Venquis Reviews

Updated 1 Jun 2020

4.4
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
  1. "A great journey so far...love it!"

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are really great, everyone gets along well, we have loads of fun and I think clients/ candidates really benefit from the culture. A few misfits have recently left the business giving the sales floor a positive boost and allowing us to get on with the plan/ vision (which makes perfect sense to me) Training and support is exceptional- everyone really wants you to succeed. The commission scheme is THE BEST I’m surprised it’s not talked about more in the industry. I’m excited about my Venquis future as there are people doing amazing things here and I’m sure I can too. If you’re reading this because you’re thinking about joining, do!!

Cons

It’s a tough industry (but I’d much rather be at Venquis than anywhere else!). I actually find it really rewarding.

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time out to review your journey with us so far, it's great to hear you've embraced our culture and benefited from our market leading commission and share scheme! I don't know any other agencies that offer uncapped commission and where the employees own 100% of the business. We pride ourselves on the value our industry leading events add to our clients and candidates, which truly sets us apart from our competition. It is a tough industry, but we offer market leading training and a calendar of events to reward your hard work! If there's anything you think we should be doing better or more efficiently please let us know, we love hearing from our employees.

2. "Driving The Industry"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been hugely impressed by Venquis as a company since I joined last year to open their South West Regional office. This company is at the forefront of advances in recruitment from a technology perspective but maintains the personal values and morals which can be somewhat lost within the industry in 2019. The support I have had from Steve Garner and our London Headquarters has been exceptional. They have given me the opportunity to grow a fantastic business in the South West reflecting the vibrant culture we have in London, whilst giving me the freedom to adapt the business accordingly to support our clients in the South West. If you are looking for a company that sees potential and is focused on growing talent from its consultants, than look no further than Venquis!

Cons

I really cannot fault anything about Venquis' approach. This is an ambitious company which has the right tools and the right people to convert these ideas into reality.

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it's great to see our regional offices going from strength to strength. Our flat structure and agile business allows us to develop as our client base grows, so we look forward to hearing your continued feedback on how we can continue to support you.

3. "Couldn't have asked for a better start to my professional career!"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Venquis for nearly 3 years and one of the things that I have appreciated the most is the culture. Venquis has worked hard to build a great internal brand and strong culture. The company has a flat structure, which means the environment is very open and honest. Operations and Sales work very closely together meaning that everyone is always offering help and support, enabling everyone to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. The hard-working culture at Venquis means that not only are you rewarded throughout the year through various incentives and team nights out but an annual company weekend away is organised.

Cons

Sales consultants are encouraged to be out of the office meeting candidates and clients, so sometime the office can feel quiet.

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

It's great to hear we've helped you spring-board your graduate career and we really appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. We are proud to offer an annual company trip that the whole business is invited to, it's important that we reward everyone that plays a part in making our business the success that it is, whether you're in the sales team or operations. We do encourage our consultants to be out of the office building exclusive relationships with candidates and clients as this is how trusted relationships are built. This can leave the sales floor quieter sometimes. With the new structure of the business communication will continue to improve.

4. "From Trainee Consultant to 1 million pound biller..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Joined Venquis as a trainee consultant and with a clear development plan I have been promoted to Team Leader and now manage a small team - Incentivised not only as a billing Team Leader but also on helping my own team to progress and grow - Opportunities to work from our other offices in Bristol and Munich (which has included an annual trip to Oktoberfest!!) - Open door policy with leadership - Offers a professional platform with a fun culture whether you’re looking for a 180 or 360 role in recruitment - Good environment and teamwork especially through recent changes with the new organisational structure

Cons

- Could offer more training courses for up and coming/future leaders within the business

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time out to review your journey to date and congratulations on joining our £1,000,000 club! We will be launching new global offices over the next few years and we are looking for current and future leaders to put themselves forward to lead these new divisions. It's good to hear the new structure of the business has enabled you to collaborate better with your colleagues across the business. We will continue to improve and add additional training for our leaders and if there's any particular areas you want to up-skill yourself on we are open to suggestions. We allocate 5% of our profits to training and development.

"Venquis Recruitment"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

My journey so far at Venquis has been the most productive 6 months I’ve had in my career. I had been advised by friends (who already have a career in recruitment) for a few years to join to the industry and finally made the jump. I have a sales background and was already in a job but I was just cruising and probably quite bored, I was looking for a fast paced sales environment where I could learn quickly through extensive training and support, and that is exactly what I got. From the day I joined the 13 week academy I have been supported every day and guided on how to progress. Even after passing the academy the training continues with the Sales Director, putting on hourly sessions teaching our consultants how to become better recruiters. To anyone considering a career in recruit you need to have a good work ethic, but just as importantly you need to be trained and guided on how to get the most out of that hard work. You will find this a Venquis. Pros: Training Guidance Great Culture

Cons

The feeling of missing out on a placement

"Growing fast"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

- New structure of the business - Flexible working hours - Office dog

Cons

Nothing notable that I can think of.

7. "Growing company"

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

- I have been at Venquis for several years and although I’ve had a little bit of a rocky road with changing roles throughout my time here, I have always had support and training along the way. -If you have the will and the want to do well Venquis will help develop and support you in whatever role you want to do. -A real sense of teamwork and team effort at Venquis, probably more than ever due to recent organisational changes but still keeping the good competitive nature recruitment needs. -Good incentives for top billers whether you are in delivery or 360, rewarding those who are at the top of their game wherever you sit in the business. -Constant training continues with your 121's each week with either your Team Leader or Sales Director, to really age any concerns you’ve had in the week but also go through what went well and how to maximise this for the following week. I started at venquis with no recruitment experience at all and highly recommend the company to someone who is looking for a career change or next step in development within recruitment.

Cons

If you are looking for everything to be given to you on a plate then Venquis is not the place for you. However if you are proactive and put yourself out there then Venquis has a great culture for growth and development and will provide whatever help/support/development/training you need to be successful.

"excellent opportunities"

4.0

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Recent structure changes feel really positive and have given everyone a clear idea of the part they play in successfully growing the company. - I have felt challenged and supported throughout my journey at Venquis. - Good training opportunities - Good bunch of people that I enjoy working with - Clear commission structure

Cons

The hours can be demanding but what you put in, you get rewarded for

"Last Role"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems like a lot of structure, you will come to find this is extremely false, very unfortunate being my first role as a Recruiter

Cons

Poor management Narcissistic environment which unfortunately encourages sexism and racism Bad comission structure also Personally would not recommend for a Recruiter looking to break the industry. I have moved to another Recruitment firm offering so much more for a trainee

10. "Unpleasant"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

Social environment Incentives on a monthly basis

Cons

Poor management Expect 60hr weeks with no lunch breaks You're only supported when you're bringing in money

Found 73 reviews