Uber "riders" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Uber Employee Reviews about "riders"

Updated 12 Jan 2020

3.8
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
2,382 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes the app doesn't take me to the right location to pick up the riders(in 382 reviews)

• "Wear and tear on POV gets expensive(in 334 reviews)

Reviews about "riders"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Reality as a Uber Driver"

Former Freelancer - Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Your able to start and finish at your discretion. Tips

Cons

Don't know what rider looks like. Do not have photo to compare. You can have lame $3.00 trips. Some riders expect the red carpet. Some riders are unfriendly. Some riders smell.

Advice to Management

Drivers should earn more. They should have a visual of the person they are picking up. I feel that the company is sexist because they don't take into account of female drivers and being able to see what rider they are picking up via photo. They only protect the rider.

Uber2020-01-11
  2. "not a good job"

Former Freelancer - Driver in Brampton, ON

I worked at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility, no boss but riders are boss

Cons

rating system,,,,as uber drivers r not employee of uber ,do hey have right to ask ratings for drivers who r not employees of uber,,,,,,nasty riders,,,,

Advice to Management

zero

Uber2020-01-12
  3. "flexible, low pay, unappreciated"

Former Contractor - Uber Driver in Calgary, AB

I worked at Uber for less than a year

Pros

flexibility of work schedule and where to drive

Cons

too many drivers, often short trips, low pay, almost no passengers give tips, calculates to below minimum wage, unappreciative riders, some riders rate very harshly and unfairly, most riders who rate at all rate negatively, sometimes lots of driving around with no trips for up to an hour or more, unreasonable expectations to keep a rating above 4.6 or be "fired", support is often mediocre and / or they give form letter replies that don't make sense or answer the question or issue, phone support is not local, expensive costs (gas, cleaning, car inspections, abstract, higher insurance cost, class 4 drivers licence), expensive and nitpicky drivers licence road test. Uber seems to favour the passengers far above the drivers. Uber changed the fees to a flat fee, which does not allow for traffic or extra time to get into a high volume venue (such as a hockey game or concert), so the driver has to waste time and gas on sometimes short trips and not be compensated for their extra cost and time

Advice to Management

increase pay rate, limit drivers allowed to drive at the same time, value drivers more

Uber2019-12-14
  4. "Everything for them"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Wappingers Falls, NY

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Rather than begging in the street, you have a job.

Cons

For small town and rural area, this is a abuse for driver. Rider paying much cheaper now what they used to pay before 20 years. Uber keeping 40-50% what rider paying. Very low millage and time rate. Most of the ride are one way, After your all cost, there is no way, you can make minimum hourly. Destination set never work. You never know where rider going until you take them and start driving. May be they will take you to NYC and you have to come back with empty car or you are out of driving time.

Advice to Management

Riders are willing to pay more. Rate should be higher. pay should be start from 0 mile and 0 hour. Driver should know the destination before the accept the rider. Rural area, small town should have higher rate than city, because less option.

Uber2019-12-27
  5. "Good company"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Hyderābād

I have been working at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

Uber is a multi national company this company have a good market agrigetor we have good market we can provide more 1000 rider jobs

Cons

Uber BYKE rider can earn 15k to 20k

Advice to Management

Good service u r provaiding

Uber2019-11-15
  6. "Great gap job."

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Working own hours. Meeting cool people.

Cons

Occasional sketchy rider. Uber eats base doesn’t pay enough.

Advice to Management

Change the pay plan for Uber Eats to include travel distance to the restaurant.

Uber2019-11-09

"Worse Experience Ever"

Former Freelancer - Uber Driver in Toledo, OH

I worked at Uber for more than a year

Pros

There is nothing positive about this job.

Cons

Do Not Do This Job! You will regret it. I did this for a year and I had drunks throw up in my car, drown bottle, cans, liquids in my car, try to smoke in my car, do drugs in my car, put their feet on my dash, slam the doors and abuse my car. It is the worst job you will ever do. I washed and vacuumed my car daily before driving, waded it weekly, had waters, charge cords, satellite music and iTunes, the works. I had everything to make the experience professional and enjoyable. The problem is, the people who utilize this service, are garbage for the most part. They think that you are their slave and that they can do whatever they want in your car, including having open containers of alcohol and drugs! If you try and stop them, they give you a 1 star retaliatory rating and Uber DOES NOT SUPPORT OR BACK UP THEIR DRIVERS AT ALL! Not one bit. This is even with the 2 high resolution cameras I have in my vehicle, which provided PROOF of rider behaviors, threats, insults, and damaging actions towards me and my vehicle. I'm not kidding. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO THIS FRAUD OF A JOB! Uber is a joke and a scam. Period.

Advice to Management

Drop dead. You are all crooks and liars.

Uber2019-12-06
  8. "Uber Perks"

Current Freelancer - Rideshare Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Different tiers and status with increased perks

Cons

Charge the rider a heft service charge in more than 50% of rides and give you 1/3-1/2 of the fare.

Advice to Management

Pay us for the distance traveled to pick up a rider.

Uber2019-10-14
  9. "Contractor/Driver"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Uber for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, immediate payouts, meeting new people, learning the city and its places

Cons

In app and 1-800 customer service is a JOKE (they do not seem to be able to reason beyond a script), Pool rides do not pay enough and the chemistry of riders is hit or miss, picking up Express Pool riders are a complete headache, rides do not pay as much as when Uber FIRST launched in Atlanta.

Advice to Management

Please provide SKILLED training to your in app and 1-800 CSR. It is absolutely frustrating dealing with them! Instead of trying to provide all of these "carrots" to drivers, just pay like you USED to, when you FIRST launched in Atlanta (80/20 for those prior to January 2016). Enough with all of the SELFIES!!! You are going WAAAY overboard with this security screenings. If you see that a driver has been driving for several hours or even months or years, why repeatedly ask for a selfie?? This interferes with being able to drive, as the app often does not recognize the driver. Therefore, it does not make sense to even use that feature, since it does not properly work! You should be more adjusted and learn to value the ones who HELP to put and keep UBER on the map! DO BETTER!

Uber2019-10-26
  10. "Hard work, inconsistent pay"

Former Freelancer - Uber Eats Rider in York, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Uber for more than 3 years

Pros

Good exercise - keeps you fit. Possible to earn over £100 a day, especially in winter

Cons

Too many riders, quiet days can mean barely scraping £5/hour - well under minimum wage, but as far as Uber are concerned you're self employed so that's your problem

Uber2019-10-24