover like no other! -No protection nor assessment of aggressive animals allowed within the play areas -No training given to employees on animal behavior and handling -Lack of training to new employees -Managers that don't help during chaotic periods - Parts and equipment... within the facility are falling apart and not cared for in timely manner

Advice to Management

Please value the good employees that you have. In my time at WAG I had seen way too many good employees feel compelled to quit or were fired for unjust reasons. Those placed within management should learn to communicate with employees regularly and in a polite manner. Staff are not children, nor should they be talked down to as such.Certain employee favoritism is something the staff definitely notices and dislikes.... Lending a helping hand during high peak times is crucial. That means not ordering take-out and watching the entire place burn when swamped with customers. Probably one of the worst jobs that I ever worked and am glad to have found other realms within the animal world to provide my time and love.

Wag Hotels2016-10-23