TutorABC Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

TutorABC Reviews

Updated 9 Sep 2019

3.1
Pros
Cons
  • "Base rate to low and if you don’t get feedback no extra(in 115 reviews)

• "Low pay is the only negative side(in 81 reviews)

"Excellent Flexible Company"

I have been working at TutorABC

Pros

1) Flexible schedule 2) Transparent payment system 3) Wonderfull clients eager to learn 4) No micro management...be on time, do a great job and you are left to work peacefully 5) Schedulers very accommodating to changes (although they do take some time to answer you!)

Cons

1) No incentive to clients to rate class....please consider making it compulsory if they want to see their own feedback 2) Scheduled classes being pulled or added last minute. Meaning you have gaps with no lessons on even worse...lessons with no time to prepare. 3) Communication is VERY slow. ..both on chat and community centre. Can take upto a week for an email response!

Advice to Management

Please review the rating system. I have a 9.9 average but can complete lessons with 6 students and only get the basic pay...very disheartening. Reduce class sizes 4 max.... is way to much and students suffer!

TutorABC2017-05-22

"My experiences with TutorABC from perspective of a 22 year old"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at TutorABC full-time for less than a year

Pros

TutorABC is a reliable and innovative employer. I am one of the younger consultants on the site(22) and I have greatly enjoyed my time with the company. I have been working there for slightly over a month and I have been able to conduct around 90 sessions. I have had around 90% of my sessions scheduled. The IT support that TutorABC provides is top notch, the majority of the lesson plans are excellent whilst the students are a pleasure to teach. In addition, TutorABC allows you great flexibility and is extremely transparent when it comes to salary. TutorABC provides a payroll window that is updated every lesson which includes the exact amount of money that is owed to you both bonuses and base rate. The payment is made through a wire transfer which I received on the same day on which the transfer was supposed to be made. Moreover, the communication center which TutorABC provides is efficient and you can expect answers to most of your queries within 24 hours. I strongly recommend TutorABC to all young people looking for similar employment.

Cons

On some occasions teaching three or more sessions in a row becomes a challenge as schedulers might change the lesson plan of a session two or three hours before the session. The problem becomes that you would have around ten minutes to prepare for that lesson as the rest of the time will be spent on other sessions and progress reports.

Advice to Management

Encourage students even more to provide their feedback.

TutorABC2017-05-15
  3. "Great company to work for"

River Island Stockroom Assistant in Letterkenny

I have been working at TutorABC

Pros

Very professional with good support for teachers. Very easy to start working for them. They even give you bonuses if you get good ratings from students.

Cons

None at all. No complains

TutorABC2017-05-20

"assistant manager"

I worked at TutorABC full-time

Pros

They provided average higher salary than other local company.

Cons

The work is stressful and many politics.

TutorABC2019-09-09
  5. "Doesn't recomment"

Former Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at TutorABC part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to meet and interact with different students everyday. Most of them are quite attentive in class and shows motivation when learning English.

Cons

The pay is quite low for the amount of work you have to pay through. Also, there was little to no communication within staff of the company. Seems like they care a lot more about their students than their teachers.

Advice to Management

Treat you teachers properly with respect. I had an average of 9.8 rating while working at TutorABC yet I was mistreated most of the time.

TutorABC2019-08-31
  6. "job review"

Former Employee - Academic Tutor in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at TutorABC part-time for more than a year

Pros

love to work as a tutor in ABC and

Cons

not too much working hours for me

TutorABC2019-07-27

"I think its a Good company"

Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at TutorABC part-time

Pros

Nice,flexible,an experience,Good company,easy to go by

Cons

slow process,maybe low pay,but really no cons

TutorABC2019-07-16

"I love them but hate them."

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at TutorABC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great students and great pay. I did 15-20 classes a day a lot of times. I was able to leave the USA and move to Europe to study for my masters.

Cons

This is not a company you can depend on. They will drop you like a bad habit at any time given. I was recently let go due to my 6 absence within six months. However, I was absent from my last few classes due to the weather. You are allowed to cancel the class but they can also reject you which happened to me before. The day they fired me I had tech issues that I warned them about earlier. I missed one class and they suspended my account and but asked me to work the class they couldn't fill. I assumed they would be able to help me with my issues after that class since I was doing them more of the favor at that point. NO! They were very rude and dismissive. Now I see why they are always hiring. The turnover rate is massive and now everyone is a recruiter only to be replaced whenever someone feels like it.

Advice to Management

Please start implementing better policies. Someone that worked for your company for about 3 years and worked every day supporting classes at 10-15 hours a day should not be let go so easily. I love this company however it's was very immoral to fire me for this and then ask me to teach a class and then officially let me go.

TutorABC2019-07-26

"Great place"

Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at TutorABC part-time

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Pay could be better, but fine for parttime work.

TutorABC2019-06-24
  10. "Flexible hours - Hard work though"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TutorABC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours Good interface Lots of communication

Cons

Low rates Bit pushy Demos are intense

TutorABC2019-07-16