St. Jude Medical Territory Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Find jobs for Territory Manager

St. Jude Medical Territory Manager Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2019

3.3
St. Jude Medical Chairman and CEO Miles D. White (no image)
Miles D. White
1 Rating
  1. "Salary Structure is Worst in industry"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Pune

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Products and the quality of the products. Which gives confidence is sales industry

Cons

The Salary structure in this company is Worst in the industry

Advice to Management

Instead of giving money or pramotion to those who are near and dear ones for you give it to some deserve candidate because they are the one who actually need it.

St. Jude Medical2019-07-08

"Sales Territory Manager"

Territory Sales Manager in San Juan, PR

I have been working at St. Jude Medical

Pros

The great satisfaction to help patients improve the health and QOL. Exposure to the rest of medical devices industry, which is hard to get in

Cons

In comparison with the industry in SJM (now Abbott) Puerto Rico we have moré responsibilities, territories twice or triple the size and smaller compensation in the base salary. The turnover is high in big part for what I just explained

Advice to Management

The territories should be reviewed and considered being smaller in order we can be more effective against the competitors. Also base salaries are way lower than the industry (around 35% in average)our turnover rate is way higher than the industry rate.

St. Jude Medical2018-01-05
  3. "A large company that lives its mission."

Former Employee - Hybrid Territory Manager in Missoula, MT

I worked at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Empowerment. Encourages taking risks. Family feel. Focused on clinical outcomes and most importantly-the patients we serve. Management is very accessible. Outstanding training.

Cons

Susceptible to rapidly changing dynamics of the medical market place and reimbursement pressures. The decision makers have shifted away from doctors, who are now hospital employees, to purchasing which only cares about price and not the "best patient outcomes".

Advice to Management

Keep seeking feedback and adapt proactively to change.

St. Jude Medical2017-07-04

"Sales Representative"

Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at St. Jude Medical

Pros

Great company, Good pipeline of products

Cons

Company had a some bad quarters, laid off over 200 employees. Now hiring like crazy

Advice to Management

Show loyalty

St. Jude Medical2016-06-06
  5. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at St. Jude Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, Reputable name, Good benefits, Lots of socials, Pay is competitive with industry

Cons

Culture is more pharma, management is relatively inexperienced, product training lacks depth, the IT department is difficult to contact for help and the email directory is a jungle of previous employees

Advice to Management

Improve product training as it is currently too reliant on home learning and ensure social events don't exclude team members as this has happened in the past.

St. Jude Medical2016-02-25

"Great company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovation. The technology is always advancing to keep the consumer and employees excited about the products. People. The company has placed great people in leadership to keep team members motivated.

Cons

HR moves painfully slow when hiring someone. Convoluted bonus structure can make it difficult to understand and/reach your goal.

Advice to Management

Compensation package could be adjusted and simplified.

St. Jude Medical2016-01-24
  7. "Territory manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Newry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good money, opportunity for bonuses is always available. Crossover between disciplines is also possible. American based company, American ethos, American culture

Cons

High staff turnover, tens to look at short term results and therefore plug holes rather than plan for long term stability

Advice to Management

Look towards 5 or ten year plan to create a stable workforce. Look at qualitative objectives rather than quantitative objectives. Reward long term employees

St. Jude Medical2016-01-27

"Neurotherm was recently purchased by St. Jude Medical"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company acts very professional and has a strong portfolio of products. With the recent acquisition of Neurotherm they now have a full bag of Pain management products. Long term pros To be determined.

Cons

To be determined, Neurotherm employees are still waiting to learn more about the company

St. Jude Medical2014-10-16

"Seemingly good once, shedding quality and established staff at a rate on Knots"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England

I worked at St. Jude Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Heritage, Some passionate people, nice size (but getting smaller by the day), some opportunity in all the the changes if you can hang on and deal with the management. Interesting pipeline of products.

Cons

Terrible management - St Jude went from small to pretty big for a pacing firm in a few years,and it shows. No one there can operate a business of that size and complexity effectively. I have worked for some big players in the Healthcare market, and know what that should look and feel like. Not here. Amateur hour. There is a real sense of firefighting everything, and mortgaging business now and to hell with the future. This leads to short term thinking and poor customer and staff satisfaction. I think the attitude of the management was very macho BS. with a quote being 'well, if you don't pull the number in whatever, you won't be her to worry about it', hence the shoddy mortgaging practices. Morale was low when I left, worse now with long serving staff leaving. They have basically cannibalised what made them good. In my judgement they were living like a company from the early 2000's - all big conferences and ra ra team building, borderline illegal and certainly immoral employee relations. I bet that they wish they hadn't spent all that money now they are having to lay off staff. No prudence I could go on but to me it was a lesson on how not to run a business

Advice to Management

Not that they would listen. Sort your IT. Sort your strategy - find your roots again. Keep unnecessary spending down (I suppose you do now by sacking key staff), think mid-long term and rebuild, and don't believe your own hype -A bit of humility goes a long way. keep the very good management from AGA and shelve the team that has grown with SJM - they cannot do the job properly.

St. Jude Medical2013-04-12