Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews

Updated 21 May 2020

4.2
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Senior Vice-President in charge of the High Performance Materials Sector Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 18 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is quite heavy on the upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "No cons that I'm aware of at this time(in 6 reviews)

"Ok"

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of opportunities to work with international group of people and travel; training programmes for employees; as part of a bigger group, PPL shares SG principles of conduct; health benefits quite good

Cons

Being part of a bigger group, internal audits and business controls are taken to a level that is at times disruption to the business activities; the salary follows strange pattern whereby you can be on a lower salary than person reporting to you ?! There is no sense of managament pulling towards one common goal, they seem to play a lot of politics to suit themselves

Continue reading
  2. "The Perfect Situation"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Began with the company as an intern for multiple summers and eventually was offered a full time position following graduation. I've worked at multiple sites and have loved the team environment and the noticeable opportunity for growth and advancement at each site.

Cons

No cons that I'm aware of at this time.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Saint-Gobain has a very positive and collaborative culture. Everyone is willing to help out and genuinely takes pride in their work. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

The only negative that I've seen is the high deductible health insurance plan.

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Poznań, Greater Poland

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Stable and "well oiled" machine

Cons

Sometimes too rigid and long decision making process

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

Lots of exposure to all aspects of the business, key focus on relationship building with all the teams internal and external, great family feel.

Cons

Lots of changes which may not suit everyone.

6. "Focused on narrow area."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Seoul

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can experience a variety of industries. Can have a opportunity to drive your own project.

Cons

Slow and conservative. Hard to be a market leader.

7. "Great place to work but..."

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Puyallup, WA

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large multinational company. Great hourly workers. Better than average benefit package

Cons

Site's upper management has turned over too many times in last 3 years. No sales team. No on premises HR

Continue reading
  8. "Heading in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Manager in Akron, OH

Pros

Hidden gem in Akron. Great pay with OT available if you want it, work life balance is great now, lots of good change finally! Management is trying to listen to the floor and seems to be working together. Work environment is good. Bonus for everyone.

Cons

Plant is a bit outdated and could use a facelift.

Continue reading
  9. "A Very Fulfilling Job - Great Team!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Beaverton, MI

Pros

Great coworkers, always a challenge, supportive corporate contacts, lots of opportunity for growth especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

You will always have to deal with difficult coworkers, there are some here as well, but overall it's a positive team.

Continue reading
  10. "I would recommend working here"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Malvern, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Beautiful building, nice amenities, average benefits. Company offers paternity leave and supports multiple cultures. Lots of employee events.

Cons

As with most jobs in Corporate America, headcount is everything. Departments struggle with inadequate man power due to inability to hire more help or are forced to let go of staff due to budget cuts.

Found 256 reviews