Spirit Airlines "flight benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews about "flight benefits"

Updated 3 Dec 2019

3.7
Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie
Ted Christie
Pros
Cons
  • "1 on time departures, best low cost airline, etc(in 22 reviews)

• "The passengers are all very angry all the time, besides a select few(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "flight benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Great job, few hours"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and flight benefits

Cons

Not a lot of trips while on reserve

Spirit Airlines2019-12-03

"Full Time Flight Attendant Review"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good insurance, flight benefits, flexibility in work schedule once seniority goes up, & 401k. You get to meet a lot of nice people.

Cons

You cannot pick up trips on reserve.

Spirit Airlines2019-10-17

"Great Quality of Life"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits Flight Benefits Flexible hours when able Awesome coworkers

Cons

Reserve life for a little while Limited flight benefits international

Spirit Airlines2019-09-26

"1st year is the hardest"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Good flight benefits on Luftansa, Air Canada and other good airlines for international, US major carriers domestic (not international), and of course where Spirit flies *Spirit has some of the best health insurance in the industry. Very affordable and good coverage! *Time for part-time work *Lots of time for reading on the plane

Cons

*Sometimes it feels if union fees are going down the drain - Spirit does illegal scheduling and then just tells you to file a ticket... *When you first start and are on reserve it is difficult to move any days or get weekends off. I have been at DTW for over a year and will probably still be on reserve for another year... It's hard to make new friends/take college courses when you can't go to any events/classes regularly. IF you can stick it out for 3-4 years you will have more control of your schedule *Starting pay is very minimal. I wouldn't have been able to survive the first year without living with family * Reserve trips are generally the ones no one wants so get ready for lots of red-eyes and blah layovers

Spirit Airlines2019-10-04
  5. "work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

meeting new people, some flight benefits

Cons

No overtime bad management and favoritism.

Spirit Airlines2019-09-09

"Horrible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flight Benefits and somewhat, flexible schedule.

Cons

1. Workload is unbalanced - The moment they recognize that you are able to do your job at an exceptional rate, you get an endless amount of assignments and you're expected to be subservient. 2. Low Employee Morale - While a heavy workload is being thrown at you, a few supervisors will treat and speak to you as if you're not a human being. I, myself got picked on and thrown a bunch of work if I called out or did a shift trade the following day because, you know, work is more important than your personal issues. Supervisors will be cool with you today and the next day they're treating you like the unwanted step child. 3. Subtle Discrimination - Though I am not here to play the race card, but some light needs to be shed on this issue. Our ramp staff consists mainly of Spanish and Black people and management is 98% Spanish. Black agents will be working for 8 hours nonstop, while Spanish folks can be enjoying a 2-3 hour break and get assigned the easiest of flights. Spanish people can commit cardinal sins without being reprimanded while the black guy will get written up for a 1 minute delay. 4. Union contract is utter rubbish. Starting pay is $11.44/Hr and you tap out at $15.51 over an 8 year tenure, while customer service agents are basically starting at $15.00/Hr without a union. Whenever it's time for us to receive our yearly union raise, we basically have to be on corporate's neck about it. 5. High Turnover Rate - This is due to all of the reasons I listed above. I've seen way too many people come and go during my 1 year and 8 month tenure. This high turnover rate is a breeding ground for unprofessionalism and turns the ramp into a show of survival.

Advice to Management

1. All superiors need to be screened and trained properly with regards to how to treat people. 2. Employees need to be compensated properly because we are the ones that giving you the award for most on time airline and award for the least missed bags. 3. Hiring 20-30 people every month is not going to fix the undying issues on the ramp. A proper hiring process needs to be conducted, along with a proper training program. I've encountered too many new agents who leave training and still don't know how to connect the A/C unit or tow bar to the aircraft. 4. Standing in the concourse and conducting in-company audits is very ineffective. I suggest you come partake in an eight hour shift to gain some insight on what is happening on the ramp, so that you are more able to make proper decisions on how to make necessary improvements.

Spirit Airlines2019-06-30

"Depends on your departemt, but overall good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some departments are fantastic and filled with awesome people, others are filled with awesome people too, but the downfall is management at times. You have your department heads that love what they do and fight for their employees, and others work against their employees. The luck of the draw. -The airline is growing, and there is much to do. -Pretty cool people. -Flight benefits, 401k Charles Schwaab, paid vacation, etc.

Cons

-Pay not as high as other airlines. -The company takes forever to implement a lot of things.

Advice to Management

Everyone should be on the same page if we want to reach the desired goal. This doesn't apply to every department, some are awesome, others not so much, but please listen to your employees. If people start quitting or getting fired left and right, the problem is management.

Spirit Airlines2019-05-14

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical benefits and flight benefits are awesome

Cons

Have to purchase your uniforms and bags your self

Advice to Management

Your doing a great job

Spirit Airlines2019-02-26
  9. "Great"

Current Employee - GSA in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time for less than a year

Pros

flight benefits, amazing co-workers, approachable supervisors, you can take time off if you get your shift covered

Cons

None I can think of at this time.

Spirit Airlines2019-01-29
  10. "flight attendant"

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time

Pros

great schedule once you've acquired seniority, great health benefits, flight benefits and great coworkers.

Cons

sick calls are tough in the airline industry.

Advice to Management

Firing/hiring needs to have a better vetting process

Spirit Airlines2018-10-04