SolarWinds Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Oct 13, 2019

Found 492 reviews

SolarWinds CEO Kevin B. Thompson
Kevin B. Thompson
Pros
  • "Free lunch provided Monday’s & Friday’s(in 70 reviews)

• "I won't even try to say free lunch twice a week is a perk(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance have to work late expected to work holidays very strict around vacation time taken (even though you have it to take)(in 39 reviews)

• "When upper management is stressed it can be passed down the chain(in 23 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very supportive team and management

Cons

Nothing, great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

SolarWinds2019-07-28

"renewal sales"

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

free lunch once a week

Cons

micromanaging and bullying is what you can expect

SolarWinds2019-09-24

"Sales Representative avoid!!!!!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money is good but it's not worth the mental torture.

Cons

Horrible management. Bullying and abuse is the daily routine. Management cant be approached to help with anything. And if you as a question you are told "you should know that" or its ignored as they cant answer. It's a top down structure for abuse. Forget about holidays as there is never the right time. Lunch is actively discouraged. If you take lunch you are told you are not working hard enough. It's the Solarwinds... way. If you have any concerns or issues you are told to find a new role as you are not Solarwinds material. Run for the hills if offered turnover is crazy.

Advice to Management

No point in offering advice. They know what's going on. And are not going to change the Solarwinds Way.

SolarWinds2019-08-05
  4. "Sales engineer for SolarWinds"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

There is a Great Management There is a Good Atmosphere The technology is good and interesting.

Cons

The process and the mood is too sales oriented even though it is a tech company A bit repetitive.

Advice to Management

Diversify people's tasks because it is a bit repetitive.

SolarWinds2018-12-17

"Disgusting Workplace"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is just no reason

Cons

Ignorant management, ignorant minions that suck up to management to ensure bully tactics are working. Vulgar management and little shadows around them. The perfect definition of arrogance and plenty inappropriate smart comments to garnish the arrogance. Apparently everyone who has worked here in the past that has left or been dismissed for not being the perfect human being is trashed and described as a useless... person. So I guess I’m one of them now but thankfully in my new job they understood and a new coworker had 2 friends put through the mincer in that pathetic excuse of a workplace. So my advice to you thinking of joining is “DON’T” and if you’re already stuck there and not part of the inner circle “GET OUT”. There are plenty other jobs that have dignity in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Management??? You mean the excuse for management? No, I have nothing to say, the air I breath is too precious to be wasted.

SolarWinds2018-12-17

"Managers will Bully and Micromanage You"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

"You must enter at least 5 words for Pros."

Cons

EVERYTHING! Your managers, most likely, have been life-long friends, and you'll never be able to fit in unless you die and are reborn one of their friends (so never). They'll micromanage and gaslight you so much that you'll start to question if you've ever done anything right in your life. Management engage in bullying. I guess in order to be a manager, you need to top up your bullying skills.

Advice to Management

Throw the whole management team away and start over.

SolarWinds2018-11-15

"Not for professionals"

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

Zero. Since you will see the same in any other company.

Cons

I wouldn`t believe in all "Good Reviews" written below here. if you want to hear honest feedback talk to former Solarwinds employees, I don`t think that you will hear at even a few good things about them. They will also tell you about some accidents happened in their office which is a result of company behavior and culture. All mid-management doesn`t have any experience in IT outside Solarwinds. Basically... Solarwinds is the only thing they know. If you have any experience in IT this is not place for you. Some managers and even high level management are very childish and will do anything to get rid of you if they don`t like you personally. Reacting as a 12 year old child. The reason why they are taking those positions is because they are playing politics and say only what their management want to hear. And because they are acting as a robots and not even thinking what they are doing and why, they don`t have their own opinion, absolutely useless. You will not see there a true individuals. No team work at all. In fact i don`t think they know what is that. If it is your first place of work then it might be good for you. But don`t stay there for too long and look for another opportunities as soon as possible and leave them with their culture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and you will have the same reputation!

SolarWinds2018-11-15

"Interesting Place - Happy Memories!"

in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds

Pros

During my time in SolarWinds Cork, here are some highlights. Gained experience with excellent products that are industry leading Advanced my career Exposed to new areas of IT Management as the company widened its portfolio Benefited from a positive, fun 'work hard - play hard' culture in Cork and worked among some great people at the top who genuinely care. Experienced a truly fast paced and dynamic... environment which was rarely boring!

Cons

Daily Sales model is a challenge for staff to sustain in the long term and has some negative repercussions throughout the business.

Advice to Management

Following their upcoming 2nd IPO, is it finally time to consider a change at the top..... ?This needs to happen for any significant change to the model and the company to continue to mature...

SolarWinds2018-09-18
  9. "Outstanding place to work"

Former Employee - Director in Cork

I worked at SolarWinds full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This Company has it all. Great leadership in all offices especially in Cork. The culture is valued carefully and they care about their people.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

SolarWinds2018-08-29

"Tech Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cork

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly people. Nice atmosphere. There usually isnt a problem with working from home when you cant make it to the office. Leaving earlier or during the day for an hour or two usually isnt a problem either.

Cons

Salary depending on your background can be terrible. Management isn't doing a great job at managing the tasks and speading work evenly. Double standards for some people/offices. Support isn't really appreciated even though they say we are, there is very little money for us for bonuses and pay rises are a joke. No time for training/upskilling as management will pile work on top of you.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at the dashboards which dont show even half the picture, look around the office, look at statistics, monitor what people are really doing, and then start dumping work on people who do less than the rest instead of dumping it on people who already work hard. This isnt hard to do, and it can be done even without management accounts as support reps see these statistics and do get frustrated.

SolarWinds2018-08-02