Seattle Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Seattle Genetics Reviews

Updated 9 Dec 2019

3.8
Seattle Genetics CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
Cons
  • "The main Bothell campus can be subject to traffic during commute times(in 8 reviews)

• "As such there are a number of growing pains related to webex meetings(in 6 reviews)

1. "Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful people to work with who have a passion for patients. Great collaboration. Great opportunities to change career paths.

Cons

Processes and systems need to improve as we scale, as well as more rapid decision making.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-09
  2. "Excellent science and outstanding work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Collaborative work environment with great work/life balance -Rapid growth fueled by successful clinical programs -Clearly defined mission to bring life altering medicines to oncology patients

Cons

-Still a growing company; absence of well defined systems/structure typically found in more mature companies can be frustrating

Seattle Genetics2019-12-04
  3. "Flexible Company"

Current Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, collaborative environment, helpful staff, and room for growth within the company.

Cons

Company could be more open to remote work

Seattle Genetics2019-11-22
  4. "Superb benefits and friendly atmosphere, but..."

Current Employee - Quality

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* The benefits and incentives really cannot be beat. The best by far I've experienced in this and adjacent industries. * Honestly, you can tell the CEO truly cares about the patients. And I don't mean in a pandering, let's make a video highlight of patients saved by our products that we only show to visitors way. * Communication from executive leadership is consistent and thorough. Even if they aren't always... successful in addressing employee concerns, it's not for lack of trying. * The culture is really very positive. You don't experience the cutthroat, backstabbing behavior you often find at larger organization. People generally get along and collaborate very well, which makes cross-functional projects a pleasure.

Cons

Shares the same pitfalls of pretty much any organization: * Driven, high-performing employees are overloaded by management to ensure project success. This leads to a high burnout and group (or company) exit rates as a result. The company tries to recognize employee success, but it falls so short it almost feels like an insult when given. * Across the organization, your success and advancement is going to be... significantly influenced by the group you report in through. There is an exceptional lack of standardization across the organization when it comes to employee advancement. It's clear to staff in those groups treated with more scrutiny that their opportunities exist only by leaving the department, which is unfortunate because those that leave are so often the ones management should have striven to keep. * Due to how long some individuals have worked at the organization, prior experience external to Seattle Genetics is often completely disregarded. Prepare to have to start close to scratch in many cases. It's astounding to interview people with such great experience and they're brought in at entry-level positions.

Advice to Management

Work harder to preserve your performers or stop being shocked when you lose them to better treatment elsewhere.

Seattle Genetics2019-12-06
  5. "High Job Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic manager, flexibility to pursue projects of interest and opportunity to take on more responsibility as desired

Cons

The main Bothell campus can be subject to traffic during commute times

Seattle Genetics2019-11-13

"Wonderful Place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company that literally saves lives, leadership that live the vision, environment of learning (Friday Morning Meetings, a team dedicated to in-house learning, etc.), great commute for those living in the suburbs, walkable main campus, pay equity.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet

Seattle Genetics2019-10-18

"Strong Culture & Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Talent Acquisition in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Throughout the lifetime of the company, there has been one mission – to improve the lives of cancer patients. Patient centricity is at the heart of Seattle Genetics – if the right decisions are being made for patients, the success of the business will naturally follow. That being said, it’s also evident that Seattle Genetics cares about employees. The company has invested heavily in Training and Development,... something all employees benefit greatly from. The company is also constantly benchmarking the industry to ensure all employees have extremely competitive benefits and compensation. This contributes to employees feeling valued, which leads to a healthy culture. A good example of this culture is the all company meetings on Friday's - when we recognize tenured employees, introduce new hires, celebrate successes, and talk about lessons learned from failures. Our CEO takes 10-15 meetings to update the company on what he is doing on a day-to-day basis, and this type of transparency trickles down to the team level. After he is done, we have a different department present to the company each week. This helps everyone understand the complete process of drug development and unifies everyone as one company with one mission. Partially due to past and present success, Seattle Genetics is extremely well funded with absolutely zero debt! This allows the company to re-invest heavily into the pipeline and technology. It also provides opportunities to add to our pipeline through partnerships and acquisitions. Between our own Research department and a proactive philosophy of canvassing external opportunities, we are well positioned to continue our growth and emerge as a multi-product global biotechnology company. This provides a lot of stability as a company, and gives employees good peace of mind. The culture is built on having a passion for helping patients, and there is a level of mutual respect and integrity throughout the company that cultivates a positive working environment.

Cons

Rapid growth can cause growing pains. This is normal evolution and isn't a con, but it is a "watch-out" as we move forward.

Advice to Management

Go to great lengths to keep the present culture intact as the company continues to grow.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-17

"We are Growing.. Exciting time to be a part of Seattle Genetics"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seattle Genetics promotes a Collaborative environment. We are rapidly growing and with each day there is something new to learn. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement in the organization. Leadership is open and receptive to new ideas.

Cons

Be open to considering remote employees for more positions.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-17
  9. "Committed to Success for patient and each other’s"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is very positive and value focused

Cons

Limited on-site eating options and badge only printing would also be great.

Advice to Management

Strong Leadership is everything.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-21
  10. "Exceptional, High Growth Place to Work with a Compelling Mission of Fighting Cancer"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compelling mission of helping patients with cancer; World's leader in antibody drug conjugates, a critical new therapy for cancer care; ADCETRIS is now the standard of care in Hodgkins and other lymphomas and revenues are growing; Two new late stage drugs are on path to approval - Enfortumab vedotin in bladder cancer and Tucatinib in breast cancer; A fast growing multi-product, global biotechnology company with... a great culture where you can build an exciting career.

Cons

Biggest downside is that a high growth work environment isn't for everyone. Things are changing fast, processes haven't always kept up with growth, and decision making isn't always as straightforward as it would be in a more stable environment.

Advice to Management

Continue driving growth but also work on scaling processes and decision making to align with growth curve.

Seattle Genetics2019-10-19