UserTesting Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

UserTesting Reviews

Updated 10 Dec 2019

4.2
UserTesting CEO Andy MacMillan (no image)
Andy MacMillan
Pros
  • "Work from home or where ever you are(in 16 reviews)

• "Great product in a hot market, benefits (catered lunches, massages, yoga), career growth, great cultures(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "It seems like it's becoming more 'sales ' and no one cares about the professional service group anymore(in 7 reviews)

• "Morale is dropping and upper management keeps letting people go so now people are leaving on their own as well(in 6 reviews)

1. "One of the best experiences I have ever had"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is really taking off. The level of excitement and success I have seen over the last year has been amazing. Outstanding culture, really impressive management and an overwhelmingly positive environment.

Cons

Company is growing very quickly and that can lead to some disruption in certain departments, but management is responding effectively and overall, significant growth is a really good thing

Advice to Management

Please keep looking at areas to help grow our overall offering and strengthen our footprint in this market

UserTesting2019-12-10
  2. "Great casual gig until recently - website issues now making it a waste of time"

Current Employee - Tester

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun! It's really great to review sites knowing that you can influence how they'll work for other people. Pay! It's really only casual money, $10 US per test, but most of them are less than 20 minutes, so the per hour pay is good.

Cons

The website seems to be working poorly these days. I've changed browsers and tried everything I can on my end, but I am accepted for tests and then immediately rejected. It's becoming a waste of my time to keep the window open. It's a shame since I've really enjoyed doing the tests and I have a 5-star rating along with positive comments from the people reviewing my responses.

Advice to Management

Value tester time more highly. Train your users on how to set up screening questions. Ask the most important screening question first, and then filter us out immediately if we're not qualified. I won't be offended! Consider putting the first (and most important) question on the Dashboard page. Then testers can screen ourselves out of tests that we're not qualified for without having to waste time clicking through a set of questions.

UserTesting2019-12-10
  3. "Best company"

I worked at UserTesting full-time

Pros

Good work culture..with best employment policy

Cons

I dont find any cons

UserTesting2019-10-03
  4. "Great company to start your sales career in"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and company culture

Cons

Constant turn over for a company this late in the game

UserTesting2019-10-01

"Great Culture w/ Great Growth"

Current Employee - Strategy in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kindness is a core cultural tenant that isn't just a slogan. For a startup the perks are pretty awesome 401k, lunches, fully stocked kitchen. The product is has a fantastic market fit and the company is significantly doubling down on R&D. Leadership is super accessible and the CEO is incredibly honest and transparent.

Cons

Sure, it's a startup so there are growth pains...but considering where the company is the infrastructure investment is much more significant then I have seen at some public companies!

Advice to Management

Keep it going, onward and upward!

UserTesting2019-09-20

"Human Resources CAN'T be trusted - UNETHICAL"

Former Employee - Facilitator in Mountain View, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun perks, nice people, easy going environment

Cons

SOMEHOW what I told HR during my exit interview got back to me via another employee who was told by ANOTHER employee.

Advice to Management

HIRE A HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM THAT IS ETHICAL AND TAKES THEIR JOB SERIOUSLY

UserTesting2019-10-11
  7. "Good to make some money on my spare time"

Current Employee - Tester in Ciudad de México

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy money, you do not spend a lot of time on each test, unless you take a 60 min live interview but which pays 60usd per hour which is totally worth it. Help center is really friendly and always understand any problem, they actually care about you and guide you in any matter.

Cons

What you'll get paid each month will be really random according to how many tests you take.

UserTesting2019-09-04

"Potential could be good"

Current Employee - Tester
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, $10 per test and the scenarios instructions are very clear and easy to understand.

Cons

* It’s hard to get a website to review, seems like the screening questions can go on and on to boot you out of being able to do it. * Sometimes it seems like you get the same ones because the screening questions are exactly the same.

Advice to Management

It would be easier to have the qualifications listed on each assignments, it’s very time consuming to keep answering question after question just to say I’m not qualified. There should be a system that can match up assignments with our qualifications.

UserTesting2019-04-23

"Dreadful and tiring"

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are great and we always try to lift eachother up

Cons

Morale is dropping and upper management keeps letting people go so now people are leaving on their own as well. I don't see a future here anymore and I don't know where the company is going. It seems like it's becoming more 'sales ' and no one cares about the professional service group anymore. Everyone just keeps working hard for nothing so its dreadful and tiring to go to work now. Some people on the PM team doesnt even know what they are doing anymore, morale is at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Have a plan when you lay someone off and be transparent about it and guide the team if you're a leader. Don't just have us figure it out ourselves, although its challenging to do that but some guidance would be nice.

UserTesting2019-04-11

"Stellar place, getting better every day!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's awesome to be with the leader in the UX space, and growing to Product, Marketing, etc., and to have 98% of your customers genuinely appreciating what you're doing for their business. New management is awesome, and the team keeps getting stronger and stronger. Great product continues to improve.

Cons

With great growth, comes change. If you can't handle change, that's a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. :)

UserTesting2019-03-05