Synechron Lead Software Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Jul 30, 2019

3.4
Synechron CEO Faisal Husain
Faisal Husain
  1. "Lead Software developer"

Current Employee - Lead Software Developer in Tokyo

I have been working at Synechron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to new technology. Work and life balance

Cons

I have not came across any cons

Synechron2019-07-30
  2. "Good Infrastructure"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Pune

I worked at Synechron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Infrastructure, Good Working Environment

Cons

Nothing that I can think of right now.

Synechron2019-05-16

"Bad company and environment"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Pune

I have been working at Synechron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hike while joining. If they need you then they will do everything in their power

Cons

Hire and fire you anytime

Synechron2019-01-15
  4. "I like the way company works and the work ethics"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Synechron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is best to work here if you want to travel back to the origin country and still have a job there.

Cons

What ever is your title, it doesn’t matter once you are at the client site, even if you are director

Synechron2018-05-09
  5. "RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU if you have IT in YOU!!!"

Former Employee - Lead - Software in Bangalore

I worked at Synechron full-time

Pros

I see few people mentioned about Hiring and Firing in Synechron. Is there any Serviced company who keeps the employees even if they have attitude/behavior/unethical/performance issues? In my 6 years of experience, i have got enough opportunities in India and abroad. The only thing i did was just aligned myself with the Org objectives. I left Synechron on a good note for a personal reason. I would love to join back... in future without hesitation. Flat Org structure with transparency. Talent is always recognized by the management and gives you new challenges.

Cons

Need more recreation activities like Sports etc., No Transport facility if you are not on project. On a side note: Not a right place if you just want to do time pass and take the salary at the end of the month. :)

Advice to Management

Please do not keep the unprofessional/ unethical employees in the company. Keeping them with you will create more damage than FIRING them. Please invest more in Hiring the right talent. Need to get their own facility and provide company transport.

Synechron2016-12-15

"ABOUT SYNECHRON"

Current Employee - Lead Software in Pune

I have been working at Synechron full-time

Pros

Company was once a very good organization, however in recent years because of the layoffs, company has lost it's glare. However, lately, company has realized the mistake and is now doing everything to make a place better for everyone. Not the right person to comment on the projects and assignments however, i have been in a project for over 2 years and my appraisals have been good.

Cons

Company has officially announced two shifts for employees, however this is not a compulsion. employees commuting on their own can punch in and out as per their project requirements. However, for a full day pay, the system has to record your attendance for full 8 hours.

Advice to Management

Take wise decisions and in benefit of the employees and the management both.

Synechron2016-01-22
  7. "Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Lead Software in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Synechron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Following are the points that describe my time at Synechron. 1. Growth 2. Challenges 3. Business 4. Markets 5. People

Cons

They should re-consider the shift timings and consider having new shift timings. And the company can have a focused sales strategy/targeted sales pitches that are standardized all through the sales team

Advice to Management

Focused Sales team and Strategy and re-look at shift timings

Synechron2015-09-25
  8. "Good Company to work with"

Lead Software

I have been working at Synechron for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Opportunities, promotes freshers in the industry, use global delivery model of development, makes sure to be up with current technology trends in the market.

Cons

Not a clear picture on long term.

Synechron2015-09-09

"Caustic experience"

Former Employee - Lead Software in Pune

I worked at Synechron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Iam writing this review so that nobody goes thru what I have gone thru.

Cons

Poor leave policies - just 15 days paid leave. Public holidays are optional and the approval is at your manager's discretion. Salary is also bad. Most projects are just maintainenance work. Managers and Directors are headstrong and run the company as if its there own. HR is full of pretty faces but they are just meek and feeble. You only see them when you join and leave. A lot of people are leaving this... company. It is probably the worst service based company in Pune now - so don't accept their offer. If you want mental peace, then join some other company for lesser pay. Worst thing - they have a 12 to 9 shift for most projects. And it gets worse when your manager comes to you at 9PM and says - "I HAVE A TASK FOR YOU NOW THAT I WANT COMPLETED ANYHOW TODAY". So even if after reading this review, you want to join Synechron thinking that you will surpass then have fun with your life!

Advice to Management

Grow up guys! Magazine articles and photoshoots ain't going to get you anything!

Synechron2014-06-14

"The story of Synechron!"

Former Employee - Lead Software in Pune
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Synechron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The story of Synechron is a fictionalized humorous attempt to help people understand what the company is about.

Cons

Once upon a time, three buddies got together and decided to start a company. Their dreams were without blemish, pure and simple - they just wanted to architect and build beautiful buildings. So they founded a company based on 5 tenets - Agility, Integrity, Customer Satisfaction, Excellence and Execution. They hired a bunch of people to help them realize their goals. With determination, sheer hardwork and tenacity... they were able to execute the most onerous projects with great elan. Things looked good for them, the sun was shining bright on them and all the structures that they built started getting rave reviews from even their competitors. So with time, they were growing and heading in the right direction to take on the whole world - Synechron's time had come! Needless to say the bunch of people they hired initially, reaped the benefits of the company's growth. They had grown from being mere masons to Supervisors and Project Heads. Now workers from other companies started migrating to Synechron. Masons, carpenters, plumbers, electricians - i.e. world class professionals from the construction business started flocking to Synechron. It had become a company of choice a la Shangrila! Even though the founders had always strived hard to stick to the 5 core principles, they made a mistake in choosing the people to build their company. The first priniciple that flew out of the window was 'Integrity'. The people who had grown to senior positions lacked 'Integrity'. In their quest for personal glory and greed, they started making the lives of their subordinates miserable. Their only goal was 'Customer Satisfaction'. 'Do what it takes to make the customer happy' was their motto. To meet that goal, they started luring workers with large sums of money. These poor souls joined the projects not knowing what they were being lured into. Masons were made to do carpentary, electricians were plumbing pipes and plumbers were laying stones. The supervisors thought that it was not a big deal for a person skilled in one trade to do something else - all it required was physical labor so that ought to be an easy task they thought. The supervisors started making tall promises to their clients that they could build world class buildings in record time. After all, they had to be 'Agile'. To that end, they made their workers toil day and night to accomplish their self set ambitious unrealistic goals. The workers started floundering, the quality of their work started taking a beating. Those that protested, were threatened with dire consequences. A few who persisted with their protests, were simply done away with. Where would these poor workers go? They would not be able to find a job elsewhere since no other company could offer them what Synechron was paying them. So they kept doing what they were doing and somehow completed the work forced on them. The supervisors were happy that they had could delight and make their customers happy at the expense of their expendable workers. During this process, they had also sacrificed two another important principles - 'Excellence' and 'Execution'. The founders meanwhile are enjoying the fruits of their hardwork - posing for magazine cover photos, buying expensive cars, globe trotting and enjoying life to the fullest. "We build world class buildings that can stand the test of time" they say gloriously in their interviews! "Yes, we agree", say their workers. "We are waiting for the day when a seismic activity will pulverize these buildings that stand on self made tectonic plates. Till that day, you can have a field day!"

Advice to Management

There are still some people left in the company who can help. Recognize them and take corrective action. They still believe in you! Unfortunate people like us have left and are too hurt to never return again!

Synechron2014-06-10