Virgin America In Flight Teammate Reviews

1. "VXFOREVER"

5.0
    Current Employee - In Flight Teammate in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Virgin America changed the airline industry on the West Coast and became a great competitor, the culture and brand was amazing, and it's sad to see it go.

Cons

None that I can state.

"Sadly no longer the same."

2.0
    Current Employee - In Flight Teammate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was amazing experience working here when it was Virgin. Supportive environment with lots of engaging events for employees. Definitely different from any other airline.

Cons

Has changed completely since acquisition by Alaska. Lots of people have been laid off or left. Lots of changes in upper management. Very corporate now.

"Inflight Teammate"

1.0
    In Flight Teammate in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Virgin America for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employees, flexible schedules and opportunity to travel

Cons

Pay is awful. Promises made and not kept. Supervisors were unfair and not consistent with work rules

4. "Its been swell"

4.0
    Current Employee - In-Flight Teammate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great teammate engagement, this company really feels like family. Good benefits, health and travel as well as a great 401k that matches 125% of contributions up to 6%.

Cons

The company was bought by Alaska Airlines so the culture is slowly dying. Virgin America was never the most competitive airline in terms of pay.

"Inflight Teammate/Flight Attendant"

4.0

I worked at Virgin America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers were some of the best I have ever worked with, cared about guests, eco-friendly for an airline, flight benefits, great company culture.

Cons

Some pretty big promises made in the beginning to employees were broken. Felt like some management was indifferent and the ones that weren't and really wanted to help would really try but had their hands tied. This was not necessarily how it felt in the early days.

"Inflight Teammate"

I worked at Virgin America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun culture, guests love the airline which makes your days easier, flight benefits, great uniforms, recently acquired by Alaska Airlines, the company is really trying to make things better by negotiating a new contract for he inflight team before the merge even happens

Cons

The lack of cities Virgin flies to (making it very difficult to commute), the DRAMA and gossip are unavoidable (no matter which crew I worked with, they were speaking negatively about the company or others who worked there), low pay especially when you consider that the only bases they have are in the 3 most expensive US cities, you often have to remind crew scheduling of the work rules when you're on reserve because they seem to forget and not give you enough rest/work you hours that are too long, on-demand ordering on the planes ALWAYS had issues and it was a pain to never get a break on a long day of flying because of it

"InFlight Teammate"

5.0

I worked at Virgin America full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for! They care about their employees and have amazing benefits. If you are very flexible with your schedule and love to travel this is a blend of an amazing job and an amazing company.

Cons

The biggest downside to this job is that you are away from home a lot. This is very hard to juggle with a family. You are on reserve for a while so you spend a lot of time sitting at the airport waiting for someone to call in sick.

Continue reading
  8. "the good and the bad"

Current Employee - In Flight Teammate in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than a year

Pros

flight benefits, really and meeting new coworkers everytime you have a trip.

Cons

management is terrible. ignores the needs of flight crew

"Good temporary experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - In Flight Teammate

I worked at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to travel anywhere was an amazing benefit, crews were fun and easy going to work with, having good seniority would get you the schedule you want (for the most part). It's a great job to experience for a couple of years. Innovative company willing to try new products and food companies to help other small businesses grow, especially Bay Area companies.

Cons

Management was very difficult to work with. It really felt like they would not listen to what we had to say. The Scheduling Team was even more difficult to work with, it felt like there was a huge disconnection between scheduling and the inflight team. There was a lack of respect between the two departments. The work rules are very vague. There was so much grey area that even a supervisor didn't understand the work rules when I would bring up a work rule to their attention over a specific issue. There is very little room for growth. I left the company feeling very unappreciated. The management team always bloats about how Virgin America is the top airline and thanks us for it but doesn't treat their teammates like they're number one, especially in PAY. In the more recent times, there has been very little flexibility in scheduling due to low reserve coverage. If you call out sick, you are required to bring a doctors note, which made me feel like I was in a child in grade school again and it felt as if management did not trust us. They made promises and failed to keep them, especially when the company went public. Also, reserve life for inflight teammates is the worst. They need to come up with a policy to benefit their work/life balance. This company is huge on favoritism as well.

Continue reading

"NOT as awesome as everyone thinks............."

1.0
    Current Employee - In-Flight Teammate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being a flight attendant was great! Learning about the aviation industry Traveling for fun at the last minute was awesome!

Cons

What a scam because of favoritism and management sticking together from jetBlue Encouraging tattle tale work environment to be able to hire and fire so quick Being a FA is hard enough but to be treated my management crappy too is worse! Management is a joke! Most have been fired from other airlines. The CEO, David Cush is trying to make it another American Airlines- #1 first city to serve Texas was Dallas #2 Terminal 2 serves both AA and VA #3 senior management are coming from AA

Found 12 reviews