Vistatec Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Vistatec"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Vistatec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, emphasis on employee engagement, good social side

Cons

Challenging clients, complex and dynamic industry

Advice to Management

maintain staff focus

2. "Extremely poor management"

Former Employee - Language Quality Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Language Quality Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Vistatec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home privileges are useful (but HR only grant it if they like you)
    I made some good friends (who have all left now too)

Cons

Poor people management and completely unsupportive HR. If you get on their bad side they will make life hard for you. I've heard of several cases where staff reported bullying and no action was taken. Issues raised in exit interviews by staff leaving are not addressed. If you have a problem HR would rather you just quit.

Salaries are very poor and generally not enough to pay rent and have a decent standard of living in Dublin. Raises are hard to get, even if you take an additional roles and responsibilities.

There is a defensive atmosphere where all departments are just trying to pin blame on each other and a huge resistance to change. This has resulted in loads of pointless and outdated processes that waste time and frustrate you.

There is a lack of respect for staff: unpaid and unacknowledged overtime is standard and if you flag issues to management you are basically told to deal with them yourself.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as human beings, stop being so defensive and vindictive

"Genuine Current Employee Review"

I have been working at Vistatec full-time

Pros

Reading some reviews on here encouraged me to write my own review. In my opinion Vistatec is a human company, treats employees well, provides good job security, well respected in the industry, always improving and most good people do very well here - either by carving out a career for themselves within or using the experience as a platform to opportunities outside of Vistatec

Cons

My experience is that there is much growth with some systems and processes needing to catch up, and this can be a slow process, making for a challenging environment that may not suit everyone.

I have many years of experience in this industry so for me personally I enjoy problems and the opportunities that result from helping solve them but I have seen less experienced people and / or those with a negative disposition struggle with the challenges.

At times there is little room for creativity which can be frustrating, but that’s just the nature of this industry.

Advice to Management

Look after your good people.
    Generally speaking I have no issues with management, some are better than others but that’s life. On a whole I think they get the important stuff right.

Perhaps stating the obvious, but would suggest people take the extreme negativity written here with a pinch of salt. I would recommend anyone researching Vistatec to reach out to a real person for a more mature and balanced review.

"Worst company ever , don't believe the fake reviews"

Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Vistatec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the staff are pleasant.
    Weekends off
    Has running water available.
    Hot and cold taps.
    Doors and windows
    Electricity available
    Clocking off.
    Days off.
    Holidays.
    As far away from vistatec as possible.

Cons

They promise things then don't deliver.
    Expect too much pay too little .
    To many people coming and going .
    low pay across all the roles .
    Management are ignorant .
    Staff constantly complaining about the place .
    Filthy toilets .
    Unhygienic shower area .
    Management reep all the benefits .
    Company policy is unfair .
    Horrible office with crummy seats and out of date hardware .
    No progression.
    little time off, open all over Christmas .
    Skimp on everything/cut corners mentality
    Cheep facilities .
    They don't allow you to take much holidays .
    Expect you to put work 1st and marry your job .
    Yes men only succeed .
    Rip you off with holiday days unless you keep track of them yourself .
    Top management are very wooden rude and ignorant.
    staff being bullied 24/7 365.

Advice to Management

Pay market rates salaries , stop exploiting people that are new to this country.

Offer realistic hours .

Pay on the same date every month and not the last Friday of the month.

Get rid of the upper management dinosaurs .

Stop saying yes to clients when you can't keep up with the workload .

Offer better pay and holidays.

”HR get current employees to write good reviews as its clearly a bad company with a tarnished reputation .

"Only for starters"

I worked at Vistatec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- flexi-time - that's really the only positive thing I can think of. Most employees just talk about how bad the place is on a daily basis.

Cons

- no career nor learning opportunities - progression is impossible;
    - low pay & little time off;
    - working from home is not really possible. HR tries to micro-manage everything employees do and is only flexible with some people;
    - outdated tools and unnecessarily complicated procedures;
    - middle and senior management does not trust employees and treats them like children, creating a stressful environment;
    - managers are hardly qualified for the job they do. Most of them have no working experience outside of this company. They don't understand the industry and are not open to any type of changes;
    - no collaboration between departments;
    - really low morale: employees are continuously leaving the company, but nobody addresses the situation.

