Cover image for Tenable
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Tenable Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 21 Jun 2021

Found 18 of over 449 reviews

4.0
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran
Pros
  • "Good team, work life balance etc(in 27 reviews)

• "Good company to work for overall, excellent work environment, benefits and events(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is growing fast and priorities shift(in 22 reviews)

• "Tenable use to have a great reputation for their company culture(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic hard working team, great opportunities for career progression; WFH flexibility

21 Jun 2021 - Director, Technical Support in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous share programme; generous bonus scheme; increased headcount for 2021 for TS; WFH flexibility; Tech support in Dublin is a hardworking, professional support team. We will be working from home on a flexible basis post-covid to allow a good home-work balance. Inclusive company culture. We have a fantastic training programme to prepare new hires for handling customer cases on all our Tenable products.

Cons

Short staffed - but we are hiring!!

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

A new low

15 Jan 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, location, work from home, office

Cons

Toxic culture after from management. To have any sort of career you need to be prepared for fear to be instilled into you and never challenge anything the management says. You are being forced into participating with overtime because of the unmanageable workload as it was said that the overtime attendance will be scrutinized. Overtime attendance scrutinized? Really? Is that allowed? Employees that are not proficient are given admin roles instead of training and development being provided. There were people brought into meetings and told that they need to sever all ties with their colleagues/friends if they want to progress in the company. This is such an archaic, backward way of thinking for a company that portrays such a forward way of thinking and from the outside it prides itself on fairness and equality. The need to micromanage is so prevalent in this company that it is having a detrimental effect on its employees and forcing them to look elsewhere. There is a hugely increasing the workload on the few people who are trying to stick it out and hope that things will change. Internal positions are already decided before the interview happen. This wastes everybody’s time and it totally unfair on the people who want to be given a fair chance The employees who speak up or try to have any say in their roles and development are being forced out the door to make way for the “yes sir” culture. This approach is so backward and outdated. So, if you want an awful experience, a fearful environment and huge workload with no career progression then Tenable is the place for you.

23 people found this review helpful
    3. Join the Tenable team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Incredible Office

1 Nov 2017 - R&D in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office in great location and has incredible view. Relaxed atmosphere. Talented and friendly staff. Good Salary Great technology and start up mentality. Working from home part of culture.

Cons

Company growing very fast so some processes not in place.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

All good

2 Sep 2017 - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good feel - Benefits - Salary - Work from home - Cool office - Great opportunities - Flexible - Current management very friendly and helpful - Good inter-departmental relations - Rewarded for hard work - Cool events and social nights - Even new employees get to become part of the recruitment process

Cons

Very few if I'm totally honest The company still very young which can lead to rash decisions and changes from management on systematical changes which can be frustrating. Sometimes workload can be unrealistic.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

9 Mar 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Tenable. You'll have many opportunities to learn and grow. There is always someone who can address any question you have. Great benefits and I felt the pay was fair for the job. Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk.

Cons

I would have liked to have been able to work from home exclusively (for me a big con was the commute). Otherwise, the workload in Tech Support can be a bit crazy at times, but that mostly comes with the territory. My only real complaint is that they don't pay out PTO when you leave, so make sure to use up as much as you can before departing! (Hopefully they'll change that policy).

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company to work for with continuing growth ahead!

29 Jan 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Tenable as a TSE for close to a year, coming directly out of School with a Bachelors Degree in I.T. Tenable has been a really interesting and fun place to work. There is always a new challenge and I find myself learning and expanding my knowledge of I.T. everyday at work. Colleagues and management are extremely helpful in day to day operations. There are always available avenues to ask for help when needed. They start new employees off with an in-depth training program to learn the various Products. Pay and Benefits are stellar, I have also enjoyed the opportunity to work from home. Overall I have really had an overwhelmingly positive experience working at Tenable so far, highly recommended.

Cons

There can be some stressfull moments, particularly when first starting to take tickets, but it dissipates as a workflow is developed and Product Knowledge is expanded. The ability to get help so easily is also a stress reliever on a day to day basis.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work/Life Balance and Opportunities for growth

22 Jan 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance - Opportunities to work from home and prioritize personal and family life. Numerous opportunities for professional development and growth. The work we do gets noticed and recognition is given. Management team that cares about your success - Excellent manager to employee ratios, frequent one on one meetings, quick to address employee concerns. Their goal is for us to succeed and give us the tools and mentoring we need to succeed. Tenable Support is frequently called out by the upper level management for the incredible work we do and is recognized throughout the company for its contributions.

Cons

I can't think of any. I love my job and can't wait to come to work every day.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Technical Support Engineer Review

13 Sep 2019 - Technical Support Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern and vibrant office, height adjustable desks. You get to work with some really good and knowledgeable people, friendly and helpful Sydney based team. Free fruit offered, espresso machines and beer keg are a plus. Close to public transport, gyms, Coles, cafes, food courts and JB Hi-Fi. Flexibility to work from home if required. Great pay and employee perks including health cover. Additional sick leave provided.

Cons

Constant pressure in Support can be quite overwhelming at times especially with the company growing so fast.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A growing company full of great engineers

25 Jul 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is one that pushes for continued learning & growth by encouraging attendance at a conference of your choosing each year and hosting internal sessions like a weekly blog club. This is one of the few companies embracing a highly distributed model, allowing many engineers to work from home. There is a high bar for passing the interview, so if you make it in, you'll be working with some smart folks who will challenge you to become a better engineer. Compensation and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Tenable is a rapidly growing company, so be willing to accept change. As far as I can tell, management is great about helping in any way they can to help engineers with these changes and give them as much freedom as possible.

11. 5.0

A Company That Cares About Paving Your Path to Success

13 May 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company for under a year and I can already see myself working for Tenable for the long haul. The people are incredibly kind and everyone looks to build one another up. I feel my team's true and good intentions to help me succeed and most importantly, succeed as a part of my department. We have fun and joke with one another, but hold each other accountable for our own individual efforts. The company culture is fantastic and I feel like I can come to my job everyday feeling valued, appreciated, and respected. Great benefits, moving into new headquarters soon, flexible work from home if needed depending on your role/manager

Cons

Some people work 100% remote so it can be tough to connect with colleagues, but we use Zoom video conferencing and Slack to communicate quickly!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews