Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 10 Jan 2020

3.7
Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company CEO Bob Pryor (no image)
Bob Pryor
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons that i ever experienced(in 5 reviews)

• "Inconsistent raises across the board have led to frustration of some really great people(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Decent History, Fresh Start"

Current Employee - Sales in Victoria, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sierra offers clients a wide range of services. A lot of the contracts are industry average installations and support, but there are some very interesting AI, Machine Learning, UI projects people can get behind and be proud of. Good people in the Microsoft Practice

Cons

Bought by a Japanese mega-conglomerate in 2019, nobody knows where this new leadership will take them. The internal culture is room temperature oatmeal.

2. "Sierra Review"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sound financial management, challenging assignments, good people that generally practice transparency and like each other. They look after their people, have well thought out career maps and a good career advisor program.

Cons

They need to find ways to introduce more relationship building within the company. It's tougher in a consulting company but more social events would help bring people together. Good people when you get to know them though😁

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Response

December 15, 2017HR Analyst

We recognize that not everyone is after career advancement and our career planning tools really look to support every Sierran regardless of what stage in their career they may be in. We are very happy you recognized that. Having a remote workforce and offering flexible work arrangements do make in-person connection a little more challenging. We try to encourage employees to come into the office more regularly with initiatives like “Come into the Office Thursdays” where employees bond over coffee and donuts. We also have quarterly market meetings followed by refreshments to encourage relationship building and networking. Many employees appreciate the flexible work arrangements we offer or they are working on a client site so while they may not make it out to all events but they do try to make it out to some. We increased our training budget this past fiscal year and will continue to maximize our training budget so that we can train as many employees as possible. Thank you for your feedback!

3. "Needs Focus"

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time

Pros

Good people, broad cross section of clients, long term clients, industry diverse revenue

Cons

Lack of focus - good talk but poor follow through- strong competitors- too reactive

4. "Consulting"

Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company

Pros

Good pay and good people Offered different options for employee to be pay like a independent consultant

Cons

Not enough pay holidays and Negotiations is tough on both salary increase and holidays

Continue reading

"Be aware what's in your employment contract"

1.0
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have some good people, but they are rapidly leaving

Cons

Make sure you have everything on paper, especially overtime. I had 124 overtime hours which were approved on timesheets, but never paid in full (I got paid $2.94/hr for these overtime hours)

6. "OK place"

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company

Pros

Good people around, positive working environment.

Cons

Not much room to grow.

7. "It depends on what you are looking for"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart great people to work with. If you are a seasoned professional that likes travel and doesn't need to learn new skills good place to make money if you are working full-time hours and you don't need to look for clients like you would if you were an independant. If you are want to learn and develop your career, hard to move from project to project so best to work for another firm (out of consulting) where you can grow, get mentoring/support and likely overall work on more interesting projects.

Cons

Not enough communication when one project ends and another begins which leaves people wondering and have seen many skilled people leave. Somewhat disorganized and org structure is odd. Some projects less than interesting work. Organization has been in significant change mode 2+ years with way too many good people leaving. Too many changes, benefits/perks taken away and not enough communication. Employee engagement/retention is not a focus; not the top employer it once was. Sr Mgt rating includes VPs, Unit/business line GMs.

"Decent, but not inspiring"

in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company

Pros

Good people, good location, respected in local market

Cons

Vague/non-existent career path, minimal training support, poor compensation

Continue reading
  9. "good emplyee centric company"

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company

Pros

good people who have genuine interest in you and your assignments very employee centric company

Cons

recent reorganization feels like its going to take a while to put in place and made to work knowledge of other opportunities within the company hard to find

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews