Sysco Delivery Driver Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Tom Bene
  1. "Good job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sysco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits and pay salary

Cons

Long hours and a hard work

Advice to Management

Give more incentives

Sysco2019-10-13

October 14, 2019Director

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

"Good job"

Former Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, equipment, management was good. I enjoyed working for Sysco Jacksonville. I only left to advance my CDL A career.

Cons

Little time home, but still manageable

Sysco2019-09-24

September 24, 2019Director

Thank you for providing positive feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed being a member of the Sysco team!

3. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver Cdl in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

Lots of interaction with different customers

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Working for SYSCO has been challenging in many different ways that I enjoyed on an everyday basis. SYSCO gave me a chance to learn many different ways of performing my work the best way possible in which I learned to drive safely, communicate with people, and altogether to grow as a human being.

Sysco2019-08-08

August 8, 2019Director

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your training experience at Sysco! We strive to provide the best resources and development opportunities throughout your career with us and will work hard to make sure your positive experiences continue!

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

Money is really good

Cons

Long hours and long days

Sysco2019-08-11

August 14, 2019Director

We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

5. "Whatever pays the bills ya know"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

Pay benefits vacation time exercise

Cons

Work schedule work hours loads weather

Advice to Management

A lot of changes need to be made

Sysco2019-08-11

August 12, 2019Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

"Great pay for hard work"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well , it's great exercise . I was a driver for 10 years and it is a very hard job. Lots of lifting and running but the pay was very good.

Cons

Lots of lifting and running. Even when it's ice on the ramp and sidewalk. The only thing that seems to be important is getting the delivery done. Safety second. Lunch comes last.

Advice to Management

Listen to the drivers and what they are saying . Many problems continue on for years and years because nobody actually listens to the man on the ground.

Sysco2019-05-25

May 28, 2019Director

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your 10 years of service with us!

"Long hours"

Current Employee - Truck/Delivery Driver in Baraboo, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than a year

Pros

The other drivers you work with.

Cons

Long days...sometimes 15 hr days. Then back to work less than 11 hrs later. No family time. Trucks get loaded in disorganized fashion causing extra, unnecessary work for driver.

Advice to Management

Listen to the drivers. Get warehouse to load trucks in a way that is most efficient. Use helpers more. Get rid of old trucks. Limit the 55-60 hr weeks. Not family family.

Sysco2019-06-09

June 10, 2019Director

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team isn't adequately meeting your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area.

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Jessup, MD

I have been working at Sysco full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, hourly andmpaid for entire time

Cons

Warehouse with delay on loads, pallets messed up. Equipment breaking down

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad Equipment

Sysco2019-05-11

May 15, 2019Director

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

"Excellent place for women!"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, excellent benefits, and awesome pay!

Cons

The work is physically challenging but the workload is manageable.

Sysco2019-02-09

February 11, 2019Director

Thank you for leaving a review! At Sysco, our goal is to support and sustain an inclusive work environment that engages and enables a diverse workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

"Route Driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nothing. This place tries to work you to death. No set routes. Management are nut jobs with no leadership skills or abilities. Constantly touching freight unnecessarily due to terrible zoning of product. If you like driving crappy equipment, this place is for you. Get ready to get stopped by DOT frequently because of this companies reputation. Just don’t waste your time.

Cons

Everything. This place tries to work you to death. This is not a Truck Driver... This job tries to kill you. Get ready to have back surgery and your knees replaced. Don’t worry, Sysco will pay for it.

Advice to Management

Go back and finish High School.

Sysco2019-03-14

March 19, 2019Director

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.

Found 98 reviews