Seattle Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Seattle Genetics Reviews

Updated 20 Jan 2020

3.9
Seattle Genetics President and CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
  • "Incredibly friendly and collaborative work environment with lots of opportunity for career growth and development(in 14 reviews)

• "Company culture is very positive and value focused(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rapid growth can cause growing pains(in 8 reviews)

• "The main Bothell campus can be subject to traffic during commute times(in 8 reviews)

1. "Culture of team work"

Former Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Bothell, WA

I worked at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture - People work here truly cares about patients and know how to work together. It's wonderful to see how people collaborate on each other to deliver the patients' needs and not necessarily looking for their own interests. Friday morning meetings are great bonus! It's nice to have CEO comes to those meetings in person and shares lots of things to the employees.

Cons

hard to find conference room at last minute. Need to plan a head of time to book a conference room

Seattle Genetics2020-01-20
  2. "A breathe of fresh air!"

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's the real deal here, fantastic culture and people. A fast-growing organization with great management and collaborative, helpful colleagues. Great benefits and opportunities for movement within the organization. Definitely no attitudes or egos here!

Cons

As with any fast-growing organization, there are growing pains. Systems and communications have room for improvement, but no doubt it will improve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Seattle Genetics2020-01-05
  3. "Innovative science and great culture"

Current Employee - Principal Scientist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Science-focused organization that is focused on developing innovative therapies and helping patients.

Cons

Rapid growth across the organization means that the organization is constantly changing. This offers opportunities but also many growing pains along the way.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-12
  4. "Great company culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Seattle Genetics. One of my favorite parts is the company culture - which I feel is driven strongly by the CEO. He hosts all company meetings every week, and I feel that he makes employees feel valued through his interactions, leadership, and the way he manages the organization. The company offers great benefits - including healthcare options, retirement, fitness reimbursement, access to the Passport corporate program, PTO, educational assistance programs, and more! I strongly recommend checking out the company website to learn more. I also truly enjoy the people I work with and contributing to a mission based organization. We are all there to support a common goal and working toward this goal together feels very rewarding.

Cons

I think the fast paced environment can feel overwhelming or challenging to some people though I find it exciting and invigorating.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-11
  5. "Long Term Employee"

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful people to work with who have a passion for patients. Great collaboration. Great opportunities to change career paths.

Cons

Processes and systems need to improve as we scale, as well as more rapid decision making.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-09

"Excellent science and outstanding work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Collaborative work environment with great work/life balance -Rapid growth fueled by successful clinical programs -Clearly defined mission to bring life altering medicines to oncology patients

Cons

-Still a growing company; absence of well defined systems/structure typically found in more mature companies can be frustrating

Seattle Genetics2019-12-04

"Flexible Company"

Current Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, collaborative environment, helpful staff, and room for growth within the company.

Cons

Company could be more open to remote work

Seattle Genetics2019-11-22
  8. "Superb benefits and friendly atmosphere, but..."

Current Employee - Quality

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* The benefits and incentives really cannot be beat. The best by far I've experienced in this and adjacent industries. * Honestly, you can tell the CEO truly cares about the patients. And I don't mean in a pandering, let's make a video highlight of patients saved by our products that we only show to visitors way. * Communication from executive leadership is consistent and thorough. Even if they aren't always successful in addressing employee concerns, it's not for lack of trying. * The culture is really very positive. You don't experience the cutthroat, backstabbing behavior you often find at larger organization. People generally get along and collaborate very well, which makes cross-functional projects a pleasure.

Cons

Shares the same pitfalls of pretty much any organization: * Driven, high-performing employees are overloaded by management to ensure project success. This leads to a high burnout and group (or company) exit rates as a result. The company tries to recognize employee success, but it falls so short it almost feels like an insult when given. * Across the organization, your success and advancement is going to be significantly influenced by the group you report in through. There is an exceptional lack of standardization across the organization when it comes to employee advancement. It's clear to staff in those groups treated with more scrutiny that their opportunities exist only by leaving the department, which is unfortunate because those that leave are so often the ones management should have striven to keep. * Due to how long some individuals have worked at the organization, prior experience external to Seattle Genetics is often completely disregarded. Prepare to have to start close to scratch in many cases. It's astounding to interview people with such great experience and they're brought in at entry-level positions.

Advice to Management

Work harder to preserve your performers or stop being shocked when you lose them to better treatment elsewhere.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-06
  9. "High Job Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic manager, flexibility to pursue projects of interest and opportunity to take on more responsibility as desired

Cons

The main Bothell campus can be subject to traffic during commute times

Seattle Genetics2019-11-13

"Wonderful Place to work"

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company that literally saves lives, leadership that live the vision, environment of learning (Friday Morning Meetings, a team dedicated to in-house learning, etc.), great commute for those living in the suburbs, walkable main campus, pay equity.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet

Seattle Genetics2019-10-18