Sofology Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Sofology Reviews

Updated 11 Dec 2019

3.6
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 10 reviews)

• "great team mentallity, good place to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 7 reviews)

• "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 6 reviews)

1. "Phenomenal please to work - No bias lol..."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's fun, it never stops and everyone works collaboratively! It's all about having the right attitude and working together to make Sofology one of the best places to work. I have had so much development throughout my career here and the best part is.. People let you make mistakes and cheer you on to keep developing yourself. I just love the place, I love the people & I love everything that we're aiming to achieve to keep Sofology moving forward for the better!

Cons

I don't feel that there are any cons.

Sofology2019-12-11
  2. "good company"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

great team mentallity, good place to work

Cons

i cant think of any

Sofology2019-11-07
  3. "Sofology Coventry"

Current Employee - Deputy Store Manager in Coventry, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Sofology for over 5 years in 2 different roles and I can truly say that Sofology is a business that truly values and supports colleagues to be the best they can be. The showrooms are market leading and each store has a real sense of family. You feel supported and are given all the knowledge to be able to fulfil your role. If progression in your career is something you're after then I am living proof that Sofology develops their people and that opportunity is there for the taking. There is a real sense of teamwork and a common goal throughout the whole business and across departments and this continues within the in store team. With not working on commission it is a refreshing sales environment that keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do. Basic pay is what you would expect however the opportunity to earn an extremely generous wage is there for the taking every month and this is achievable with the right mindset. A great place to work that comes with many benefits and I hope to be with this company for years to come.

Cons

There aren't many cons if you have the right outlook on the goal in front of you. Weekend working isn't for everybody however it is understandable and expected with retail.

Sofology2019-11-01
  4. "Good job if your face fits"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hull, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, accommodating working hours

Cons

To progress is purely down to a popularity contest, as opposed to actual ability

Sofology2019-11-11
  5. "Fun place to work can be frustrating"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer focused sales process Communal commission Great staff Forward thinking

Cons

Bonus potential feels very controlled by upper management Not very organised Plenty of customer complaints over silly processes

Advice to Management

Get organised Make more time for the retail staff

Sofology2019-10-14
  6. "Awful management and sales team toxic"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sometimes theres nothing to do as the show room is empty so you can watch utube on your ipad

Cons

Management are liars! , dont believe their review written by deputy manager. culture is backstabbing and bullying, management are poor and dont know nothing coventry sofology is not supportive they dont listen or care or know how to manage coventry Sofology is not supporting if you ask questions you are seen as thick and simple and work collagues bully you and insult you and hold grudges. Awful place moral low and no team work! Management ignore teams behaviour if you sell lots then you can lie and bully and cheat as much as you want as results matter not people dont complain as the management will blame you team is clicky fake and will gang up on you. They make you feel like crap but displaying your figures to everyone in real time. Store manager does not coach mentor or support you rude, obnoxious and has tunnel vision.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee !! Coventry sofology is a fake the management are liars poor at managing only care about results and covering there own back. Ignore complaints have favourites and bullying continues

Sofology2019-11-06
  7. "‘Management’ ‘HR’"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Golborne, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Here are your 5 words

Cons

HR & management are very clicky you are not within the click your in for a hard time. HR do not take complaints seriously & nothing is ever done to improve. Managers have been known to drive employees to have to go on the sick

Advice to Management

Need sacking and starting again with people who actually have management skills. Seriously need to look into how you treat your staff & who you have in management if your staff is being vocal about issues. Make change

Sofology2019-10-30
  8. "Can be good, could be better"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team based commision scheme Great sense of teamwork Reasonable hours

Cons

Senior management and head office are terrible at communicating with stores. Sales targets seem to be plucked out of thin air making it difficult to get bonus sometimes. No weekends off even though it's not that busy on a weekend. Part of your bonus is paid on conversion but a lot of complaining customers come to the store because the customer service department have failed to give them adequate help

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be greatly improved. Customer services needs a full revamp (look at the reviews) Consider rota'd weekends off for all staff.

Sofology2019-09-20
  9. "Great Pay"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay structure and good company values

Cons

Lack of local stores to progress

Sofology2019-08-06
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always appreciated with what you do and get recognition fast

Cons

Have to do all weekends which is always a retail thing however, a part from that all good.

Advice to Management

None

Sofology2019-07-28