What people are saying about Tenable
I'm currently interviewing with a few companies for product marketing roles. I'm looking for opinions/insight about the companies: Tenable, Esri, & HG Insights. From my research, they all seem to be great companies so I'd love to hear other people's opinions and advice.
Got a burning question about Tenable? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tenable employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved." (in 50 reviews)
- "Tenable has a great culture and those that immerse themselves in their work and make connections across the organization seem to flourish." (in 36 reviews)
- "Great people." (in 31 reviews)
- "Kings of vulnerability management and good salaries + stocks" (in 21 reviews)
- "Free snacks, Work from home benefits , overtime pay, Good pay rates, Great collegues to work who are highly motivated." (in 18 reviews)
- "There are a few good apples, but ownership and upper management consistently make poor hiring decisions, choosing leadership that is more interested in 'CYA' than the growth and development of its workforce." (in 9 reviews)
- "Communication from the C" (in 7 reviews)
- "Slow ramp up period for sales reps, training is average to ramp up quickly." (in 5 reviews)
- "Don't turn down other opportunities waiting on something good coming from HQ, huge turnover and layoffs abound here." (in 4 reviews)
- "Director level management and above is severely lacking." (in 4 reviews)
Found 71 of over 514 reviews
Updated 14 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "company is growing"Return to all Reviews
- 5.025 Feb 2016Anonymous InternCurrent Intern
CEO is great and really cares about the employees. Company culture is relaxed and not too stressful.
Pay is not as high as some other placs but is made up for by the pros of workign here.
- 5.014 Mar 2019Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbia, MD
- Mature products (Nessus, SecurityCenter/Tenable.sc, LCE) - High achieving and knowledgeable engineers - Experienced lower management - Supportive lower management - Benefits exceed Big N companies (slightly above-average salary, top 1% health insurance, above average vision and dental insurance, insane amount of PTO, work from home flexibility, generous stock plans, generous grants, partial tuition reimbursement, some discounts on major retailers) - Opportunity for growth (software engineers) - Excellent hardware for developers - Innovation Day (1 day a sprint to contribute to your team's product with what you think could improve the customer's experience) - Excellent company hackathon-vacation (INIT) - Engineers get 1 paid conference to attend anywhere in the world (management approval) - Abundance of parking spots - Abundance of snacks, coffee, lattes, etc - Abundance of catered food budget - Excellent area with high quality restaurants and nearby food options for lunch - New building soon in 2020
- Extremely complex software not for the faint of heart - Lack of spaces for developers to brainstorm and peer-code - Not enough fun things to do when taking coding breaks - Lack of whiteboards and whiteboard walls for engineers - High expectations for features (some feature bloating) - Frequent upper management changes - No Wikipedia page for our multi-billion dollar company (like, seriously?) - Video game collection is lacking17
- 5.030 Jun 2017Customer Success ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
• Startup culture even for well established company • Relaxed atmosphere • Competitive Salary • Medical and Dental Benefits • Performance is rewarded • Training provided in US HQ • Full team takes part in new hire on-boarding • Tight camaraderie from all regional teams even when members are remote • Great team Spirit • Clear opportunity based targets • Huge growth and opportunities • Games/TV room for breaks • Free hot drinks
Where do I start. • I think I have repetitive stress syndrome from raising and lowering my Electric Standing Desk. No-one ever offered to assist me. • People got too good at PlayStation, I spend most of my lunch hours being destroyed at FIFA, I think some of them purchased the game to play at home for this sole purpose. Scum. My confidence is at an all-time low. • This wonderful new office has made me quite cocky when I tell people where I work. It's not a version of me that I like. • The convenient central location of the office comes at a cost. I look like a daddy long legs on a bicycle during my commute. • There are at least 4 coffee shops within a 100 metre radius of the office. I hate coffee. • Everyone is really helpful, friendly and welcoming here. SO creepy. • There are showers in the bathrooms. Bring your own towel though cos I had to drip dry twice, wasted 3 minutes there. • Regular and healthy snacks provided???? So it's guilt or obesity? I don't appreciate mind games. • Each employee's birthday is celebrated with gifts and food. I want to feel this special every day. This is not the case. • Frequent team building activities. My teammates in the escape rooms challenge were less than helpful. • A guy from Tech support told me to shut up once (clearly doesn't appreciate the BANTS). I think he's leaving now • Someone tried to learn an instrument in the office once. They've gone now. • Someone asked for a nap room once. They've gone now.37Tenable Response7y
Hi there fellow Tenable employee! We’re glad to hear that you are having such a positive experience at “Amenable NeatWork Security,” and we hope we continue to provide a great work environment . However, we’d like to address some of your concerns that you’ve listed as “Cons”: -I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from repetitive stress syndrome as a result of your standing desk struggles. I’d suggest taking the manual’s advice and plug the desk in…this should alleviate your pain. -Perhaps if you Dublin folks lay off the Guinness…you’ll be better at FIFA…give it a try ;) -With regards to the Escape Room…I’ve heard that an employee accidentally locked themselves in a utility closet rather than the designated escape room. Was this you? If so, this may be why they were less than helpful…(It also sounds like maybe they left you there on purpose) All jokes set aside...Thanks for the clever review! :)
- 2.010 Mar 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Tenable is a great place to work. The CEO definitely cares about the company and the products. The culture at the company is great, very relaxed and friendly. The benefits are good and there are many company events to try to get employees involved. The goals and outlook for the company is great and product line for a software company is amazing.
