Version 1 Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 150 reviews

4.0
Version 1 CEO Tom O'Connor
Tom O'Connor
Pros
  • "I’m a great believer and promoter of the Version 1 core values(in 45 reviews)

• "Great People’ do join Version 1 and the people make Version 1 into the GREAT PLACE TO WORK that it is(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "The core values is used as a stick to beat staff with each quarter if you're not exceeding expectation like "such & such" sitting around the corner(in 12 reviews)

• "As primarily a technology company Version 1 offers more career progression opportunities for technical roles than for the more business-focussed roles(in 5 reviews)

"A Great inspirational place to work"

Current Employee - 'One of the Team' in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I have worked at Version 1 for over a decade and have loved every minute . Each day brings something different; a new and more exciting challenge. Everyone I have worked with or have met in Version 1 has been outstanding. ‘Great People’ do join Version 1 and the people make Version 1 into the GREAT PLACE TO WORK that it is. I’m a great believer and promoter of the Version 1 core values. They are not just lip service...they...

Cons

There is little downside to Version 1, and after ten+ plus years in the firm no negatives

Advice to Management

Keep driving 'us' forward, always aiming to be better than we were yesterday

2. "Very ambitious company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

A really ambitious company that believes in empowering employees to drive the business forward. New ideas are welcomed.

Cons

Things move at a fast pace, the company works well for people who are self-starters

Advice to Management

N/A

• "Great People"

I have been working at Version 1 full-time

Pros

Great place to work, smart, hard working colleagues

Cons

Career progression is quite limited

"Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Version 1 continues to scale. With this comes huge opportunity to develop skills, switch technologies, work in different sectors and drive business value for fantastic customers. Ambitious vision and rock-solid shared core values.

Cons

Version 1 is a fast-paced environment and not for the faint-hearted. But if you like challenge and opportunity then this is definitely the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the regular communication and transparency.

• "Overly Hyped Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good thing about Version 1 is management is always talking about employee engagement and keeping employees happy. Managers are good and listen to team members (based on my experience).

Cons

You may need to take the pros with a pinch of salt. Company is trying hard to be best workplace in industry but the reality is far distant. In my view policies are really draconian and let me corroborate that point by point. 1. Employee have to give 2 months notice but the company is bound to give you only 1 month notice. So the discrimination starts even before you get inside the door. 2. V1 works on quarterly bonuses....

Advice to Management

If you really want to create a best place to work, you may need to relook at policies from fresh angle. Version 1 management always talk about treating people with respect and equality. But empty words with no action is not a self prophesy.

"Great Success Story"

Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

High growth business which means career opportunities for all employees - Top 5 in Great Place to Work consistently , Core Values focused and despite growth rate, flat management structure remains so opportunity for all to make an impact.

Cons

BREXIT may have impact

Advice to Management

None

"A Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible working hours (I'm office based) City Centre location (I'm office based) Encouragement to up-skill

Cons

Second rate offices - lack of toilets, seats in canteens, etc... basic things Just 20 days Annual Leave... far below par compared to other major IT companies in Ireland Pay increases seem to be solely around CPD Levels.... my role alone seems to be 25% below current market rate in Dublin and I've increased CPD in the past 6 months Lack of time to up-skill... contradiction somewhat to my Pros but they encourage you...

Advice to Management

Given the huge amount of available IT jobs in Dublin at present, Management really need to address salary increases and incentives/benefits - 20 days Annual Leave for example is fairly shambolic for a company which is ranked in Great Places to Work. Without these being addressed, staff will look elsewhere and it will become harder to attract new staff. I've personally been headhunted this week by a recruiter for a role...

• "Great opportunity to take your career to the next level"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

With rapid growth comes lots of opportunity - thats not something you will find in many organisations. If you feel you have expertise and ambition which is not being harnessed then Version 1 is the place to look for your next career move. I made that decision just over 5 years ago and havent looked back !

Cons

Having a customer base across Ireland and the UK can mean a lot of travel at key periods in tbe year

Advice to Management

Keep striving to "build something special" at Version 1 - belonging to a company that does things differently and just doesnt follow others is a real differentiator to both employees and customers.

"An average experience, better jobs out there for .NET"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Version 1

Pros

- CPD framework is beneficial - Good bonus structure - Middle Management are good

Cons

- Upper Management seems to not understand their employees - Growth isn’t being managed well - Pay is well below market rates in my experience - Expected to do 2 - 3 hours of unpaid evening work a week outside of “client hours” - Inconsistent and fragmented experience across the company and no focus on rectifying this

Advice to Management

The people make V1 what it is, treat them as such

• "Fulltimer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Version 1 full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Flexible . Anything you want to do you can get involved in - but you need to show progress which is not a bad thing. Dublin Office right in city centre which is excellent. Suits me for career after many years both in and out of head office

Cons

Office needs a revamp so theres that

Found 150 reviews