Found 361 of over 400 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Finance
13 hours ago
Senior Financial Analyst
I found myself in the job market after a layoff in March and have been diligently looking for new opportunities since. With a solid six-year background as a Senior Financial Analyst and Consultant, complemented by PMP and Scrum Master certifications, I bring a wealth of expertise to the table. However, the current job market is notably competitive. I’m curious if others are experiencing similar challenges in finding employment.
8 hours ago
Investment Banking Analyst
Currently at Fidelity in entry level workplace planning associate working on my series 7. Have a job opportunity at UBS as a developmental financial advisor. My dream is to move to investment banking. Do I take UBS offer? I’m single 23 and don’t mind moving
Got a burning question about Sainsbury's Bank? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sainsbury's Bank employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "poor management and could be better" (in 21 reviews)
- "Low pay and lonely." (in 15 reviews)
- "Bad pay, management has favourites, no career progression" (in 5 reviews)
- "Clunky computer systems and lengthy internal processes mean some simple tasks can take a long time to do which is not the best when you're working in a fast paced environment." (in 3 reviews)
- 1.010 Nov 2023Risk ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
Very few pros to comment on for this company.
Staff are forced to complete store working, whilst they continue to struggle in their actual roles due to lack or resource during a six month recruitment freeze. Exco members have no idea of the struggles teams face. They hear what they wish to hear and block out any real world problems facing their staff. Management and Exco have NO appreciation for the time, effort and dedication colleagues put into making the bank work. Its completely deflating. Staff are completely undervalued as well as underpaid compared to other financial institutions.
- 3.011 Nov 2023Sales AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearEdinburgh, Scotland
Generally a good team, often had lots of internal vacancies so moving around is possible, including within the wider Sainsbury group. Pretty good training regime too, and lots of internal help guides for when you're dealing with customers. When you left work you could switch off, absolutely no one bothered you outside hours. No pestering you to do overtime.
Clunky systems for some products. Typical call centre though, follow the script or get in trouble. Pay was barely above minimum wage when I worked there.
- 4.022 Nov 2023Risk ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEdinburgh, Scotland
People are genuinely working towards same goals and support each other. No hidden agendas so far.
Paid 4 weekly which is difficult to manage when most bills are monthly. Career progression
- 2.018 Nov 2023Marketing ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
Friendly with great people and flexible
Recent nosedive with huge number of redundancies. No longevity
- 4.017 Nov 2023Head of Information Assurance & TechnologyFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
Great people and culture mean what they say
constant change and Retail Group challenges
- 1.021 Nov 2023Travel Money AdvisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEast Dulwich, England
Friendly environment. Responsive and helping Managers.
Limited career opportunities. There are a lot of checks you need to cater to.
Sainsbury's Bank Reviews FAQs
Sainsbury's Bank has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 400 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Sainsbury's Bank to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
75% of Sainsbury's Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sainsbury's Bank 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.