Many of the employees are overworked and under paid for that amount of work that each person is required to do. The lack of understanding of what balance is, is an understatement. Upper management pushes and pushes for more but at the same time require employees to meet crazy metrics. Technical support is the one of the biggest complaint, not at the employees in that team, but the management of that team. There are many sales position open but literally none of the positions are for technical support. The rate the company is growing in sales are not adding up to the amount of support needed. The company stress on how great the products are and how subscription requires customers to like the product so they would renew. What they fail to see is the amount of work required from the technical perspective versus the amount of people who support the products. The refusal or complete negligence of the idea that support is the reason customers renew is just infuriating. They need to review and evaluate their goals as a company. The lack of resources given to the technical support to the abundance of resources given to other departments makes it seem that the company no longer values the products and quality.10
- 4.020 Jul 2022Data AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Competitive compensation Challenging work Massive company growth--opportunity to contribute to these projects Super nice office
Some managers have micromanaging moments--sending double slacks with "?" if you don't respond quickly (15 min) Slack can be the worst app ever--connects to your phone, and they can message you after hours. It's hard to truly disconnect when working remote Some departments are growing really quickly, but the org chart isn't organized. They plan to bring in new hires to lighten the load of others, but end up just creating new projects and leaving older employees with massive loads.
- 3.018 Oct 2022MarketingFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsColumbia, MD
Tenable is an excellent company that bends over backwards to address competitive pay, benefits, training and diversity. Best I have seen to date. Products perform well and the company has a large customer base from all verticals and at all sizes. Their name is stellar in the industry and the company takes the moral high ground wherever mudslinging happens. They truly try to put the customer first in all aspects. This is very much due to having Amit Yoran there in addition to some key leaders he hand picked. Truly the best in the business.
The company is at risk touch in two distinct ways: (a) Acquisitions are important. But the amount of them were too quick without a real strategy for integration. These businesses which were viable independently are in various stages of languishing and in some cases decline. While telling a good story for each of the acquisition targets, looking behind the curtain tells a very different story. The strategy is no strategy. (b) As mentioned in the pros, there are some great leaders in the org - but there are also some awful ones. The awful ranges from unqualified for their current role, to ones with downright evil intentions to co workers and subordinates. They will crawl over the dead bodies they create in order to advance. This has become a cancer in the org and is a big reason for the exodus currently underway. I hope that the (good part of the) leadership can correct these two things. Without it, I believe Tenable will continue to suffer needlessly in the long run.6
- 5.09 Jan 2018Devops EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great atmosphere and a feel of a company trying to keep up with todays technologies and AGILE process. Developers are encouraged to cross train and are capable of building out complete stack with little or no help from devops team after initial training. Things get done quickly, you are encouraged to suggest and take control of your projects. Management support is there in form of time and training. Good feedback from the team and clear vision as to where the company is going.
Like any big company that has been around for a while there are challenges. Its not easy to switch from on premise thinking to a cloud vision for most IT teams today. Yet there is a willingness to work together and overcome the challenges.4
- 5.029 Dec 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeDublin, Dublin
- Well managed - great products - Happy customers(mainly) - rapidly growing start up - great future company plan - New modern office in city centre
- perks EU vs.US No more cons, great and fun place to be