The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Version 1? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Version 1 employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Core values are good way to run a company." (in 76 reviews)
- "Great people working there and they are always willing to assist you in any way they can." (in 62 reviews)
- "Great culture and work blance" (in 23 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 20 reviews)
- "good benefits and tranparent company with good management" (in 19 reviews)
- "Low salary Lack of challenge" (in 35 reviews)
- "Compensation and Annual pay require improvement" (in 11 reviews)
- "It’s a great place to work not an easy place to work" (in 6 reviews)
- "There needs to be a forum where you can raise concerns especially where the line manager is reluctant to discuss the progression." (in 4 reviews)
Found 534 of over 584 reviews
Updated 18 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW1 Dec 2022Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
I worked in few Major IT companies as IB, Wipro etc... but the version1 is amazing company. The management is good and they will hear your voice. They have good organized teams and version1 focused on employee upgradation of skillset. Pay scale also good . The best thing is management keeps on working on their feedbacks from employees and trying to provide best facilities. The company's culture is so beautiful and somebody needs to experience. i never see such a good company in my life. if i get another chance i would love to work in this company again.
Are you kidding. i did not see any issues during my tenure1
- 5.06 Sept 2023Talent Development SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Great team spirit. Good benefits Appoachable leadership Lot's of autonomy People live by the values
People work hard however the work is rewarding
- 3.08 Aug 2023Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Good company to start in Ireland
I was placed to work for a client that don't match with my skills. I have no knowledge about the technologies used and I have no interest in learning them. I talked to my manager to move me from project/client, a project where my skills match, but according to my manager, I can't move from project/client. Therefore, I work with my motivation close to zero.
- 4.07 Sept 2023Data EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDublin, Dublin
Work life balance, good management
Low-paid compared to the market, project-based (positive/negative) experiences
- 4.03 Sept 2023Marketing SpecialistFormer Employee
So many benefits and a very flexible place to work
Salary’s are reviewed often but they are very poor. Not market value at all.
- 5.01 Aug 2023.NET DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Flexible and remote working Supportive team and wonderfully structured Work life balance Company wide events - eating out, health check up, city tours
No clean promotion/next career move plan. They have a system in place called Talent Guard to view skill gap between current and next career move which is unrealistic as to it suggests 3 years for a career move. The manager isn't really in the best interest of subordinated from career growth standpoint. struck in a role for too long - delayed promotions
- 3.023 Aug 2023Scrum MasterFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDublin, Dublin
Good projects Bonus Was GPTW when remote WFH Flexible with WFH Some great people
Lack of promotion No annual pay reviews Some inexperienced managers Little opportunity for Training or CPD Lack of Diversity
Version 1 Reviews FAQs
Version 1 has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 584 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Version 1 to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Version 1 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Version 1 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.