Cover image for ShipStation

Part of Stamps.com
Engaged Employer

ShipStation

Add a Review

ShipStation Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated 13 May 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 93 of over 93 reviews
3.6
61% Recommend to a Friend
72% Approve of CEO

Found 3 of over 93 reviews

3.6
ShipStation President & CEO Nathan Jones (no image)
Nathan Jones
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is great, very respectful of your vacation and time off(in 5 reviews)

• "Unlimited Vacation and good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Communication from upper management is HORRIBLE(in 6 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be tough, but it's what you make it(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Great place to work!

13 May 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work and easy product to sell.

Cons

Training and Onboarding could be better. Other than that, ShipStation is such a great place to work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great place, Good People

19 Dec 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at a lot of places, big companies, small companies, but I have to give it to ShipStation when it comes to treating people right. People really do listen to what you want. Management has an open door policy, and everyone is always willing to hear what you have to say. People who work hard and want to get ahead, do just that. Getting promoted is not hard, since they do open up all the positions internally before they open them up externally. They do consider all candidates and make a decision based on who will fit the role the best. We get lunch on a weekly basis, so that is always great. All in all I think this is a great place to work if you are looking to work hard and be a dedicated part of a team. The people with longevity here like to work as a team, encourage each other, and get excited when we all do well.

Cons

There is not many. One thing I really do not like is that since we are growing so fast, the facilities are getting little crowded. So going to the bathroom might be a challenge and the parking is getting tricky. I know that this is just a part of growing though.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. Join the ShipStation team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Great coworkers, not so great company

24 Dec 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There ARE not many. Learning proper grammar is one of them. ShipStation, really does have an open door policy. There is a front door, back door, and a side door. You get to choose the one you like when you are fired without warning. Management likes to hear your opinion as long as you agree with them. Getting promoted is easy, you just have to suck up to the CEO and take him to lunch a few times a week. Become his buddy and share dirty jokes. All in all I think this is a great place to work if McDonalds isn't hiring.

Cons

I have worked at a lot of places, big companies, small companies, but I have to give it to ShipStation. I have never worked anywhere that did not have an HR person. That's really awesome when you are harassed by your manager and have no one to turn to for assistance. With the purchase by Stamps.com, there is a sort of an HR department I guess. However, after reading the Glassdoor comments for Stamps, it does not look like that is a great option. If the CEO could count on his fingers and toes, he would have realized the bathroom and parking facilities were insufficient the day the lease was signed for the current space. Part of growing a company is leasing a space that has room for growth. A company that values it employees, is a company that trusts it's employees and shares what is happening behind the scenes. When the company is purchased for $50 million in cash and you share less than 1% with your employees, that says a lot about how much you really value us. How much of your stamps.com stock are you going to share with us?

Continue reading