Shell Energy Retail "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Shell Energy Retail Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 29 Nov 2019

4.3
Shell Energy Retail CEO Colin Crooks
Colin Crooks
Pros
Cons
  • "Pension scheme could be improved(in 20 reviews)

• "You don't get sick pay for the first few days which is a shame(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent working environment without pressure"

Former Intern - Developer in Bangalore

I worked at Shell Energy Retail for less than a year

Pros

Excellent working environment without pressure

Cons

I really didn't find any cons working here

Advice to Management

Good going

Shell Energy Retail2019-11-29
  2. "Ok"

Current Employee - Credit Specialist

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time

Pros

Working environment, door to door service

Cons

Shifting, politics, shared service so far from stakeholders

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-17
  3. "Great company to work for"

Current Contractor - Risk Specialist in Durban

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail for more than a year

Pros

1. Competitive salary 2. Conducive working environment 3. Great staff

Cons

High labour turnover Immediate resignation so

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Shell Energy Retail2019-04-22
  4. "First Utility - Great Place to work"

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very engaging and always have the best interests at heart for all employees. Very flexible working environment and great team spirit.

Cons

Can sometimes get very hectic with little time to reflect.

Shell Energy Retail2019-02-11
  5. "The Life At First Utility"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Advisor Home Movers in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great atmosphere - Friendly, approachable working environment - So much opportunity to develop and gain experience in multiple areas whether that be Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Test Analysis, Business Analysis, Product. Myself personally receive so much opportunity to develop my skills purely from showing willingness to learn and the capability of the ability I possess. - Great Channel Manager and Team... Manager support - Great to build communication and networking skills. - Overall a fab company to work for.

Cons

- Staff tariff could still do with some improvements. - Whilst opportunity comes in great amounts. Interview prep is not. Helping individuals face the interview environment would be a great help. I have a an extensive PDP but due to having OCD, fail at the interview stage due to not being able to articulate myself in the false environment.

Advice to Management

Keep excelling and improving. I've seen great work and development in the three years I've worked here.

Shell Energy Retail2018-04-12
  6. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time

Pros

High paced, modern working environment with some excellent leaders. Internal development of colleagues is high on the agenda with a culture of looking out for the customer and each other. Also a Tech led business, which makes you feel like you work for more than just an average energy company. Firstperks allows colleagues to save money on everything from Christmas shopping to the next holiday away, 25 days... holiday and competitive salaries.

Cons

Pension/Paternity/Maternity meets minimum statutory requirement

Advice to Management

We lose too many good people due to restrictive pay increase policies when applying for internal vacancies.

Shell Energy Retail2017-12-11
  7. "Innovative and Entrepreneurial"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, accessible leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, no blame culture, nice working environment, can do and get things done attitude, feel valued as a member of staff, innovative and technology led, willing to take risks, customer focused

Cons

multi site location (soon being fixed!)

Advice to Management

Organisational structure needs to be adjusted to support multi product strategy

Shell Energy Retail2017-11-02
  8. "Great People & Great Working Environment"

Current Contractor - Interim Human Resources Manager in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail for less than a year

Pros

As a challenger utility company, the enthusiasm and camaraderie of the people in the business is very evident. This is a company that has grown rapidly and the people I work with couldn't be better. The working environment is very good. The offices are well equipped and modern. Meeting rooms, rest rooms and restaurant are all well equipped and nicely decorated. The technology is also up to date and good to use.... The business is forward looking and is clearly going places despite the challenges in the broader industry. But it's the people that make working life a pleasure or a pain and in the case of First Utility, they are definitely a big positive.

Cons

It's early days, but from a work perspective I haven't got any complaints. However, the benefits package could do with modernising and I know this is something that is actively being worked on

Advice to Management

Keep driving forward, keep hold of all these great people and to do that, maybe invest a little bit more in benefits in the future

Shell Energy Retail2017-11-08
  9. "First Utility Employment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good progression opportunities , a lot of scope to move teams and to move up. Great colleagues create a friendly and relaxed working environment which makes the office welcoming.

Cons

Only receive statutory maternity/paternity pay!!!

Advice to Management

Improvements could be made to internal communications, as can be slow to come out and reactive to events rather than prior notice.

Shell Energy Retail2017-10-20

"Promises much, delivers little"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

#Fairly steady income #Nice office (that we are moving out of) #Nice working environment

Cons

# Lack of a pay rise #Poor career development # No room to develop new skills/training #None existant Mat/Pat pay #New positions are filled before or without being advertised / interviewed for #Severe lack of cross department communication #No benefits / bonus #Lack of parking spaces

Advice to Management

There are a few major issues. I along with most of my team have never had adequate training for the roles that we do. A large part of this stems from the fact that departments do not speak to each other. There are so many tools that could make my job a lot easier which I don't have access to and for reasons unexplained am not given training on. It just seems to be excuse after excuse. Issues with pay as well,... yes starting wage for most roles is competitive but swapping roles isn't some people are held to a 10% only increase on their current role with other people being given what they want. (a friend of mine got a 25% increase, where as I got 10%). Which is one of the many inconsistencies that come from HR. Not to mention the fact in another team a member of staff has been made the new manager of the team without the role being advertised or interviewed for. There are many cases of if you face doesn't fit you won't have any support or help to progress and most managers have their 'favorites' but I believe this was a step too far. The lack of good progression routes, wage increases, bonus scheme or Maternity or Paternity pay have meant I have seen many good colleagues leave the business.

Shell Energy Retail2017-10-05