Ticketmaster Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Jul 2020

4.2
Ticketmaster Presidents Jared Smith and Mark Yovich
Jared Smith and Mark Yovich
Pros
  • "Casual and flexible work environment including work from home/remote opportunities(in 51 reviews)

• "Outstanding work/life balance for a tech organization of this caliber(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some teams tend to work late hours so not always the best work life balance but the flexible schedules and ability to work remote balances out(in 23 reviews)

• "Long hours and trips can be wearing but worth it(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place for Work and Learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I began my journey at Ticketmaster as a Junior web developer 6 years back. I am now working as the Team leader in the tech department. During my time here I have worked across teams and departments varying between web designing and other technical aspects. It has been a learning experience altogether and my knowledge on various technologies has only expanded over the time. The workplace environment at Ticketmaster promotes growth of the employees both professionally and individually. The company lets you work as per your convenience which is the biggest plus point, I feel. We have flexible working hours. This helps us in maintaining good work-life balance. The company has grown manifold since the last 6 years. They have build their infrastructure to accommodate the growing number of employees and in doing so they have redecorated the entire workspace, giving it a more lively vibe. Ticketmaster sure knows how to take care of its employees, be it through lively interiors or good appraisals ;)

Cons

Nothing as such . . .

2. "Great Place To Work!!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

1. The workplace environment is great. 2. Suggestions from the employees are taken seriously. 3. Great infrastructure 4. Work-from-home policy well in place 5. Appreciative and supportive management 6. Transparency is a key factor among the employees and management 7. Non political environment 8. Good work life balance 9. Great initiatives taken by HR team to have different kind of activities on every Wednesday, called as 0:00 hour

Cons

1. We work a lot with on-site developer teams but don't get a lot of opportunities to travel on-site and work with those teams which I believe should be made regular for better team collaboration. 2. New employee on-boarding process and guidance needs improvement 3. Need for induction process for individual teams to make functioning smoother 4. Even though Ticketmaster provides external soft skills' training, there's need for external tech training as well.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting sector great benefits and work life balance

Cons

No cons I can think of

4. COVID-19

"A surprisingly solid tech company"

Former Employee - Principal Architect in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company with 40 years experience building complex distributed systems. The undisputed market leader in the industry. Some very seasoned engineers, scientists, and business leaders in prominent positions. You can solve problems at very large scale and have very good support and mentorship to get you there. Outstanding work/life balance for a tech organization of this caliber.

Cons

40 years of tech debt and the associated culture is a lot to untangle, but I believe they do have the right leadership to tackle it. Business got hit really hard by COVID and not hiring now. Business has reputation for being the bad guy, much of which is unfairly promulgated by rivals.

Continue reading

"Get your experience and then move on to better things."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

Fun office vibe. Talented people working there. Most people are nice. Dog-friendly office which was fun. Generally good work/life balance. It's busy but I never felt like I had to stay late too many times.

Cons

There are two types of employees at Ticketmaster. Those who work there for 1-2 years, get sick of it, then leave. Then those who suck up and continually getting promoted so they'll never leave despite not being very good leaders. The first type were the cool people who I enjoyed working with. The second type are the reason I left. They promote people to management roles who clearly don't want to manage. I think this is the company's biggest downfall. Talented people keep leaving because their managers don't know what they're doing and/or actively don't like the people managing aspect of the job. The people in senior leadership roles seem to care more about garnering clout with one another than being real leaders. They're also just not very helpful most of the time and it can cause people to be anxious. You hired talented and bright people, let them flourish instead of stifling them. Pay and benefits are below industry average. Another reason people tend to get their experience and then leave. Promotions and pay raises are hard to come by for anyone who isn't already at the top. Seems like those people get promoted every 6 months...

Continue reading
  6. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible benefits package which gets better every year thanks to internal surveys and follow through Casual and flexible work environment including work from home/remote opportunities Dynamic business where there is always something new and interesting to work on Progressive company dedicated to diversity and inclusion of all employees Management at every level actively work to communicate company objectives and engage employees. They also seem to genuinely care about work/life balance.

Cons

No cons that come to mind. I am always looking for red flags and I haven't seen any yet.

7. "Good Environment"

Current Employee - 3D Artist in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am Team Lead in the 3D VV department at Ticketmaster and it has been 7 years since I started working here. Over the years, I feel the workplace environment has really evolved and for the better! The work pressure is fairly less and there is good work-life balance. The senior management is very encouraging and appreciates our efforts. In fact, all my seniors are easily approachable and they are always open to having discussions. The Game zone is another great thing about Tickermaster - I love taking frequent breaks to refresh myself and get back to work all energetic!

Cons

The only downside of my job here is that deadlines pop up last minute at times but that is something very common throughout the industry.

8. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Think of the company as a huge anthill where every individual matters and has the possibility to grow and achieve great things! - The management is truly looking after its employees and will always be there to support, guide and help you grow. You feel valuable. - Sharing is caring - Your peers have several years of experience and are very knowledgeable; thanks to communication tools and a peer-to-peer recognition program Ticketmaster enforces the collaboration between people within the company and builds up a strong uplifting company culture. - Broaden your horizon - You get to work for one of the largest ticketing provider which gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, from entertainment, to arts, and sports. - While facing unexpected situations at times due to the nature of the ticketing world, the company and management puts a lot of effort in ensuring it offers a proper work-life balance to its employees.

Cons

- There are a lot of different platforms, it may be challenging to learn and feel efficient during the first months. Patience is key.

9. "Great Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people Fun Exciting Progressive Innovative

Cons

At times the culture Little work life balance

10. "Music Makes the World Go Round"

Former Employee - Editor

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible time and good work life balance

Cons

Little room for growth and raises

Found 69 reviews