USAA Real Estate Reviews

Updated 25 Feb 2020

3.8
USAA Real Estate President & CEO Len O'Donnell  (no image)
Len O'Donnell
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Summer Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, many different departments could possibly work in, good training

Cons

none can think of

2. "Honest review"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Over worked, no room for advancement, pay is lower then industry average

October 21, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest feedback, which is always valued. Based on your title, it is important to clarify that this review is intended for the real estate group within the parent company, USAA. It is not tied to the wholly-owned subsidiary, USAA Real Estate (which does not have this title in its organization). USAA Real Estate is focused on commercial real estate investment and is located across the highway from USAA's main campus. For those interested in learning more about USAA Real Estate, we encourage you to visit our website at https://www.usrealco.com/.

3. "Great company, great people great culture"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People there are really down to earth, all great people. Benefits are good. the senior managements are very approachable.

Cons

Salary is a bit lower than the market but I heard they changed the base and the bonus structure so now it must be better...

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are all very nice and there are smart people.

Cons

Sometimes, it is hard to figure out the right strategy.

"Good company but not for middle of career roles"

Former Employee - Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

- Some of the best and brightest in the industry work for USAA Real Estate - Amazing opportunity to work on high-quality assets - Employees exhibit honor and integrity in their work. Doing "the right thing" is the best thing. - Higher than industry average bonuses, but often lower than industry average base pay to offset.(San Antonio cost of living is used as justification) - Amazing compensation potential depending on title. Senior Director and above is where this is realized. - Majority of employees have a great work/life balance

Cons

- Very top heavy organization. Depending on department typical employees have 8-10 "bosses". - Minimal difference in responsibility between Analyst and Director. Tenure at the company is more a differentiator. -Slow moving organization reflected in promotions. 2-4 years in a role before moving up with few exceptions. - Culture more focused on process than performance. - Employees, including veterans, do not have Veterans Day off. Puzzling for an organization centered around service members.

"Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Rotational Analyst

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

Rotational program gives you insights into many different sides of business and allows for a learning environment. Great people and San Antonio is a great town to make your life.

Cons

program is short-term in nature and the order of departments you go through can be luck of the draw.

"Great place with awesome people"

I have been working at USAA Real Estate part-time

Pros

The pay is amazing. All holidays off. 10 days of paid time off

Cons

No gym to workout in. No place to watch children (no daycare).

August 16, 2018HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are proud to be able to show how we value our employees through our compensation structure, holidays, paid time off, as well as many other avenues. We recognize 10 company holidays each year in addition to the ability to accrue paid time off. We do offer the use of a small fitness center to our employees, however it is detached from our building. The fitness center has treadmills, free weights, elliptical machines, bicycles, stretching machines, locker rooms and showers. For those who prefer not to use this facility we offer the opportunity to sign up for a membership with a local gym at a discounted rate. If you'd like to learn more about these or any other benefits, we encourage you to visit with one of your HR representatives. For those interested in more of the benefits we have to offer, we encourage you to visit our careers site at https://usaarealestatecareers.com/careers/benefits/.

"Great place for starting, middle, and end career in commercial real estate."

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

Excellent Sense of purpose; great people. Upper management is not too remote (if you are polite and understand the right setting you can ask most folks questions); Excellent benefits and compensation, particularly for San Antonio

Cons

its growing fast, can be clique-ish. Annual review depends heavily on how your managers and peers "feel". For example, if they have low expectations of you, it is easier to exceed expectations. These expectations change based on manager.

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing benefits and good pay

Cons

favoritism, outdated software, system freezes often, many in management are not mortgage professionals

November 9, 2017HR Generalist

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave information, however, we want to clarify for others visiting this page that this employee is employed by our parent company, USAA, rather than by USAA Real Estate, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of USAA and does not have an office in Phoenix, AZ. We encourage any who would like to learn more about our company to visit our webpage at www.usrealco.com and utilize our contact page (https://www.usrealco.com/contactUs/default.aspx) for any questions or outreach that you'd like to conduct.

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for less than a year

Pros

USAA is an amazing place to work for. Our CEO really cares about the overall status of his employees health, financial and education. The benefits are amazing

Cons

We have a metrics that worth about 70 percent of your score card and it based on your member feelings.

December 28, 2017HR Generalist

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave information, however, we want to clarify for others visiting this page that this employee is employed by our parent company, USAA, rather than by USAA Real Estate, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of USAA and does not have an office in Tampa, FL. We encourage any who would like to learn more about our company to visit our webpage at www.usrealco.com and utilize our contact page (https://www.usrealco.com/contactUs/default.aspx) for any questions or outreach that you'd like to conduct.

Found 23 reviews