TutorABC Reviews

Updated 6 Jul 2020

3.1
Pros
Cons
  • "1000 a South African consultant would have to teach 352 hours in a month 14 hours a day where as an american consultant earning a base rate of(in 116 reviews)

• "Low pay is the only negative side(in 81 reviews)

"Excellent Flexible Company"

I have been working at TutorABC

Pros

1) Flexible schedule 2) Transparent payment system 3) Wonderfull clients eager to learn 4) No micro management...be on time, do a great job and you are left to work peacefully 5) Schedulers very accommodating to changes (although they do take some time to answer you!)

Cons

1) No incentive to clients to rate class....please consider making it compulsory if they want to see their own feedback 2) Scheduled classes being pulled or added last minute. Meaning you have gaps with no lessons on even worse...lessons with no time to prepare. 3) Communication is VERY slow. ..both on chat and community centre. Can take upto a week for an email response!

Continue reading

"My experiences with TutorABC from perspective of a 22 year old"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at TutorABC full-time for less than a year

Pros

TutorABC is a reliable and innovative employer. I am one of the younger consultants on the site(22) and I have greatly enjoyed my time with the company. I have been working there for slightly over a month and I have been able to conduct around 90 sessions. I have had around 90% of my sessions scheduled. The IT support that TutorABC provides is top notch, the majority of the lesson plans are excellent whilst the students are a pleasure to teach. In addition, TutorABC allows you great flexibility and is extremely transparent when it comes to salary. TutorABC provides a payroll window that is updated every lesson which includes the exact amount of money that is owed to you both bonuses and base rate. The payment is made through a wire transfer which I received on the same day on which the transfer was supposed to be made. Moreover, the communication center which TutorABC provides is efficient and you can expect answers to most of your queries within 24 hours. I strongly recommend TutorABC to all young people looking for similar employment.

Cons

On some occasions teaching three or more sessions in a row becomes a challenge as schedulers might change the lesson plan of a session two or three hours before the session. The problem becomes that you would have around ten minutes to prepare for that lesson as the rest of the time will be spent on other sessions and progress reports.

Continue reading

3. "Great company to work for"

River Island Stockroom Assistant in Letterkenny

I have been working at TutorABC

Pros

Very professional with good support for teachers. Very easy to start working for them. They even give you bonuses if you get good ratings from students.

Cons

None at all. No complains

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at TutorABC full-time

Pros

flexibility is the only pro

Cons

one of the worst companies

"Not good"

Current Employee - Teacher in Eu

I have been working at TutorABC part-time

Pros

This company does not have a lot of pros

Cons

They have a lot of cons. Would not rec this company

"Great for Those Who Adjust to the System"

4.0
    Current Employee - English As A Second Language Teacher in Taunton, England

I have been working at TutorABC part-time

Pros

My classes and schedule were almost always full. The company paid me fully and on time every month. The students were mixed and the curriculum was generally okay.

Cons

This is a large company. If you don't adjust to the system, then you will be penalized by the algorithms.

"Free materials"

2.0
    Former Employee - Online Teacher in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at TutorABC full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy and the student can be fun.

Cons

Low salary and often want more dedicated time

8. "Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at TutorABC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible job with good pay.

Cons

Feedback can be difficult to get in a timely manner.

9. "Very good"

I worked at TutorABC part-time

Pros

A lot of student always fully booked, Good materials, platform easy to operate . Free live training. Good company!!

Cons

Low salary, over all good

"Something Wrong"

I worked at TutorABC part-time

Pros

Things used to be different.

Cons

I always thought the student rating system was quite unfair. They just sent me a dismissal letter and won't reply to any of my messages. My ratings are high though if they expect 9.5 or better over 200 sessions, that's impossible. I think they are trying to weed out the veteran teachers who actually know how to teach grammar.

Found 664 reviews