What people are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Got a burning question about Vertex Pharmaceuticals? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Vertex Pharmaceuticals employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and really want to help patients" (in 173 reviews)
- "Great people; everyone is very open and willing to help." (in 101 reviews)
- "Great culture and place to work Flex working environment Growing organization" (in 59 reviews)
- "Lot to learn within function and great colleagues." (in 32 reviews)
- "Good pay and office location" (in 28 reviews)
- "poor management, very poor communications, never know when they will have another reduction in staff." (in 35 reviews)
- "Poor managers at Sr Director and below." (in 25 reviews)
- "Fits in with culture of senior leadership disappearing in the middle of the night without a trace" (in 17 reviews)
- "Upper management uses bully tactics and if your female do not expect to advance into a leadership position." (in 12 reviews)
- "Lack of integrity with some middle to senior management" (in 11 reviews)
Found 876 of over 1K reviews
Updated 26 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.026 Sept 2023Senior Director Strategic AccountsCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Vertex is a science-driven, patient-first organization with an intellectual horsepower that is 2nd to none!
Vertex is a face-paced environment and not for everyone.
- 3.01 Sept 2023Senior ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
Great benefit’s package overall. Summer and Christmas shutdown. Maternity and paternity benefits.
Teams are understaffed, so individuals need to work extra time to meet the ambicios company goals and there is no compensation for high performers employees. Departments don’t support the exploration of career development in other areas of the company (although HR always says that those opportunities are available, likely only on paper or materialized to only very few) Budget for promotions is very low, so it makes it extremely competitive to get a promotion. Although some people seem to get promotions in very short time (preferential treatment of employees). No clear or transparent pathway for promotions. People don’t feel well compensated for the work they doVertex Pharmaceuticals Response2w
Thank you for sharing your review, it helps us to improve and understand employee concerns. We’ll share your feedback with HR.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Reviews FAQs
Vertex Pharmaceuticals has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 1,105 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
88% of Vertex Pharmaceuticals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vertex Pharmaceuticals 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.