Advice to Management

- stop writing fake reviews on Glassdoor;
    - get rid of your higher management, they may have been relevant 10 years ago. They don't know what they are doing!

"Really nice company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Vistatec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home option is great. The company is also investing and growing so there are good career opportunities. Nice bunch of people to work with. Really strong on technology and this shows with some really amazing clients too. Overall my experience has been really positive.

Cons

Localisation is always challenging! Customers are demanding and technology keeps changing, but this has been the case in my previous companies. Personally, I like a challenge.

Advice to Management

Social events have been fun - more of these would be great.

"Great Company to work for!!!"

I worked at Vistatec full-time

Pros

- Extremely great employee benefits
    - Company are introducing more in house events
    - Excellent flexi time policy with start and finish time
    - Extremely great team morale and friendship built here
    - Performance Reviews

Cons

- Carrier progression can be a bit "foggy" ... (until you start asking questions regarding expectations and goals)
    - TL's/Managers should get more involved with events/involvement
    - Inter-department bonding might be a good idea ??

Advice to Management

Great company, that needs a few small adjustment (what company doesn't'!!).. Continue to focus and manager-employee relationships!

"Vistatec"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Vistatec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexitime Scheme lets you enter as early as 7:30, or as late as 10:00.
    Free coffee, milk and tea. Water-boilers, toasters, microwaves available.
    International (mostly European, but with Asian, Latin American and African elements) workforce.
    Facilities and areas are sufficiently clean and tidy.
    While turnover is apparently high, top management is experienced.
    Computer hardware is responsive enough.
    CAT tools licenses are up-to-date.
    HR organizes small-scale events and competitions throughout the year.
    Anniversary and end-of-year parties.
    it is possible to ask to work from home on certain days.
    Some members work from their respective countries on a daily basis.
    Content type is diverse (this depending on which division you work.)
    While a few colleagues are some of the oddest people you will meet, and others couldn't care less about you, most are friendly and willing to chat over lunch.
    You could be paid certainly less.
    LUAS is nearby; Dbuses 13/40/123 as well.

Cons

Top management does not engage in communication (even non-verbal) with anyone, not even for small talk. While I could be generalizing, this has been my experience. I understand they come from an IT background, but this is a small company after all where people meet in the aisles all the time.
    The amount of manual work involved in keeping track of projects due to a lack of investment (in time and money, IMHO) in software solutions creates inefficiencies in how time is used. This will apparently be fixed in the coming months company-wide, but it could potentially bring problems in other fronts (PLUNET.)
    Due to the point above, it's easy to make mistakes and experience frustration, particularly when multitasking is needed.
    Documentation for newcomers (and in general) is spread across different folder structures. This could be easily streamlined.
    Being based in Dublin means you will spend a great part of your salary in accommodation.
    The linguistic content of the job is scarce. If you wanted to perform translation work, look elsewhere.
    Chairs are as ergonomic as a medieval stock.
    According to my colleagues, career advancement is a rarity, and might be better obtained by swapping companies.

Advice to Management

You seem to enjoy participating in events with your clients and other companies. Employ some of your time devising ways to communicate your vision and motivation as a company to motivate employees; marketing brochures can only do so much. Don't let HR handle the human element of your company on its own. People feel unheard and unspoken to.

"Not employee oriented..."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Vistatec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The is continuously work to be done, which i like
    Becaus I like to be busy.

Cons

Overall the company is not really employee oriented. People come and go very often as well which is worrying. Within one department, i didnt heard of people staying longer than 2/3 years

"Very nice company in which to work. Learned a lot"

I worked at Vistatec full-time

Pros

I learned a lot around communications as I had regular direct contact with our clients. The staff are very nice and I got on well with them. We had flexible working hours which was great. There was a lot of bespoke technology which helped us be more efficient with the day to day tasks. There were also pretty regular events for the staff. Easy to get to, with the Luas and bus system. Also, parking was available.

Cons

The company did not have many opportunities to progress, as it’s quite a flat structure. Having said that they do try and promote from within when the opportunity arises.

Advice to Management

More regular Pulse meetings to update the staff on how the company is doing.