TMP Worldwide Reviews

3.4
TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
Pros
Cons
  • "Sadly the blame falls on these people instead of upper management where it belongs(in 19 reviews)

• "It's become extremely stressful as account teams carry very heavy loads and accountability sits solely on account services' shoulders(in 16 reviews)

1. "Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Performance Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great place to start your career, I could learn a ton of platforms. The co-workers are super helpful even tho when we managed different clients, everyone was willing to help.

Cons

Poor management and salaries are low.

2. "Wouldn't Stay Here Long"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is very laid back dress code isn't formal & they seem to be more open to remote work recently. I wonder why... The people & culture were very friendly More work-life balance than other positions Decent PTO

Cons

The problems you will face here are very frustrating especially as a front-end developer this position feels more like a maintenance position rather than a cutting edge one depending on the team project management wasn't great lack of product direction too many fires use developer resources

Continue reading

"Typical agency setting with a crappy product"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Services in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are very nice Pretty easy job (mainly busy work for the clients) Chicago office/location Great stepping stone/first job

Cons

For a company that focuses on employer branding and helping attract the best talent, TMP doesn't embody those values at all, mainly when it comes to management (there are a few good ones). The company overall lacks process and the qualified personnel to be able to not only run a business but also develop and retain employees.

4. COVID-19

"No accountability"

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good PTO. Work life balance can be ok.

Cons

Their products are terrible. Account services teams spend most of their time covering up for the mistakes made by other departments while telling the clients how wonderful everything is. Mistakes costing hundreds of thousands of dollars happen frequently because junior level people are not given proper training and/or they are stretched so thin that they make mistakes. Sadly the blame falls on these people instead of upper management where it belongs. Micromanagement is an understatement for TMP. Even the most senior level people will try to meddle in the most routine daily tasks. Some VPs are too casual with employees and (pre-COVID) would routinely get drunk with them after work which led to very blurry lines of responsibility back in the office. Favoritism runs rampant. The more you suck up, the more job security you have. Training is non-existent. Sure, you are given a lot of videos to watch when you first start which are a giant waste of time. Last year the ENTIRE middle-management team quit within six weeks of each other. That was a huge red flag that senior management seems to have ignored.

Continue reading

"Work Hard, Get Noticed, Climb Ladder (Ignore Everything Else)"

Former Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a hard worker and not afraid to put the team on your back, this is the place for you. I regularly went above and beyond my regular job duties - both in long hours and outside of my job description. That helped me move up the ladder and toward new opportunities. Exposure to major brands is a plus.

Cons

TMP often promotes people too soon (so they're not ready for the role) or once their back is against the wall (i.e. too late). That's because managers are often promoted out of necessity, not because they've received management training or particularly excelled at their job. In fact, most managers are in their positions because A) someone senior left the position and they're the most senior person, B) they have technical knowledge of their position so they can speak to clients. It's rare that a manager at TMP has been trained to manage people. I asked many times (and many bosses) for the opportunity and was often told "it's possible" but it never really materialized. I regularly asked for senior assistance navigating difficult employee issues but they were never resolved. I once tried to contact HR about a problem employee because my boss didn't take action after five (FIVE) one-on-one meetings about the team member's issues. HR told me that my manager would need to take care of the problem. So I documented clear violations and client dissatisfaction - still no action taken. It still irritates me. My team had little-to-no respect for authority and it quickly became toxic. Nobody respected the client or their sense of urgency - and a decrease in the quality of work quickly followed. The client noticed, people left, and it was entirely preventable. Company-wide, there's plenty of praise for a small percentage of people that's far out-of-touch from majority of the workforce. The same handful of (admittedly skilled and successful) people receive public praise on the mandatory monthly company call, but there's no connection to most employees. Which leads me to my final Con: there's no enthusiasm at TMP. Not for the work anyway. Minus the ~10% of gold-standard employees that deserve more recognition, most of the employees don't care about Recruitment, Digital Advertising, their client, or really anything in the office. They come to collect a paycheck and do as little work as they can. It's incredibly frustrating to see. It makes me understand when some people announce their resignation - it truly stings when you know they're off to somewhere that will treat them better.

Continue reading
  6. "TMP Atlanta is a great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership, Senior leadership is committed to the success of their employees

Cons

Location- The office in in Sandy Springs and I believe it could be more central

7. "great location and job"

1.0
    Former Employee - Quality Control Inspector in Vaughan, ON

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

no issue ...but some personal work

Cons

i dont have to say anything

"Ok company"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer a flexible work schedule

Cons

Long hours and they did not give regular reviews

9. COVID-19

"Communication and Transparency"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The overall response to the COVID-19 crisis has been exceptional. The level of transparency and the frequency of communication from management has been great during these uncertain times. The company moved quickly to transition everyone to remote working and people have been very understanding as everyone tries to juggle work and home life. While planning for the return to offices is underway the company is not rushing as employee safety is kept in mind.

Cons

I'm sure a communication plan is already underway, but keeping employees informed about the return to office plans as they become available will be important because this will be a big transition.

Continue reading

"Great Job at Keeping Employees Connected"

5.0

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Acting on the company culture, the company has taken the initiative during this time of working from home to keep employees informed and connected twice a week with some humor and knowledge sharing. They hold 2 half hour video sessions that the whole global organization is invited to attend. It is hard for many to work in their homes right now and the company recognizes that and is making strides to make it better for employees.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can still be long when WFH.

Found 351 reviews