SolarWinds Employee Reviews about "free lunch twice"

Updated 14 May 2020

3.8
SolarWinds President, CEO, and Director Kevin B. Thompson
Kevin B. Thompson
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance might be sometimes hard to keep in reasonable timeframe, sometimes too much top-down company(in 41 reviews)

• "Upper management is a bit old-school for a tech company, but nothing egregious(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch twice"

Return to all Reviews

"A great opportunity with excellent salary, commission and bonuses"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people to work with. Good banter. Free lunch a couple of time and close to Mahon Point for shopping on your break. Very generous with bonuses and acknowledge the work you put in. It's a job where you get back as much as you put in

Cons

It can be stressful at times but thats just the nature of the job

"renewal sales"

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

free lunch once a week

Cons

micromanaging and bullying is what you can expect

"Worst Sales Job in Cork, BY A MILE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are NONE!! If you want to call some dogs dinner on a Wednesday (Free lunch) a pro then be my guest, but I wont. Biggest pro of all, is there is other BETTER jobs out there that pay more & treat you a billion times better. **IF YOU ARE READING THIS & ABOUT TO ACCEPT A JOB OFFER FROM SOLARWINDS, DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

Cons

Management are brutal Directors are Brutal Micromanagement Unrealistic Targets No time off Made to feel like a piece of meat. Biggest Con of all, is knowing some other poor man/woman will be sold a dream in this dump & they will have to figure out quite quickly that what they have been told is all lies.

Continue reading
  4. "Great place to learn for Application side troubleshooting"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

Great office culture, fun to work in SolarWinds, learning new technologies, Stock units, free lunches, multiple social clubs, nights out, free lunches on Wednesdays.

Cons

Employees should be sent for external training & career path need to be defined so employee can stay focus and kept thinking that what he is doing is still meaningful for him & for the company, other then that I don't see cons in SolarWinds.

5. "Warm winds blow:)"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

The commission rocks here and my monthly take home pay is on average EUR1000 more than other companies. In my view Solarwinds is the best sales job in Cork. Not saying it's an easy gig but this is the New York of Inside Sales and the place you gotta prove yourself in if you want to be the best. Company gym. Free soft drinks, confectionary, hot beverages and yoghurts. Free lunch Wednesdays. Free coffee Friday. Cash spiffs. Subsidized cinema tickets. Nice location/office/business park. Sound management and work colleagues... the people here really make Solarwinds! They know how to celebrate, and company nights out involve plenty of drink vouchers.

Cons

Even though all good sales people get a buzz from being outside their comfort zone, sometimes there's a tendency by management here to try to speed up the sales cycle when a considered approach might work better in some cases. That said they give very honest feedback and you learn quickly in this environment!

Continue reading

"revolving door mentality, recommend that you stay clear"

Current Employee - Sales in Carrigaline

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

free lunch twice a week

Cons

not interested in the people, board level makes money but thats about it - very heavy handed when it comes to Staff - leave and we will take legal action type set up, so staff are always watching over there shoulders - spent 2 years and best decision was the day I deciðed to leave

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch twice a week, snack and soda. Sales driven culture backed by some of the best engineering in the industry.

Cons

Well, we sure do work hard, which means working a lot. Be prepared to put in your fair share in. But the reward is great.

Continue reading

"I'm in my third year here, and I expect to be here for the next 3 and beyond!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been pushed and challenged in my time here: I've developed and grown so much! The standards are high. I'm surrounded by so many extremely talented individuals who take pride in what what they do and care about each other, this is why I'm able to bring my whole self to work here. As a leader it enjoy helping people and teams develop and grow - here I am given the freedom and capacity to do so. Yeah there's free lunches twice a week, weekly vending machine allowance, games room, and regular social events, and these perks are great...but we also use our facilities and food budget to support local tech meetups and give back to the local communities, and this is something I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

It's not all sunshine, there is room for improvement (project governance doesn't always align with the agility and pace of the individual teams), but this is not only recognized, I'm seeing positive action in these areas, so I'm looking forward to playing my part in it...hence why I plan to be here for the next 3 and beyond!

"Most incompetent and corrupt people in leadership"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology, especially tech that they partner with. That and free lunch is about all you can get excited about.

Cons

Leadership is corrupt and incompetent. The only people who will stay here are willing to be fully compromised in their character. Only recommend if you need a job and don't have options available. revolving door. oversights are off the charts.

10. "Great company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dundee, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great potential to progress in your career, treats employees well (free lunches twice a week!)

Cons

Lots of products to support, things take a long time to happen

Found 76 reviews