Tenable Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Sep 14, 2020

Found 10 of over 410 reviews

3.9
Tenable CEO Amit Yoran
Amit Yoran
Pros
  • "We have a fantastic training programme to prepare new hires for handling customer cases on all our Tenable products(in 61 reviews)

• "Some opportunities to work from home were also a great perk(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Overall my experience at Tenable was really positive, most of my cons are for higher management(in 48 reviews)

• "Company is growing fast and priorities shift(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Great Office, Great Team

Jan 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really cool new office right on the quays, short walk to public transport and shops and cafes etc. Nice kitchen with free snacks etc. Supported and included by the local team aswell as the US HQ team. Very flexible and supportive managers and you are trusted to work very much autonomously.

Cons

There can be some teething problems when a company is growing quite rapidly but this is true of any company.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Sep 14, 2020 - Associate Security Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, Managers show they care about their team

Cons

Company is growing. While this is a good thing, it doesnt feel like im working for a small company that feels like a "Family" - now it feels like im working for a corporation

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company cares about keeping you successful and moving forward if you put in the work!

Jan 29, 2020 - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great products - Very understanding managers (I have a low immune sickness and they accommodate greatly) - Good room for growth

Cons

- Growing pains (this company is growing a lot and we do have to deal with changes) - I believe some of our internal team could use more of a morale boost because certain tasks will take a while. - If you are out of work, there is a trust factor in play for people who watch your queue and I feel that I've had some times where my queue was not observed properly on days I'm out. Makes me want to vacation less and work more to make sure I don't get screwed.

4. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Environment

Sep 15, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly peers, agile workflow, not hierarchical, salary, culture

Cons

Growing company -> frequent changes

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A growing company full of great engineers

Jul 25, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is one that pushes for continued learning & growth by encouraging attendance at a conference of your choosing each year and hosting internal sessions like a weekly blog club. This is one of the few companies embracing a highly distributed model, allowing many engineers to work from home. There is a high bar for passing the interview, so if you make it in, you'll be working with some smart folks who will challenge you to become a better engineer. Compensation and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Tenable is a rapidly growing company, so be willing to accept change. As far as I can tell, management is great about helping in any way they can to help engineers with these changes and give them as much freedom as possible.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Teal is my favorite color now

Oct 17, 2017 - Engineering Manager in Sandy, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Remote work option is a blessing -Forward thinking and transparent leadership that support me and give me opportunities for growth -Great technology to play with (k8s, docker, CI/CD pipelines, etc) -Great pay and benefits (including professional development allowances) -Top notch colleagues to collaborate with, no "brogramming" or "cliques"

Cons

None that I can think of that are worth publicly noting. It's a growing company and they will have "growing pains", as people say. Any minor con has been handled with genuine care and attention in my experience. In-fact better than majority of companies I've worked for in the past, which makes it difficult to list any cons.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Undeniably one of the best places it work in the area

Mar 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and very fair salary. A nice relaxing vibe from the CEO down, I don't feel micromanaged or as though unrealistic expectations are being forced on me. Everyone I work with is awesome.

Cons

It is a growing company, they have a solid vision for the future but a road map is always going to meet some twist and turns. Expect change, expect challenges.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Finally! I found the place where I belong and I plan to stick around for a while...

Feb 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been wanting to work at Tenable for years. Why did I want to work here so bad? The corporate culture. I knew it would be a perfect fit. Each person approaches their job both professionally and passionately. We work hard but also play hard. HR has done an amazing job at ensuring that any and all of our needs for work and play are met, only further reinforcing that this great work family remains great. Telecommuting options are never a problem when needed, but we also don't seem to mind going into our fun office every day, either. There is always an opportunity to grow or move around if you choose to do so. It is an exciting time - we feel the evolution of the company and we all are evolving with it. Sometimes it can be confusing, but perhaps since I have been here less than a year I find it also very excitin!

Cons

This company is growing by leaps and bounds. With the rapid expansion sometimes it feels a little difficult to keep up with the changing tides, especially for the newer employees. There is anon-boarding session at the time of hire to go over a lot of information for half a day. In my case, there wasn't much after that and I had to find my own footing. Being new it was hard to figure out the organization of the company or where to go for what information - even something as simple as how to secure a conference room or a list of department alias emails for which group does what! Overall, my main con would be often it feels like one department hasn't a clue what the other is doing and there are a lot of redundancies and/or confusion. Sometimes it is really difficult to get the information you need to do your job effectively and efficiently. Perhaps if there was more cross-collaboration perhaps we could have a more unified voice and a stronger, unified Tenable.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best tech companies on the east coast

Jul 6, 2016 - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tenable is the best place I have worked at in my career. The culture is amazing - not too corporate, not too "hey we're a startup let's bounce around on yoga balls all day", everyone is super relaxed and yet professional at the same time. Remote workers are not second citizens, my manager listens to me, supports me, and trusts me to get my work done. Everyone is treated based on merit and not seniority (which would be hard to do, considering how many new hires we have). My coworkers are all really smart - Tenable seems to attract good people, I have worked in defense contracting in the MD area where some people just come to work to get a paycheck, everyone here is enthusiastic and hard working. Upper management seems very involved and active in the future of the company, and constantly communicate the plan to the rest of the company. There is always lots to do and many new challenges lie ahead, so coming to work is exciting every day! I'm speaking just for engineering here, by the way - I have seen some negative reviews from other departments, but frankly I have not experienced any of the issues those people describe.

Cons

Company is growing at an enormous rate. I think we have doubled in size over the last 2-3 years and plan to keep going at the same rate or even faster. So far this has been handled pretty well, and this is all a good thing, but I'm apprehensive about whether it's possible to stick to the same values and culture when growing this fast.

15 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Happy

Aug 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work with intelligent and down to earth people - The ability for autonomy and teamwork - Easy to work with staff at all levels in the company - Great events and employee morale

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary of any growing company.

Tenable Response

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thanks for the positive comments! We agree that we’re making progress and growing, while retaining a supportive team environment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews