Shutterfly Machine Operator II Reviews

1.1
Shutterfly CEO Hilary Schneider
Hilary Schneider
0 Rating
  1. "Shutterflys shakopee location is the worst shutterfly location on all levels."

1.0
    Former Employee - Machine Operator Level II in Shakopee, MN

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO, Vacation, Heated building (kind of), big parking lot, looks nice on the outside.

Cons

Unprofessional HR, small raises, mandatory OT, favoritism, rampant unprofessional staffing.

Shutterfly2019-12-10

"Terrible but pays well if your are direct hire"

2.0
    Former Employee - Machine Operator II in Shakopee, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

-tons of free swag, too much to even use (1+ free of almost every item every 6 months, plus high employee discounts ) -good break room: atm, vending, lots of seating, and microwaves/coffee makers

Cons

- short sighted: too many temps, refuse to direct hire 90% of the time -work you like a dog: legally minimum breaks, no water or bathroom breaks outside of those (like high school but worse) - poor management practices: when asked what is needed to complete tasks, they ignore your answer despite not knowing how your machine even works -No accountability : blames temp agency for being short staffed all the time, doesn't even know when or why people are getting fired

Shutterfly2016-12-16

"Machine Operator Level 2"

5.0
    Current Employee - Machine Operator II in Shakopee, MN

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time

Pros

Employees are super friendly & helpful. Independent positions - you have freedom to do your job without being micro managed. Managers & supervisors all seem really nice. They help their employees grow & recruit from within. The hours are really nice - (4) 10hr days, 3 days off - with lots of overtime available during their busy season. Good work/life balance. Cheap snacks & meals along with unlimited free soda! Great employee discounts & perks! Better medical & dental coverage than my last job. 'The grass isn't always greener on the other side!' Atleast in my case, Shutterfly was!

Cons

Extremely busy quarter 4 season, with mandatory overtime. Gotta be productive & fast while on your feet 8+ hrs on your feet. Isn't a big deal for me.

Shutterfly2016-07-04

"Going downhill fast!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Machine Operator II in Shakopee, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the beginning it was great! You felt like you were going to be a part of a great company.

Cons

You come dead last as a production employee! Little to no warning of schedule change! Good people leaving!

Shutterfly2016-06-22

"Fun Place to Work"

Machine Operator II in Shakopee, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shutterfly for more than a year

Pros

I got a chance to work with a really fun crew. Management somehow dropped the ball on how they treated their employees and then everyone that was hired on from day 1 started leaving including myself.

Cons

Upper management didn't seem to care about their people.

Shutterfly2015-07-04

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews