Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools Reviews

Updated 30 Dec 2019

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools Founders Marvin Rushing and Penelope Rushing (no image)
Marvin Rushing and Penelope Rushing
1 Rating
  1. "Poor Management and Nepotism Everywhere"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

The instructors are kind and thoughtful.

Cons

Management is not willing to change, learn or grow. They questioned why they had a high turnover but never considered that they were the problem. Almost everyone in a high position was either related to the owners or best friends with them. There were no repercussions to the actions of people in management. They can do whatever they want. There was no loyalty for the employees. As an employee, it didn't matter how good or hard I was working. I felt that any mistake could get me fired.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your workers. Listen to them, and realize when you're the ones causing the problems.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2019-12-30
  2. "Negative Environment"

I worked at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools full-time

Pros

Pros are minimal. Helping the students is rewarding, pleasant surroundings, and free parking.

Cons

I would give this company 0 stars if I could. Worse place I've ever worked. Upper management does not care about its employees (unless you are a family member) and provides no support. Long hours for low pay and all you will receive is negative feedback. Emotionally abusive workplace where your self esteem will take a beating.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to someone who actually cares about the company, the students, and the employees.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2017-04-14
  3. "Education is satisfactory, upper management unwilling to change/adapt, unprofessional conduct"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The students were definitely a "pro". Staff, for the most part, were upbeat, positive people who enjoyed their jobs. Being a part of helping someone pursue their dream is amazingly rewarding: from the front desk doing their part, to admissions, to the instructors.

Cons

I've been gone for many months and yet when I think about working there, it sickens me. One doesn't truly realize the abuse that was handed down until you are away from it for a period of time. Being yelled at and berated. Prying questions into your personal life, which of course, one felt compelled to answer; then those same answers being spread throughout the company like wildfire. And this is coming from upper management. Not how one should act in a place of business or in fact, at all. If you have little self-confence, this is the place for you, however in time, you will have none, due the way you will be treated. The number of enrolled students had decreased (at least during my time there) and yet very little being done to promote the school. The unfortunate thing is that many of the graduating students leave this school with such a bad taste in their mouths, that they wouldn't recommend the school to anyone. Which speaks volumes to the way this business is being run. High turnover! "People leave managers not companies" which is 100% true in this case. Funny thing is, I miss the job I did there. I'm guessing that most of the people who left this company feel the same way, yet the were unable to put up with the passive-aggressive, mean-spirited, unprofessional behaviors that were and probably still being exhibited by those in power.

Advice to Management

Any advice I were to offer would fall on deaf ears as it has for many years. When those in control of things think they are omniscient and infallible, no words of advice would help. What would be great to see? Upper management hiring people and paying them what they are worth, giving employees reviews/raises and trusting them to do their job(s). Stepping away from the daily running of the business would be the best thing for the salon/schools.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2017-01-16

"Graphic Design Intern"

I worked at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools

Pros

Great community of people to work with. I felt a part of a team and just not simply an intern. Wide variety of experience from print to digital design.

Cons

Not a lot of communication with higher up management beyond my direct supervisor (who himself was awesome). Busy pace of work creation which made creativity less important.

Advice to Management

Communicate and encourage interns more. Because this was an internship and not simply a part time graphic design job, there should have been some thought that went into teaching about the graphic design business as a whole.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2016-09-13

"Just a job not a career"

I worked at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools

Pros

Teaching and mentoring the students. Only pro is the students and being there for them and helping them with their future potential.

Cons

Pay vs. Hours worked. No raises. No advancement. Superiors show favorites. Very HighSchool like atmosphere. Ethics and values are very poor.

Advice to Management

Treat your good employees better and equal so there isn't so much turnover. Offer raises and advancement opportunities. There's a reason you have so much turnover and it's the management and ownership.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2016-10-15
  6. "Hair Stylist"

Current Employee - Stylist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education is excellent, ongoing training, benefits, lots of loyal clients. Busy salon, positive atmosphere. Student loan repayment. Focus on quality, not just quantity. Don't expect a slow paced atmosphere. You will work hard. There are a lot of people who have worked in the salon for years which you do not see everywhere.

Cons

Any salon has cons, for me it's late nights but that's anywhere.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management at this time. I think everything is going well.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2016-03-18
  7. "A God Send"

Current Employee - Instructor in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Flexible scheduling, benefits, supportive/compassionate during rough times, Offered amazing growth potential within the company, appreciated

Cons

Life is getting better and better everyday. No place of employment is perfect. However, I have always known were I have stood in the eyes of management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2016-03-16
  8. "Busy!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, WI

Pros

Great coworkers that care about each other and the students. This place really prepares students to work in a fast-paced, accountable environment.

Cons

Students can be challenging especially when they are very young, right out of high school, but they mature as they move through the program.

Advice to Management

It would be a moral booster of the company did more sponsored team activities.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2016-03-17

"Changing lives!"

Office

I have been working at Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools

Pros

I get to help people everyday!

Cons

It's bittersweet when students graduate! You're excited for their new journey but sad to see them go!

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2015-11-04

"stylist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Pros

It was a great environment to work, very professional and encouraged continuing education. It was an Aveda concept salon which was important to me as I was an advocate of that line.

Cons

It was a large salon so I sometimes felt like it was a little loud, I wanted my clients to be in a relaxed environment and sometimes there was a lot of commotion.

Advice to Management

keep allowing the stylists to attend as much continuing education as possible. alas, allow them to earn their commission on a sledding scale if possible.

Vicí Capilli Salons & Spa and Vicí Beauty Schools2015-09-08