UserTesting Reviews

Updated 16 Sep 2020

2.9
UserTesting CEO Andy MacMillan (no image)
Andy MacMillan
Pros
  • "Work from home or where ever you are(in 23 reviews)

• "Great product in a hot market, benefits (catered lunches, massages, yoga), career growth, great cultures(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "It seems like it's becoming more 'sales ' and no one cares about the professional service group anymore(in 7 reviews)

• "Morale is dropping and upper management keeps letting people go so now people are leaving on their own as well(in 7 reviews)

1. "A great company to becoming connected with professionals in the UX space"

Current Employee - Evaluator

I have been working at UserTesting part-time

Pros

Flexible way to meet and talk with people about digital products

Cons

It is at times very trying to connect with the products you are able to review

2. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Software Tester in New York, NY

I worked at UserTesting part-time

Pros

Flexible, interesting, big-name clients, relaxed

Cons

Quite hard to get work sometimes

3. "Good culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UserTesting full-time

Pros

Startup mindset in new markets

Cons

Could be better at understanding cultures in new markets

4. "Great for Extra Income"

2.0
    Current Employee - Website Tester in Bronx, NY

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You receive $10 for every test completed. You get paid on time. You get a chance to help developers with their websites and apps. You can work whenever you want.

Cons

For every test you do, you have to wait 7 days from that date just to get paid. You won't be eligible to complete every job that shows on the dashboard unless qualified.

5. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in South San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at UserTesting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good sales team culture.

Cons

Departments seemed a little silo'd

"Clueless, racist leadership leading company into the ground"

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are very nice and we have held a good market position with impressive customers. Work life balance is something well considered. Nice benefits.

Cons

There is no diversity within the leadership team and they have brought in all their B player buddies. Growth has slowed and nobody knows what they are doing. Silos and lack of innovation. Don't listen to anything that a recruiter or leadership tells you. Things are not what they seem here. Only white people get promoted and all the people leaving lately have been minorities. I hope the company is planning to sell because things as is aren't going to last.

7. "Changed my life"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, work-life balance, transparency, food/snacks, etc. This is a fantastic place to work at. The culture is amazing and the people supporting it are second to none. UT is genuinely one of the nicest companies you can work for because of the people. They pay well, they always think ahead and are extremely supportive of the employees. I've worked for companies large and small, old and really old. The experience I've had in my first few months at UT have changed my life. It's just a happy place to be at and you can feel it interacting with the other folks. From a longevity and success standpoint you can just feel the excitement both internally and from UTs customers about the product, the market and the fit. This company will go far, and I have no doubts it will do so in the right way. A LOT of the reviews on here are from the panelists (testers) - who aren't real UT employees. And even then - this is an assumption so take it with a grain of salt - they're the ones that lie to get paid for tests they don't qualify for. As for the other reviews - those from people who worked (or are working) here: they're entitled to their opinions. I just totally disagree with their views. The company responds to them on this channel so that should tell you the level to which UT cares, and its willingness to listen.

Cons

Its a high growth company. Things shift and change and with that comes uncertainty. I wont beat around the bush - its hard. A lot is asked of the employees and people need to be flexible enough to adapt to change which is a constant at a company at this stage. Benefits could be slightly better but I believe its at market compared to others. Lastly - tools/apps. Use way too many of them. Consolidate some of that.

8. "Fraud Company"

Former Employee - Tester in Bangalore

I worked at UserTesting part-time for less than a year

Pros

No Pros at all for this website

Cons

Out 100 probably you will get 1 test in a month and that too of $10. No proper guidelines from the company. Disgusting support agents.

9. COVID-19

"Failed Startup"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home Office Space Snacks, Benefits and Perks

Cons

This company has been around since 2007 and for 13 years still has not made any momentum. Competitors are already ruling the space but because of their "naming" convention they get more brand awareness. Honestly, I regret taking this job and I'm trying to explore other opportunities but COVID. I was lead on saying we have great leadership and everything but everyone is just a slave owner. No diversity at all. Core Values are trash, might as well put up a blank page and write whatever on it and call it a company.

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UserTesting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hot product in a hot market. Good for sales.

Cons

Rampant nepotism and racism. CRO only hires and promotes his white friends from Palo Alto. C level HR person responded to complaints about the lack of diversity by saying "I hired some beautiful black women down in Atlanta." Horrifying how ignorant they are.

UserTesting Response

Chief People Officer

Your note comes as quite a surprise to our team and we’re sorry your time at UserTesting didn’t work out. Our leadership and our employees are very proud of our company culture and the diversity of our team. The results of our recent employee survey (through Culture Amp, an anonymous 3rd party survey tool) show that 94% of folks at UserTesting would recommend the company to a friend as a great place to work. While we do have many referral hires, we’ve also actively diversified our workforce over the last two years. The majority of our growth has not come in the Bay Area, but mostly in Scotland, our Atlanta office, and in our remote employee group. During that time, we’ve also almost doubled our representation of African Americans in our U.S. workforce to 11% (near the 12.7% that is the U.S. general population). We’ve set and publicized a target internally of getting that group to be 15% of our team. We have also grown our diverse representation in leadership, but are holding ourselves accountable for doing even better. While the personal attacks and mischaracterization of statements in your post are unfair and inaccurate, we would still welcome the opportunity to talk to you about them. We work hard to be very transparent in what we do, how we do it, and why -- and if you thought we had these significant and abhorrent issues, you should have reached out to anyone on our executive team to discuss them. Any of us would make ourselves available, even now, to discuss your concerns and to try to understand your perspective.

Found 144 reviews