Sixt Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

3.6
Sixt CEO Erich Sixt
Erich Sixt
Pros
  • "The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other(in 20 reviews)

• "Good pay, good management overall(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is not much of a work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "We are growing, with that growth long hours may follow with some added growing pains(in 21 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Great pay, flexibility in scheduling(shifts), understanding management, paid training, modern cars to drive, great relationships built between coworkers and third party cleaning company for fleet, second chances at proving you can do your job well if you had a rough couple weeks/months in meeting goal, being recognized in your department for doing a good job(stats)

Cons

booking system sluggish sometimes.

"Agent"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money in the summer with commission.

Cons

Basic salary and rely on commission to make the job worth while. Management ignore problems along as the company makes money. Employees are not treated equally and there are no benefits at all. Very long hours. High turn over, very difficult to progress higher. Treated like children. Plenty of back stabbing.

3. "Sixt"

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to work!

Cons

Can get very busy during seasonal periods, but I like the pace

4. "Good company"

4.0

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Helpful company, manager are very nice, good opportunities, good commission.

Cons

only customers were a problem

5. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Rental Agen in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

-good management -nice team -posibillty to drive a lot of cars -meeting new people everyday

Cons

-long hours -no personal life -sometimes it s a little bit stressfull

"Premium brand, pauper experience"

2.0

I worked at Sixt full-time

Pros

Imagine a place where the cars are clean, the management are friendly to one another, you're blinded by orange and the service is impeccable. And before you ask I'm not describing EasyJet. Like a half eaten Terry's egg - orange with a hint of brown - this is Sixt, friendly management to one another and (for the most part) clean cars. If you want to move up then this is doable, albeit you'll be worked harder than a working girls bedsprings and for very little reward to boot (so let's call it a bad looking working girl). Essentially, like Newtons third law, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - although in this case it's good and bad - and incidentally I can name approximately 1902 things like this for just Sixt alone, which by a coincidence is the year it was founded. And also the year your mum was born. If you like selling in a B2B market Sixt is a decent place to work, giving you quite a lot of freedom to go out and expand the business beyond the usual remit. However seeing as you're overseen by perhaps the most disjointed sales team in history, and that doing it was as boring as watching paint watching paint dry (paint-ception) I'd rather drag my balls through a mile of lemon soaked glass.

Cons

Like a mountain there are downsides to working for Germany's premier rental car service, and plenty of them indeed, filled with sharp rocks and mountain goats. Except the sharp rocks are rude customers. And the mountain goats are business owners who require vans LITERALLY RIGHT NOW. The fleet. You might expect that being a rental firm you would ensure that the business have the cars currently being advertised, right? Except NOPE. It's the petrol powered equivalent of walking into Tesco to collect your christmas turkey only to discover the turkey is in fact a 500g packet of mince, and when you're told the disinterested woman on the checkout tells you "well it's meat isn't it?" Cue yelling.

Sixt Response

May 12, 2016HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to review Sixt. We are glad that you enjoyed your position with us. We would encourage you to reach out to the UK HR team to discuss your concerns.

7. "Awesome company to work for"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Sixt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good training and progression opportunities. A lot of international travel opportunities.

Cons

Very fast paced and demanding ( I see it as a pro)

Continue reading
  8. "A pleasure to work there"

Current Employee - Yield Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Corporate culture is amazing

Cons

None that I can think of

9. "Great work place"

Current Employee - Front Desk Manager in Reykjavík
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We treat each other like family.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

10. "cool technical environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

The new micro-services platform is very cool and it is a pleasure to work with it. Nice and knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Weird experience of the direct management. I would expect them to ask less questions and take more decisions, where applicable for the role. My feeling is that this behavior is taken as a role model from many developers, which at the end may harm the motivation in a team.

Found 483 reviews