Voyage Care Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 21 de Nov 2019

2.7
Voyage Care CEO Andrew Cannon
Andrew Cannon
Pros
  • "Opportunity for progression, treated well by management and great people we support(in 35 reviews)

• "Great service users and some good staff(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "You get no thanks for working long hours and over time, at one time we was so short staffed I worked 72 hours a week with no thanks or support(in 11 reviews)

• "No support whatsoever from management(in 9 reviews)

1. "Very good place"

Former Employee - Field Support Supervisor in Gloucester, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for progression, treated well by management and great people we support. You will read bad reviews on here and indeed from people who either had their contract terminated or who can’t understand basic employments. All company’s have policies and procedures which everyone needs to follow - I have noticed most posts have been by those who don’t recognize the commitment they may have made and then we’re... terminated from the service due to being a risk to the team or pws. I worked with a great team of people and always felt supported by everyone. The support workers were difficult sometimes as they didn’t understand the workload or pressure in the DCA offices however this is expected. I wouldn’t go into this role if you want an easy life, it does come with a lot of responsibility but I throughly enjoyed it.

Cons

The pay for all support workers and the office team is slightly lower than the average care provider - although this is made up in the fantastic culture and support from the company. No pay for on call! This is a serious problem as the on call is as abused regularly by support workers and therefor it’s more difficult to retain office staff due to unhealthy work life balance - please pay them!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing - maybe get the CEO to review pay for on call services.

Voyage Care2019-11-21
  2. "Jealousies"

Former Employee - Night Worker in Fareham, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Residents I guess

Cons

I experienced a lot of jealousy from senior s and other staff at voyage care.bit would appear that the more money these people have the more they enjoy seeing me fail, trip up or fall flat on my face. They enjoyed seeing me failing and finding know why?From experience I definitely was getting jealousy attacks but I do believe in Karma

Advice to Management

????

Voyage Care2019-11-17
  3. "Fantastic Varied Role that changes daily."

Current Employee - Trainer in Christchurch, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing supportive teams Fun and rewarding vocation Passionate and hardworking support staff Transforming people’s lives daily

Cons

Can be long hours and lots of hard work, which can be emotional and physical.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listening to the people who really want to make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities.

Voyage Care2019-11-01
  4. "Could not ask for a better team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding support from management, whatever support iv asked for or needed I have always received it. Even when I have been stranded the manager has gone out of her way to pick me up and make sure I’m safe. The staff team are amazing and for the first time in my life I feel I can honestly say I work for a company that puts the pws first and the staff are supported. If your looking for a job in health and social... care, that you can progress and be treated like a person and not a number then this is the job to apply for.

Cons

It’s not just a job you can do if you don’t have no ambition or want to be in, if your after just a wage or something easy then it’s not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

Voyage Care2019-10-28
  5. "Support worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time

Pros

Great place, the houses I work in are enjoyable and rewarding. Really good training and the staff work together helping eachother our making it flexible when needed. Management are approachable and contactable at all times to help out.

Cons

Pay could be a little better

Advice to Management

Happy with management, do regular visits to see the people we support and staff and catch up with how they are. Management do shifts when needed which is nice too see.

Voyage Care2019-10-28
  6. "AVOID AT ALL COST!"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

people you support are lovely and learning new things every day

Cons

AWFUL management BAD ATTITUDES FROM MANAGEMENT working over 60 hours per week above contracted. LESS THAN FIVE HOURS SLEEP BEFORE NEXT SHIFT DUE TO TIME YOU'D HAVE TO GET UP READY FOR THE NEXT ONE

Advice to Management

stop having favourites. If you took care of your staff you wouldn't have such a huge turn over of staff

Voyage Care2019-11-16

"Avoid"

Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in Litchfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

There’s is nothing great about voyage care. Broken company!

Cons

As soon as you start working you want return home

Voyage Care2019-10-30
  8. "Terrible"

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nothing.. Did meet some nice people

Cons

They don't care about staff or service users

Advice to Management

Look after the good staff and retrain the staff that need help I raised a concern of abuse and lost my job because management don't want to deal with anything negative

Voyage Care2019-10-30
  9. "Lack of support"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Voyage Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people we support Some staff members

Cons

Poor wage for what we do Job expectations are ridiculously high meaning we fail to give proper support Very little support for staff from management and higher! Rewarding bad behaviours to hide the problem. Paperwork not being done properly We are the voice of the people we support and WE ARE NOT BEING HEARD!!!

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, more specifically your support workers NOT management who like to brush things under the carpet!!!

Voyage Care2019-09-16
  10. "happy working for voyage for 3 years, now I feel under valued"

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The team I work with and the people we support

Cons

Changes that none of the team are happy with and have no say in, low pay for what we do, no enhanced pay for nights/weekends or unsociable hours. Feel very under appreciated.

Voyage Care2019-09-09