Seamless Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Oct 5, 2016

3.4
Seamless CEO Matt Maloney
Matt Maloney
  1. "I am Good with Seamless"

I have been working at Seamless

Pros

I am working very passionately with seamless

Cons

I cannot say their is no down side but i am facing challenging tasks in my work.

Seamless2016-10-04
  2. "Good Place to Learn"

Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless for more than 3 years

Pros

Good feedback from executives and developers.

Cons

Lack of guidance or requirements.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what is in reach before thinking about the next project.

Seamless2016-10-05
  3. "Everyday More or Less I Looked Forward to Working Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My coworkers within my immediate team were mostly exceptional, including my immedate boss and my boss' boss; great camaradere; helpful to each other; knowledgable and skilled; you can be as private & individual as you want to be or be a social butterfly, either way they respect it. Best bosses for me, very supportive and there's a lot of flexibility and independence, no micro-managing. Office is exceptional too;... best location; bingo and table tennis always; free food. I still communicate with my coworkers and bosses even after we left the company, it's that great.

Cons

I can't say anything bad really. The company made an effort to be as transparent as possible when Seamless merged with Grubhub however, you can only reveal so much. Everything was great until it wasn't. Grubhub is a good company by itself it seems like but it's a different culture and I think the cultures didn't quite mesh well not a few times. The merge didn't affect me for the first 2 years or so. Politics exist... as with most employers but you can choose to stay out of it.

Advice to Management

Maintaing good morale was no. 1 I understand when the merge happened but I wish people were more honest about what was happening with upper management during the merge. It was very confusing in some parts in the later years of the merge. Overall still I'm very thankful to Seamless!

Seamless2016-04-08
  4. "Fantastic company culture"

I have been working at Seamless full-time

Pros

Despite the fact that the company has been going for 17 years, it is still a quickly growing company. The product is strong, the management are switched on and the day to day is rewarding. Company culture is a big plus and I feel my opinion counts.

Cons

The company is growing in so many areas it's sometimes quite challenging to know who to push forward ideas for development through to.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep developing the product. Look at what parts of the product are most profitable, and try not to have your head turned by big investment in similar companies who have weaker business models.

Seamless2016-03-30
  5. "Great company"

I have been working at Seamless full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work great ppl

Cons

Long hours, demanding environment

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and bring more ppl in

Seamless2016-03-22
  6. "Rewarded brown nosing more than actual work"

I worked at Seamless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of free food and if you get burnt out enough and goof off, it will take them a while to fire you. I saw that happen to several employees.

Cons

Hard to be motivated in a place where people who were friends with managers got promoted and given positions that were never publicly advertised.

Seamless2015-08-25
  7. "Database Engineer"

I worked at Seamless

Pros

Great space, great people, great food.

Cons

The work itself was very boring.

Seamless2015-06-26
  8. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture, benefits,

Cons

Feeling of the recent merger siding towards a different office or focusing mostly on the development team.

Seamless2015-06-22

"Seamless was a great environment."

Former Employee - Data Entry in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Seamless full-time for less than a year

Pros

They definitely had the feel of a startup. The management was very responsive to feedback and gave good direction to the team. Coworkers were amazing.

Cons

Data entry can be pretty mundane, but that's not the fault of the company. Oftentimes we would have to call restaurants to clarify things and they wouldn't speak english well, so there should be better ways to redirect calls in other languages in place.

Advice to Management

The standards for menu entry were quite high and difficult to obtain, and they had this weird system where like 70 percent effeciency was the goal. So effectively 70 percent is 100 percent- I don't know, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Seamless2014-03-24

"Poor Senior Leaders"

Former Employee - Product Management in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, great marketing and content strengths

Cons

Horrible IT systems. Lacks a good culture of empowerment. Leaders blame everyone's laziness for their inability to lead correctly. Big dictatorship culture because senior leaders don't understand how to build trust and empower teams. They also promote death marches.

Advice to Management

Leadership isn't just something you're born with because you can communicate. Do some studying and really train yourselves on how to build a better culture of empowerment.

Seamless2014-03-05