Urban Outfitters Seasonal Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Richard A. Hayne

"Its pretty good"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time

Pros

people are really nice. management is good.

Cons

hours can be frustrating. nothing else really

Urban Outfitters2019-09-17
  2. "Good company strong managers"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

the discount is really good, coworkers are nice.

Cons

not enough hours, over hire for seasonal but then no one gets to work.

Advice to Management

stop hiring too many people per season.

Urban Outfitters2019-05-17
  3. "great teen job"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time

Pros

fun company employee discount experience retail friendly casual dress code

Cons

bad management no learning how to do more to help out

Urban Outfitters2019-03-07
  4. "Cool Clothes, Hefty Discount"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discount- 40% all apparel, 25% home and beauty, 60% on three items a month PLUS employee appreciation three times a year (40% off everything including sale)

Cons

Stolen belongings, young (18-20) staff, can get clique-y if you're a new hire

Urban Outfitters2018-11-27

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Only pro is 40% off store discount

Cons

HORRIBLE management, manager yells at you in front of everyone, is unkind, and doesn't care about how unhealthy this workplace is. All of the manager plays favorites, employees are only kind to you if you are physically attractive. Extremely boring job, time goes by so slow. People constantly come into the store and sexually harass you and managers allow it to happen. This store should be shut down because of how... they treat their employees. Hours are horrible, typically 4 hours a week. They dont even tell you if they are keeping you on staff after seasonal position has ended, they just stop sending you the schedule.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, give better hours, stop playing favorites, don't bully others.

Urban Outfitters2018-10-16
  6. "Seasonal"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

- you get amazing discounts - you get to work with cool people - they are very understanding and flexible with schedule

Cons

- low pay -not enough hours

Urban Outfitters2018-04-07

"Part Time Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good employee discount. Autonomy - no one micromanages you. Helpful managers who are always willing to answer questions.

Cons

UO has a lot of merchandise, so it takes between 2-3 hours to close the store at night. Hard to make friends with the other employees as most of them have been there for a while.

Advice to Management

Less favoritism when it comes to scheduling your employees.

Urban Outfitters2017-11-27
  8. "Good place to work, still retail though"

Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Outfitters for more than a year

Pros

Generous employee discount, dress code is flexible, just requires you to be fashionable and while wearing the UO items is encouraged, it's not required. All in all not a bad job.

Cons

customers, not enough hours, irregular scheduling, retail. It was a seasonal position and they had hired like 60+ people, so we only got scheduled once a week. This resulted in a constant hunt for hours and monitoring emails for someone needing their shift covered. Out of the 60 or so people hired they only kept maybe a couple of us. Fellow seasonal coworkers were mostly nice, but some of the regular staff were... lukewarm.

Urban Outfitters2017-05-18

"Not worth the stress of bad management"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount on clothes, biannual employee appreciation discounts, coworkers are mostly friendly, employee events

Cons

Fast-paced environment created a lot of stress; Store Manager was passive aggressive and did not feel comfortable around her and created stress for employees

Advice to Management

Needs better people skills, more open communication and less passive aggressive tone/scolding to employees. Better management tactics are necessary compared to the other managers in the store.

Urban Outfitters2017-04-06

""Seasonal""

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount was good. Fair share of OK employees.

Cons

Horrible, snooty management. If you're a seasonal employee, you will only keep the job if you "fit in." It's cliquey and my coworkers didn't like me and I didn't even know why. I always felt like I wasn't 'cool' enough or 'talkative' enough or 'loud' enough or 'stylish' enough. Whenever I used my discount I got eyes rolled at. Was one out of 10 employees to get the boot after being a seasonal employee and it was... through a mass email. Didn't even have the courtesy to take 20 minutes to call us one by one to notify us that they no longer wanted to associate with us. Claim we were let go of because of 'payroll' -- again, if that were the case, why did you hire so many of us? (COUGH) SHALLOW (COUGH). Coworkers all around trash-talked each seasonal employee.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people for seasonal positions. If you're going to be judgmental don't hire people you don't wanna keep around. 10 dollars an hour for a 3 hour shift infuriated me, especially at the San Diego location I worked at. Pathetic excuse for management, the constant "I'm your superior, I don't need to befriend your peasantry" attitude is unnecessary. Stop making the same people do 'charity work'. Be... courteous of people who are taking their time to come to work. Some people take the trolley and/or have to pay for an uber to get to work. IF YOU WANT TO CUT A WORKER'S SHIFT, NOTIFY THEM! This place has no room to grow. Regular employees get one 7 hour shift a week. The only reason to work there would be for the discount, no other benefits at all.

Urban Outfitters2017-02-12