Spiceworks Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated 8 Feb 2018

3.8
Spiceworks President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz
Pros
  • "Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company that rewards hard work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets.

Cons

UK office and US office sometimes isolated and more communication is sometimes needed.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Spiceworks for 10 months now and, without a doubt, the best employer I have worked for. The recruitment process was an important part in influencing my decision in joining the business. The recruiter handled me well, unlike most do in the industry, never pressured me into doing days that I couldn't attend and gave me in detailed feed back after every step. You also got to meet majority of the senior members of the company, which doesn't happen in most intereviews, this gave me an opporunity to get an understanding of the direction of the business and really buy into it. When going through the interview process a lot of promises were made around the company culture, the autonomous nature of the role etc. It was giving it'self a lot to deliver on. But within the first 1 month of being here (London Office) it became very clear that these promises were being delivered on. The whole office is welcoming and there is a lot of an opportunity for after work social life. Our fantastic HR team are very proactive in making sure there is a sense of togetherness and culture, so they regularly organise dinners, nights out etc. Specific to the role, as a sales person I feel its important that management trust in your ability to do your job well. At Spiceworks they do just that. The product we sell is unique to the market and in comparison to our competitors, they can't come close to offering what we can. In sales this is great as it gives you a unique USP and makes your job easier. The company it'self is going in the right direction, they are hiring talented and bright individuals to help push us forward and investing more and more into us as employees. To summarise, coming to the end of my first 10 months and im already looking forward to the next 30.

Cons

Holiday is a bit under competitive but I have heard this is under review.

3. "Internship"

Software Engineering Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Spiceworks

Pros

-good company culture -good internship program including outings -good intern onboarding program -located in great part of Austin -had food trucks for lunch every day

Cons

-most of the teams not super interesting -no provided lunch; had to buy at food trucks -pay reasonable but not incredible

"Great Career Move"

Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks

Pros

I didn't think it was possible to work somewhere where EVERYONE was lovely, but I've truly found it. You can ask ten thousand questions and that's ok! Get a lot of free lunches, very good food too. When it's your birthday they order you tiff's treats (cookies!). Incredible managers who will help anyway they can, and a company culture that is so positive. Interviewed at a couple different places in Austin and this was by far the best.

Cons

Wish it was located downtown, but that's my fault for not choosing to live close to my job.

"Wonderful Summer Internship"

Former Intern - Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Spiceworks for less than a year

Pros

I loved interning at Spiceworks! There are employees of all ages, so the work-life balance must be great. For example, I worked with a guy with two kids as well as a fairly recent college grad. The CEOs are very open, and the company itself is very transparent. The interns even had a chance to speak with the founders and ask them questions. The company culture is fast-paced and exciting. They really care about their customers, and have events like Spiceworld to interact with their users.

Cons

There is some pressure and the company is pretty fast-paced. However, there is a "Fix It" Friday where old projects are revisited.

"Fantastic!"

I have been working at Spiceworks

Pros

Great company culture, very warm and welcoming towards everyone. Typical tech start up environment; laid back and casual but results oriented.

Cons

Some of the groups are very clique-y and there isn't too much cross departmental interaction. Lots of fun perks but a fast paced environment; it may look low key but there's a lot of work to be a done and enough pressure to keep busy

"Great first full-time job for new graduate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of things about this company are great, but the best thing is the people you work with. Everyone I have worked with thus far has been very nice, intelligent and understanding. I love how creative people in different departments are and how you can get to know each other even if you don't work together either from working out together during lunch or just chatting in the kitchen or during the company meeting. The company is very transparent about it's goals and its progress weekly. You learn a lot about the business in general and how your work fits in with everything else. They are quick to address any rumors or problems within the company. The company culture is very important to many of the employees and they don't tolerate people with bad attitudes. I've seen a couple of people let go because of questionable things they have done or said. The company structure is pretty loose, at least in development. There are teams, but leads do not micromanage work as they would at a corporate company. There are no strict work hours and the dress code is casual. There are some perks people may also like, like free catered lunch every now and then, endless snacks and drinks in the kitchen, and breakfast tacos and bagels on Monday and Friday. There is also a really awesome referral bonus program.

Cons

There are definitely growing pains. I was a bit embarrassed when we had summer interns come in and there were no real desks for them to sit at so we had to make temporary work stations or had them share desk space. The vacation time is less than some other companies around town, but it's pretty standard. The health benefits could be better as well. The pay could be way better. I think a lot of people are underpaid. If this place wasn't so fun to work at, I would have left already.

Continue reading

"Spicy work and spicy life"

Former Intern - Test Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Spiceworks for less than a year

Pros

Very open and friendly company culture. People are very willing to help each other and all have real passions for technology.

Cons

Being far away from the Bay Area,.

"Great place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an amazing company that's growing quickly. With an excellent company culture, awesome/brilliant employees, and a fun environment, it's hard not to have an amazing experience here. I've never worked somewhere the employees are able to know so much about the trajectory and growth of the company. Every single employee in the building is valued and trusted. Employees are able to be creative and think on their feet.

Cons

The pace is extremely fast and some employees find it hard to keep up. Since we are still growing and figuring out the lay of the land, not many processes are in place so we're often having to zig and zag (a popular company term). The work life balance can be tough at times - but is worth it in the end since it's such an amazing place to be!

"Work hard, play hard"

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture is like no other, and the CEO goes the extra length to ensure this. Everyone supports and respects each other. There's a lot of hard work that goes into everything we do, but we are well rewarded. Really a treat to walk into these doors each day to be greeted by family.

Cons

Feel very connected to the CEO, but not to the other founders.

15 English reviews out of 159