Super Value Home Services Reviews

Updated Nov 26, 2020

Found 4 of over 4 reviews

3.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Room to grow

Nov 26, 2020 - Sales Representative in Winnipeg, MB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to make sales could be challenging initially.

Cons

Lots of rejection during cold calling

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Super Value Home Services is a very honest and caring company.

Jan 12, 2015 - Office Manager in Winnipeg, MB
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Super Value you truly feel like you are all family. They not only take care of their customers but also take good care of their employees. Everyone at Super Value is so good to me, from the owner to management to every other employee at the company, that is one of the reasons why I love my job and I love going to work everyday. I worked for many other business but non of them have the same culture and values as Super Value does. It is a very respectful and family orientated business.

Cons

There is always room for improvement at every business. So far so good Super Value !

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They advertise as a Family Owned Business, and that's exactly what they are!! :)

Jan 12, 2015 - Office Supervisor in Winnipeg, MB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super Value is a company that cares! From doing the right thing, do having the right team they can trust, without a doubt - This company cares. Although I haven't been here the 10 years, or 17 years like some members of the team, with the way they bring you in like family, I may as well have been. Being a small business, in a super competitive market, Super Value is always looking to improve and find new ways of doing a better job. And they know in order to excel, they need to take new ideas into consideration. It's a great feeling knowing that when you suggest an improvement, it's actually listened to and implemented. If you care about the company you work for, and have the right attitude to succeed then Super Value, you'll find that Super Value is an amazing company to work for. I honestly haven't seen a manager who invests so much into their job, and that really inspires people.

Cons

Any Service job is going to have it's problems with it's clients, and this job isn't an exception. And Super Value needs a better way to track our clients, although since the business is always looking to improve, we're already looking into better options.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lousy working conditions

Jun 17, 2014 - Assistant Cleaner in Winnipeg, MB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent commision rate on work, friendly co workers,

Cons

when i was working there, i discovered that they had broken several wage laws, such as not giving overtime pay or obaying minimum wage laws, i have no idea if they have changed since that point. your wages are essentualy tied to how much you do and sell, and can rise or fall based on the season and how much work comes into the office itself. working condions are hard, no real care given for safety or security of workers, dollar is the bottom line for them, management will not listion to concerns of workers either there is also no fixed schedual for when you come in, they call you the night before and tell you if your working that day, without any indication of when you finish, sometimes even extending the time before you finish just to make more money, without any concern for overtime pay. only room for advancement would be from assistant to cleaner, and more recponciblity forced apon you without a decent increase in pay

Be the first to find this review helpful

Super Value Home Services Response

Owner

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and provide us with feedback. Feedback is always appreciated. We would like to take the opportunity to explain some of the discrepancies mentioned in your review. In regards to safety and security; we have an open door policy at our company. If an employee has a concern they are welcome to speak with either of the owners directly. Our employees’ concerns are important to us and we take them seriously. If there are any injuries, they need to be reported to the office immediately. If there is any equipment that needs to be fixed, it is the technician's responsibility to inform our office, and then it is fixed promptly. We do contact each technician and assistant the day before to let them know what time they are in the following day. As soon as all the appointments are confirmed and we have a set amount of routes going out, than the employees are contacted. Their schedule is directly dependant on how many clients have appointments and on any time restrictions the clients may have. We are in a highly competitive service industry and we need to cater to the needs of the clients. We are very flexible in regards to taking time off, but understand that this type of position is not always the best fit for someone that wants a set schedule each week. That is not something that we can offer as there is a lot of fluctuation in the volume of calls that changes from day to day. We also understand that this type of job is not suited for everyone. But we do pride ourselves on the fact that we do not have a high turnover rate for our technicians. We have several technicians that have been with the company for over 10 years, because they enjoy working with our company and the way we operate. Furthermore, our company is not just about making more money. We believe a good company is just a collection of good people. We strive to hire and retain employees of high moral character with great attitudes. We believe that if we hire and retain great people, the money will follow. We are truly sorry that you felt that we were all about the money and that you didn’t have a way to express your concerns to management. This is not how we want any of our current of past employees to feel. Sincerely, Super Value Home Services

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews