Found 13,760 of over 16K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible work from home policy (but it was never 'official' so I felt like it could go away at any moment.)" (in 957 reviews)
- "Flexible and good benefits in this job" (in 853 reviews)
- "good work life balance and typical consulting travel schedule" (in 747 reviews)
- "It’s great and pay is good" (in 733 reviews)
- "There's are a few great people but there just stuck and don't wanna move." (in 544 reviews)
- "Management is poor and ineffective." (in 698 reviews)
- "At least the good managers I've worked for believed that and it seemed to work for them... until they were run out." (in 305 reviews)
- "There is NO training and you need to figure it our on your own as you go." (in 257 reviews)
- "We have literally begged Senior Leadership for more help to reduce caseloads and improve compliance." (in 208 reviews)
- "Upper management is poor with a lot of VPs burning budgets and acting as dead weight." (in 206 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW23 Mar 2023National DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Company is big on work life balance and identifying areas where employees are encouraged to take the time needed to stay refreshed. Lots of opportunities for networking and career growth. Ability to participate in projects outside of work scope to build skillsets. Ever growing and fast passed environment.
Not a lot of opportunity to meet face to face with teammates if working in home environment. Big changes can take a lot of time in a big company. Some salaries are not in line with industry standards.1
- 5.027 May 2023Senior Appeals CoordinatorCurrent Employee
Great staff, Corporation, comfortable work environment, friendly cleaning and catering staff
distance from where I live
- 4.023 May 2022Principal Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDublin, Dublin
Salary and benefits. Relatively low stress depending on team.
Byzantine structure. Can feel overwhelming at times. Adaptation of new tech can take time. Niche and occasionally boring subject matter. Very old school corporate culture.
- 4.024 Oct 2021Senior Info Security EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
great team variety best practices a lot to learn
politics, delay in decisions delay in access to rewources
- 3.017 Aug 2021Senior Appeals RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDublin, Dublin
Job security, health insurance, left to do your own work, they train you on the company software
No clear career progression unless you want to be a supervisor or manager, some management cruising to retirement
- 1.017 Feb 2021Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLetterkenny
Good work life balance Great coffee machines Subsidised canteen Team events
A retirement home if you are technology oriented If you are into Cobol, Excel, Java or MS Access then this is the company for you HR practices when applying for promotion is suspect and deplorable at best The lack of technologies \ practices and processes would starve you I mentioned the SOLID principal once in a retrospective meeting and got laughed at by my manager Continious integration is overwriting files in folders2
- 5.06 Feb 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
So cliché but the culture at UHG is just amazing. You can see it all around you everyday being lived, it's not just words on a poster on the wall. Company has regular social/charity events to get employees building relationships, interacting, and giving back by holding charity events. It really starts from the top down, the senior leadership team really believe in upholding our values and making this company a great place to work - they really believe in their employees. I have always felt supported in my role, always felt like I have someone to go to if I need help and advice. Manager is very flexible with working hours, if I need to work at home due to family reasons it's understood.
Being part of a huge global company, sometimes it can be tricky working with colleagues and teams in other time zones. Sometimes there can be a feeling of disconnect from other global sites because of this, communication can sometimes be hard1UnitedHealth Group Response5y
Great advice and it is a important topic to think about as we grow and change. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! Annie W., Sr. Talent Community Manager. UnitedHealth Group
- 3.030 Jun 2016Medical Claims AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLetterkenny
After the initial trainee and probabtion period you can look forward to an increase in pay. They are quite flexible and understanding when it comes to childcare.
It takes ages for human resources to get things down as they are based in England. If its not gonna make the company money then its not a priority6
UnitedHealth Group Reviews FAQs
UnitedHealth Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 16,186 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at UnitedHealth Group to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
70% of UnitedHealth Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UnitedHealth Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.