Sixt Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Sixt CEO Erich Sixt
Erich Sixt
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Great pay, flexibility in scheduling(shifts), understanding management, paid training, modern cars to drive, great relationships built between coworkers and third party cleaning company for fleet, second chances at proving you can do your job well if you had a rough couple weeks/months in meeting goal, being recognized in your department for doing a good job(stats)

Cons

booking system sluggish sometimes.

Advice to Management

Update the system and it would be the perfect place to work.

Sixt2019-09-05
  2. "Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money in the summer with commission.

Cons

Basic salary and rely on commission to make the job worth while. Management ignore problems along as the company makes money. Employees are not treated equally and there are no benefits at all. Very long hours. High turn over, very difficult to progress higher. Treated like children. Plenty of back stabbing.

Advice to Management

No advice needed as it falls on deaf ears.

Sixt2019-11-23
  3. "Sixt"

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to work!

Cons

Can get very busy during seasonal periods, but I like the pace

Sixt2019-11-08
  4. "Good company"

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Helpful company, manager are very nice, good opportunities, good commission.

Cons

only customers were a problem

Sixt2019-11-07
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Rental Agen in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

-good management -nice team -posibillty to drive a lot of cars -meeting new people everyday

Cons

-long hours -no personal life -sometimes it s a little bit stressfull

Sixt2019-05-24

"Premium brand, pauper experience"

I worked at Sixt full-time

Pros

Imagine a place where the cars are clean, the management are friendly to one another, you're blinded by orange and the service is impeccable. And before you ask I'm not describing EasyJet. Like a half eaten Terry's egg - orange with a hint of brown - this is Sixt, friendly management to one another and (for the most part) clean cars. If you want to move up then this is doable, albeit you'll be worked harder than a... working girls bedsprings and for very little reward to boot (so let's call it a bad looking working girl). Essentially, like Newtons third law, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - although in this case it's good and bad - and incidentally I can name approximately 1902 things like this for just Sixt alone, which by a coincidence is the year it was founded. And also the year your mum was born. If you like selling in a B2B market Sixt is a decent place to work, giving you quite a lot of freedom to go out and expand the business beyond the usual remit. However seeing as you're overseen by perhaps the most disjointed sales team in history, and that doing it was as boring as watching paint watching paint dry (paint-ception) I'd rather drag my balls through a mile of lemon soaked glass.

Cons

Like a mountain there are downsides to working for Germany's premier rental car service, and plenty of them indeed, filled with sharp rocks and mountain goats. Except the sharp rocks are rude customers. And the mountain goats are business owners who require vans LITERALLY RIGHT NOW. The fleet. You might expect that being a rental firm you would ensure that the business have the cars currently being advertised,... right? Except NOPE. It's the petrol powered equivalent of walking into Tesco to collect your christmas turkey only to discover the turkey is in fact a 500g packet of mince, and when you're told the disinterested woman on the checkout tells you "well it's meat isn't it?" Cue yelling.

Sixt2016-05-02
  7. "Rental Sales Associate"

Current Employee - RSA in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have a great team in Aspen

Cons

Wish we had a bigger location in aspen

Sixt2019-12-11
  8. "So far so good, but cautious"

Current Employee - RSA in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Sixt full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Pay on par with the other companies. - PTO - Not a physically demanding job - Taught the basics of how to sell - Commission - Opportunities to move up

Cons

- The biggest one? Favoritism and politics, but I guess that’s human nature no matter where you go *sigh* - Not a “con” for me, but could potentially be for those who need direction and supervision all the time. As for me, I’m quite capable of being proactive and not needing direction. - If a manager likes an employee you’re having conflict with more than you, than things could skew in their favor instead of yours..., potentially even if you work harder. Oh well, so be it. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how the real world works. At that point you’re faced with choosing whether tolerating the b.s. is worth the pay off, or if it’s time to move on.

Advice to Management

Try your very best to not let your natural inclinations of “playing favorites” get in the way of truly recognizing who your real MVPs in the team are, and are more likely to take you further in the long run than someone who’s looking to kiss your butt for short-term gain while creating a constant employee turn around problem that plagues this Valley because things like “playing favorites” and “office politics” aka... “cliques.” Only emotionally immature individuals play this very unnecessary and destructive game.

Sixt2019-12-11
  9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sixt provides extensive training to its employees. Everyone is always willing and available to assist. They're customer-focused and employee-oriented. A busy day can be very stressful but everyone tries their best to make it fun.

Cons

Availability of Cars, Work-Life Balance

Sixt2019-12-07
  10. "Great place to develop and grow"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sixt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management who are friendly and happy to help you grow in the company

Cons

I have had a great experience working here so far!

Advice to Management

Continue to help and develop individuals to grow with the company, I have greatly benefited from this help and coaching by Cesar R.

Sixt2019-12-05